+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 26,632 was our lowest attendance last time we were in premier league

26,632 was our lowest attendance last time we were in premier league

V West Brom. Be interesting to see how we do next year.

Re: 26,632 was our lowest attendance last time we were in premier league

Judging by the season ticket sales I'd be very surprised if we don't beat that in ST holders and away supporters alone each match

I agree. I think we will average over 30k this time also.

I'd be shocked if we had an attendance lower than 30k next season.

maybe possible against someone like bournemouth, who wont sell out the away allocation

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Judging by the season ticket sales I'd be very surprised if we don't beat that in ST holders and away supporters alone each match
    There's an outside chance we could be in top 10 of attendances in Premier League next season. Realistically no lower than 14th. Would make us the 16th best supported sports team in the UK. That's not too shabby.

I reckon there are less than 750 seats for sale in the main bowl now. Assuming a maximum crowd with segregation of around 27,800 in the main bowl only then this implies 25 - 27k each week assuming on away fan numbers before walk-up. I reckon we've sold another 600 or so in the Upper Ninian as well, so I'd be very surprised if we AVERAGED less than 29 - 30k next year.

Quote Originally Posted by BR1 Bluebird View Post
    There's an outside chance we could be in top 10 of attendances in Premier League next season. Realistically no lower than 14th. Would make us the 16th best supported sports team in the UK. That's not too shabby.
    Dont some of the English rugby sides get some big crowds these days? Or is that just one off events?

But where were they all against Aldershot on a wet Tuesday night in 1996?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    But where were they all against Aldershot on a wet Tuesday night in 1996?
    We haven't played Aldershot since I think 1993 – and it was a Friday night!

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Dont some of the English rugby sides get some big crowds these days? Or is that just one off events?
    Only 3 rugby teams in Europe average more than 20,000 per game – and even then that might take into account one-offs at Twickenham etc.
    Leicester and Harlequins top English sides with about 23k and 21k respectively.

We haven't played Aldershot since I think 1993 – and it was a Friday night!
    We won but the points didn’t count. Was it their very last game or last away game maybe?

Only 3 rugby teams in Europe average more than 20,000 per game – and even then that might take into account one-offs at Twickenham etc.
    Leicester and Harlequins top English sides with about 23k and 21k respectively.
    Quins play at The Stoop for most games, which holds 15k. Special one offs at Twickenham boost it. Leicester and Bath are well backed. I think we'll be about 10th in terms of attendances, which will be great!

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    We won but the points didn’t count. Was it their very last game or last away game maybe?
    It was their last ever game, they were wound up before the game kicked off!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    It was their last ever game, they were wound up before the game kicked off!
    I think we were collecting for them before the game. They did a lap of honour and applauded all the City fans. There was a big thing on Saint and Greavsie the next day too.

EDIT: I had said 1993 but it was actually 1992.

Last time in Premier League despite being bottom, our average attendance was 13th best in league,this time hopefully we will be in top 10 position in league and attendance and certainly top 30k average.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoose View Post
    I'd be shocked if we had an attendance lower than 30k next season.

maybe possible against someone like bournemouth, who wont sell out the away allocation
    Dependent on the day and time it's not a bad trip for them is it..

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Last time in Premier League despite being bottom, our average attendance was 13th best in league,this time hopefully we will be in top 10 position in league and attendance and certainly top 30k average.
    The way Warnock has transformed everything around the club I strongly believe we will have good home and away following.

Gonna do as many as financially possible away next year (as many that fall on weekends anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Fantastic stuff.

Fantastic stuff.
    And utterly fascinating

I reckon the main bowl will sell out within the next week or so looking at how quickly they are currently going. Depending on how long they keep the ST on sale I think there's a strong possibility that the Upper Ninian will then sell out of all the tickets they've put on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    And utterly fascinating
    Well we’ve had endless threads on here about our ‘poor’ crowds with the same people suggesting it’s for one reason or another- I think we’ve found the definitive answer now. Doubt there will be many/any long threads on our attendances next season....

Well we’ve had endless threads on here about our ‘poor’ crowds with the same people suggesting it’s for one reason or another- I think we’ve found the definitive answer now. Doubt there will be many/any long threads on our attendances next season....
    With season ticket sales always included in the announced attendance, we shouldn't have many debates about poor official crowds, but very big crowds for three league matches (Leeds, Wolves and Reading) and when Man City came to town does not mean the awful ground less than half full announced attendances we had for some matches didn't happen. For the large majority of home games this season, the announced crowd was some way below the sort of crowds we've got in the seasons where we've put in a serious challenge for the top flight in the time I've been supporting the club and, if Cardiff fans stay true to tradition, the actual number of people in the ground for games next season will fluctuate quite a lot depending on who we are playing.