+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: They think it's all over well it is now

They think it's all over well it is now

Good luck carrying the flag next season and remember
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep9Vzb6R_58.

Re: They think it's all over well it is now

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    Nice of you to think of us in your time of need mate. We are here for you! If it's any comfort you are my favourite gyp from the Championship!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    Nice one Maxim

I'd feel sorry for you but you're going to have a much more enjoyable season next year in terms of interesting matches than we are I fear. It's good to have a reasonable prospect of being competitive at the top end of a division for a change

I hope we meet you in the Prem in 2019!

I still think they could benefit from a Man City hammering of Southampton ?

Yeah but they may need to score themselves and I think they have only managed 2 in the last 8 games ? I think their players may have started thinking they had done the hard work in January and were safe but have got sucked back into bottom 3 .

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    I still think they could benefit from a Man City hammering of Southampton ?
    Let's shine a ray of realism of this.

Assuming neither Stoke nor Southampton score, we'd need the following sort of scenario:

Jacks score 2, Man City score 8. Swansea scoring 2 is a slim possibility on recent form but a possibility given the circumstances. Man City scoring 8? Forget it. They haven't all season.

In fact, Man City haven't scored more than 5 in a game since last October. They've managed 5 in a game twice in their last 46 and 4 in a game 7 times.

If they get 5, which is unlikely, Swansea need 5 - impossible. If they get 4, Swansea need 6. I needn't go on.

If Man City can get a 7-0 win, Swansea might be in with a slim chance if they perform well above their last 2 month's form.

We know that Man City's players will be on holiday, looking after things ahead of the World Cup etc. They'll get 100 points, go a couple of goals up and relax.

Southampton will park the bus surely. Can't see more than a couple of goals but it's a funny ol' game.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Let's shine a ray of realism of this.

Assuming neither Stoke nor Southampton score, we'd need the following sort of scenario:

Jacks score 2, Man City score 8. Swansea scoring 2 is a slim possibility on recent form but a possibility given the circumstances. Man City scoring 8? Forget it. They haven't all season.

In fact, Man City haven't scored more than 5 in a game since last October. They've managed 5 in a game twice in their last 46 and 4 in a game 7 times.

If they get 5, which is unlikely, Swansea need 5 - impossible. If they get 4, Swansea need 6. I needn't go on.

If Man City can get a 7-0 win, Swansea might be in with a slim chance if they perform well above their last 2 month's form.

We know that Man City's players will be on holiday, looking after things ahead of the World Cup etc. They'll get 100 points, go a couple of goals up and relax.
    I think you're right, but I could easily imagine a set of circumstances whereby an already relegated club downs tools on the final day of the season after going 2-0 down after about an hour and ends up losing, say, 5-0. I'm not sure Man City will have the appetite to keep on hunting for goals after making sure of the win against Southampton though, especially against a side who would have everything to play for even if the goals were flying in against them - Man City's aim for Sunday must be to reach 100 points, they have already set a Premier League record for most goals scored, so whether they get to the century by winning 1-0 or 8-0 will make no odds to them.

Mark Hughes had done a great job at Southampton especially with the defence. I think they’ll lose to Man City but it would be a bit of a shock if it was by more than 2 or 3.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think you're right, but I could easily imagine a set of circumstances whereby an already relegated club downs tools on the final day of the season after going 2-0 down after about an hour and ends up losing, say, 5-0. I'm not sure Man City will have the appetite to keep on hunting for goals after making sure of the win against Southampton though, especially against a side who would have everything to play for even if the goals were flying in against them - Man City's aim for Sunday must be to reach 100 points, they have already set a Premier League record for most goals scored, so whether they get to the century by winning 1-0 or 8-0 will make no odds to them.
    Much will also depend on Swansea's own attitude. They've looked doomed for weeks. If they feel the situation is hopeless, they might end up being as poor as Stoke and the game dying from the first whistle.

I can imagine the game going very much like ours against Man City. In the second half they just held onto the ball as the game was won and our boys didn't go hunting it down which would have given man City the space they wanted.

Once they are in front on the weekend stalemate will ensue.