+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ah well, it was good while it lasted.

Ah well, it was good while it lasted.

It wasn't all that good actually. Some highlights but generally just dodging the drop.

Now's the time to see if the Americans are serious about us. One thing about Vince, he's hung on in there, I don't see our owners doing the same. They've already got £30 million of their investment back and will rape us for the rest.

Enjoy the Premier League and take some top six scalps

Re: Ah well, it was good while it lasted.

Quote Originally Posted by ZZ Jack View Post
    It wasn't all that good actually. Some highlights but generally just dodging the drop.

Now's the time to see if the Americans are serious about us. One thing about Vince, he's hung on in there, I don't see our owners doing the same. They've already got £30 million of their investment back and will rape us for the rest.

Nice post ZZJ

An honest post well done,hope we can stay up there as long as your lot.

I was at Wembley the day you beat my boys 4-2 in the play off final. I was gutted as a Reading fan but the disappointment was eased by seeing a Welsh club in the top flight. From there under Rodgers and then Laudrup you graced the PL. It was brilliant to see. Under Monk it became more pragmatic and under a succession of managers that pleasing pass style disappeared.

For clubs the size of Swansea, Cardiff and Reading it is never going to last forever. Seven seasons is a damn good effort. However your owners have sold you short. You cannot do the PL on the cheap and now the penalty has been paid.

As for Huw Jenkins well I think your supporters should look back to where you were at the start of the Century. He has been your chairman during the greatest ever times for your club. Some of your fans have forgotten where you were and where you have been over the past dozen years.

See you in the Championship next season

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I was at Wembley the day you beat my boys 4-2 in the play off final. I was gutted as a Reading fan but the disappointment was eased by seeing a Welsh club in the top flight. From there under Rodgers and then Laudrup you graced the PL. It was brilliant to see. Under Monk it became more pragmatic and under a succession of managers that pleasing pass style disappeared.

For clubs the size of Swansea, Cardiff and Reading it is never going to last forever. Seven seasons is a damn good effort. However your owners have sold you short. You cannot do the PL on the cheap and now the penalty has been paid.

As for Huw Jenkins well I think your supporters should look back to where you were at the start of the Century. He has been your chairman during the greatest ever times for your club. Some of your fans have forgotten where you were and where you have been over the past dozen years.

See you in the Championship next season
    Again come on here as a real sensible poster Pearcey you are a good man

Sorry to see you go down matey! I'm not one of those jack b'stard haters. Like to see ALL Welsh teams do well. It's always been Brizzle City for me, and always will be, as our main rivals.

The better all Welsh football teams do, the better it is for our National team. Together = Stronger

Can't see you coming straight back up. Want you to though, we owe you a hammering for that inept performance we gave against you when you beat us 3-0 the last time we were both in the Prem. The most pathetic, inept display I have ever seen against you, in 50 years of supporting the Bluebirds. You should keep Carvalhal as manager. Agree? That squeaky voiced Scoucer wants him to remain in charge. It's the first time I have ever agreed with anything he has ever said. Heard him on Talksport radio yesterday. He really does need to have elocution lessons though, before he comes on the radio though lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Again come on here as a real sensible poster Pearcey you are a good man
    Thanks Jeeps. I’m a football fan mate. Reading first but then come the Welsh clubs. I really wanted Swansea to stay up but in truth they are simply not good enough.

Blue in the Face

Could be a blessing for the long term of the club to hit the reset button. Hopefully they can use this to get their playing style back, trim some of the fat from the squad and rebuild. They have some excellent young players to come in. Oliver McBurnie looks a talent to me and I can see him tearing up the championship next year. Shame he ain't Welsh. Think they really need to splash some parachute money on a really creative no.10 though.

It would be nice if some of these crooked shareholder cashed in their chips at this point.

Your club’s summer transfer policy really hurt you bad , not replacing Sigurdsson and Levente before they left and then the hope from the new manager bounce that looked to have saved you again this season.

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    Your club’s summer transfer policy really hurt you bad , not replacing Sigurdsson and Levente before they left and then the hope from the new manager bounce that looked to have saved you again this season.
    Sanches was a big failure, Bony was well past his best and in January the signing of Andrew Ayew failed. I knew when they signed Andy King that they were in deep trouble! Clucas was ok.

In fairness, the Swansea story was a good one. From the trap door to the Premier League in 10/11 years? All the while, not breaking the bank to get there.

I thought that there was an element of "The Emperor's new Clothes" about your style of play - I saw it as being negative "If we have the ball, they can't score".

If I was a Swansea fan, though, I would be deeply concerned. The club have an expensive bunch of wasters on the books now (what happened to financial frugality?), they have a failed roofer buying players, and they will be on yet another new manager in August. Most likely Leon Britton - and he would be mad to take it because he will be telling players he's played with they are out.

Whilst I think that some fans are jumping the gun by saying you are the next Sunderland, it wouldn't surprise me if they are right. I can't see Swansea heading back to the Premier League anytime soon. Have they sold many season tickets for next season?

Had a bit of banter with some Bluebirds in Swansea today. Like the guys on this forum, top blokes. I will miss the chance of a south Wales derby but I see the prospect of one with Newport more likely than one with you.

Sanches was a big failure, Bony was well past his best and in January the signing of Andrew Ayew failed. I knew when they signed Andy King that they were in deep trouble! Clucas was ok.
    Andy King was absolutely useless yesterday - did nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    In fairness, the Swansea story was a good one. From the trap door to the Premier League in 10/11 years? All the while, not breaking the bank to get there.

I thought that there was an element of "The Emperor's new Clothes" about your style of play - I saw it as being negative "If we have the ball, they can't score".

If I was a Swansea fan, though, I would be deeply concerned. The club have an expensive bunch of wasters on the books now (what happened to financial frugality?), they have a failed roofer buying players, and they will be on yet another new manager in August. Most likely Leon Britton - and he would be mad to take it because he will be telling players he's played with they are out.

Whilst I think that some fans are jumping the gun by saying you are the next Sunderland, it wouldn't surprise me if they are right. I can't see Swansea heading back to the Premier League anytime soon. Have they sold many season tickets for next season?
    I think the season ticket count is the same as it was last year.

I hope the likes of Morgan, Jenkins ETC have OUR money in a high interest account, because they may have to finance "From A Jack To A King II".

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Andy King was absolutely useless yesterday - did nothing.
    A Championship player. When he played for Wales v Georgia in Cardiff he was hopelessly outclassed.

Pedantically, they've not invested. Shares they bought were private sales so they've put the square root of f*ck all into the club.

Weren’t they going to purchase the stadium and then expand a couple of stands to increase the capacity?
    Surely that will be put on hold now ? After all who expands rtheir stadium when relegated ?

Zz you are a proper fan and i will never forget your name change from what it was before it meant a lot at the time.
    I cant say im sad you went down but perhaps you can get your club back now.
    I know our relegation was instrumental in our return to blue.

Blue in the Face

I got hammered on this forum when I said Sanches would be a flop. Feel like they pinned their hopes on him living up to the hype. Had the Swans had one quality creative centre mid, I feel their season would have been quite different.

Yet the whole aim of your club (and any other) will be to get back in there.

Football is so weird.

Nice post - I hope your owners see the value in you coming straight back up but it doesn't sound hopeful. IF they do support the manager then you'll at least have an enjoyable season next year in a proper competition, not the charade that is the Premership which masquerades as competition.

Don't worry, proper supporters like you
    Always find something to enjoy in any division.
    All the best.