+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FAO of the City Marketing Department!

FAO of the City Marketing Department!

I really hope our Marketing department are on the ball in the coming weeks. Our club has a fantastic opportunity once and for all to get itself on a stable financial footing as Wales Premier League club on and off the pitch. I have no doubt our club shirts will hit record sales when put on sale as unlike our last stint in the Premier they will be blue this time around. I hope we attract a multi million pound sponsor for the front, probably a foreign gambling company as they are very much in vogue these days. We could really cash in by having 2 sponsors if this was the case by producing a different sponsor like Admiral or Visit Wales (welsh tourist board) for all child size shirts. The Premier League attracts a global audience and what company wouldn't want the opportunity of reaching such a global market. Now is the time City!

Re: FAO of the City Marketing Department!

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    I really hope our Marketing department are on the ball in the coming weeks. Our club has a fantastic opportunity once and for all to get itself on a stable financial footing as Wales Premier League club on and off the pitch. I have no doubt our club shirts will hit record sales when put on sale as unlike our last stint in the Premier they will be blue this time around. I hope we attract a multi million pound sponsor for the front, probably a foreign gambling company as they are very much in vogue these days. We could really cash in by having 2 sponsors if this was the case by producing a different sponsor like Admiral or Visit Wales (welsh tourist board) for all child size shirts. The Premier League attracts a global audience and what company wouldn't want the opportunity of reaching such a global market. Now is the time City!
    Sleeve sponsor in Premier League too.

Cant we get the upper Ninian seats sponsored in blue, get rid of those hideous red & white Ayatollahs'.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Cant we get the upper Ninian seats sponsored in blue, get rid of those hideous red & white Ayatollahs'.
    Unlikely to see the seats next season.

If I correctly remember one of the interviews with Vincent Tan after Sunday's match, he said a Malaysian royal minister had retrospectively paid for the Visit Malaysia shirt logo over the past 3 years (I think he said or implied a total of £3m), but that the club would be renegotiating a future sponsorship package based on the Premier League profile.

Seeing as the photoshoot for next season't kit is done, surely the shirt sponsor is set in stone.

Naming rights for the stadium.

Qatar Airlines anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by BR1 Bluebird View Post
    Seeing as the photoshoot for next season't kit is done, surely the shirt sponsor is set in stone.
    Perhaps it was minus the sponsors logo and premiership logo as it was done prior to us achieving promotion? Now that the objective has been achieved they can set about sealing the deal.

Perhaps it was minus the sponsors logo and premiership logo as it was done prior to us achieving promotion? Now that the objective has been achieved they can set about sealing the deal.
    My guess is that with shirt sponsorship deals they're done before the season ends.

Company X makes an approach saying 'We'll pay £xm if you're promoted'.

I would imagine that Visit Malaysia will be on the shirt even if the fee goes up.

Sleeve sponsor in Premier League too.
    I hope we get something more ridiculous than Angry Birds.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I hope we get something more ridiculous than Angry Birds.
    Surely Tinder is more ridiculous?

Purely on face value, the words "angry birds" are far more ridiculous than the word "tinder".

Purely on face value, the words "angry birds" are far more ridiculous than the word "tinder".
    However, 'angry bluebirds' works for me!!

This whole silly sleeve sponsorship malarkey must be working after all!

I would like an A3 sized photo of the team with the R/U trophy available for framing and/or collection.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Naming rights for the stadium.

Qatar Airlines anyone?
    Oi

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...dium&p=4878870

Didn't come on here yesterday so missed that. I promise I didn't copy.

The club hasn't even registered the existing badge as a trade mark yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    The club hasn't even registered the existing badge as a trade mark yet.
    Probably know that no one wants to copy it while that red ferret is on there.

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    I seem to remember that Brentford had the name of some airline on the roof of one of their stands a few years ago, it was clearly visible as the planes came in to land at Heathrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatty Foggon View Post
    I would like an A3 sized photo of the team with the R/U trophy available for framing and/or collection.
    Orders aren't placed in here fella

Grinder?

However, 'angry bluebirds' works for me!!
    and me

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Didn't come on here yesterday so missed that. I promise I didn't copy.

I think it’s such an obvious move for City to make as Barcelona are trying to stick them up for more money and ASRoma have just done a multi million deal with them but they don’t seem to sponsor a Premiership team

They should definitely approach Qatar Airways now that they are operating from Cardiff Airport?