+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Good article on Cardiff City's finances

Good article on Cardiff City's finances

Look as if the Board and VT have been looking after the Club as well as could be hoped

https://footballeconomyv2.blogspot.c...-166m-for.html

Re: Good article on Cardiff City's finances

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Look as if the Board and VT have been looking after the Club as well as could be hoped

Cardiff City spent £6m on players in 16/17, in the lower half of the Championship. They were significantly outspent by Aston Villa £88m, Wolves £32m and Fulham £24m.

Incredible to think we bloodied Villa’s nose after all they spent. They will be well pissed off if they don’t make it through the play offs.

Swiss Ramble does very good football finance articles.

Thanks for posting that from a good site that certainly seems to know it's stuff - as they say, a very timely promotion!

Incredible to think that the 14/15 side (a candidate for the most boring City team I've seen) were the seventh highest paid in the history of the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Thanks for posting that from a good site that certainly seems to know it's stuff - as they say, a very timely promotion!

Incredible to think that the 14/15 side (a candidate for the most boring City team I've seen) were the seventh highest paid in the history of the Championship.
    Thanks ole!

Had he stayed as manager I think he’d have taken us straight down. Awful awful manager. Be interesting to see Sunderland’s figures for next season.

I don't think I'd quite grasped the massive drop in annual revenue in % terms we were just about to experience. Timely indeed...

I don't think I'd quite grasped the massive drop in annual revenue in % terms we were just about to experience. Timely indeed...
    It's something I've thought about all year. Of all the seasons to go up, THIS was the one.

Thanks for posting this. Yes, timing is everything!

Can't do a link but on Bristol'Street OTIB site one of their posters has put up Swiss Ramble's report and is interpreting it differently, suggesting we may even fall foul of FFP. I thought we were bang on with regards this?

Lost of info posted about our finances here: https://twitter.com/SwissRamble

Including a suggestion we may not comply with FFP this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Lost of info posted about our finances here: https://twitter.com/SwissRamble

Including a suggestion we may not comply with FFP this season.
    Some really good stuff in there , but a couple of points I disagree with (or more accurately have a different opinion on) regarding the chances of the club complying with the FFP Profitability and Sustainability limits.

1. I don`t think the losses for 2017/18 will be as high as his estimate of £31m which is based on 2016/17 reported losses of £21m plus a £10m promotion bonus to be paid to the squad.
    On the negative side , we won`t have made a £5.5m profit on sale of players that we did in 2016/17.
    On the positive side , we won`t have written off/depreciated the playing squad as much as the £6.7m we did in 2016/17 (the whole squad was only valued at £3.4m as at 31 May 2017).
    As another positive , the wage bill will have been significantly further reduced in the season just ended.

2. Swiss Ramble estimates allowable costs which don`t count towards the average allowed losses of £13m a season at £4m a year. I believe them to be much higher. In 2016/17 alone the allowable cost of loan discounting on the loans of Vincent Tan was £5.8m.On top of that allowable costs re academy, community etc. have to taken into account.

I may well be wrong (it won`t be the first time!) but I believe that CCFC will e FFP/P&S compliant for the three years ending 31 May 2018.

In the Premier League the allowable annual loss goes up from an average of £13m to £35m. If the club can`t keep within those limits with an income that will be around £120m or more , then someone in charge will need shooting!

Im sure once you are in the premier league the EFL cant sanction you or punish you until you get relegated back into the EFL as the Premier League refuse to co-operate with the EFL in terms of sanctioning penalties. I think there's 1 or 2 clubs currently in the prem who will be transfer embargoed when they eventually get relegated as they breached FFP.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Sugar Mulberry View Post
    Can't do a link but on Bristol'Street OTIB site one of their posters has put up Swiss Ramble's report and is interpreting it differently, suggesting we may even fall foul of FFP. I thought we were bang on with regards this?
    https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/to...ff-ffp-breach/

Jesus, did Reading get their finance from Wonga.com?

And yet his apologists would have you believe that Slade worked a miracle on a Burton style budget

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    And yet his apologists would have you believe that Slade worked a miracle on a Burton style budget
    Inherited a large squad from Ole along with numerous high salary players...

His task was to work on the squad without spending major money, without paying massive wages along with shipping those on big money out whilst keeping us in the division.

Which is what he did.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Inherited a large squad from Ole along with numerous high salary players...

His task was to work on the squad without spending major money, without paying massive wages along with shipping those on big money out whilst keeping us in the division.

Which is what he did.
    He did not control any money and had obviously had a charisma bypass

Does this mean we wont be promoted and Bristol City will be ?

No, No , dont be stupid.