+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Senior UK judge says carrying mobile phones could be made compulsory

Senior UK judge says carrying mobile phones could be made compulsory

So that we can all be tracked and become safer. Oh, and to help tackle crime.

Carrying a mobile phone could be made COMPULSORY in a bid to cut crime, a senior judge predicts: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...cut-crime.html

Re: Senior UK judge says carrying mobile phones could be made compulsory

Why not? Nothing to hide, nothing to fear.

Well said. I don't want to hump a mobile phone around. Some weigh 200 grams. Why can't they implant a tracking device upon our person? I'd like one just above the nose between the eyes.

I work with a chap who is over 40, doesn't and never has had a mobile phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    I work with a chap who is over 40, doesn't and never has had a mobile phone.
    He should be locked up, he's obviously up to no good.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Well said. I don't want to hump a mobile phone around. Some weigh 200 grams. Why can't they implant a tracking device upon our person? I'd like one just above the nose between the eyes.
    Here is the extract from the speech rather than the Daily Mail headline for reference.

Despite this, I think there will be far fewer contested criminal cases in the future, mainly because of the surveillance of which I have already spoken. We have recently seen the impact that digital disclosure of mobile phone records has had on rape prosecutions. One change in behaviour is already having a big impact on the eradication of contested criminal cases. Most people carry their smartphones on their person at all times with their GPS location switched on. They do this voluntarily, but if the legislators were, for example, to require citizens to carry phones at all time, it would be even more difficult to avoid detection. With or without such a rule, as the location of all persons is continuously uploaded to the cloud, there will anyway be far fewer identity issues in criminal cases. As society seems to accept more and more surveillance, I wonder how radical the change I have mentioned will seem to the population in 10, 15 or 20 years’ time.

Blog Entries

Carrying a mobile phone could be made COMPULSORY in a bid to cut crime, a senior judge predicts: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...cut-crime.html
    You could be fooled in to thinking they already are compulsory in some places.

A lot of people who walk round the streets bumping into others whilst gossiping away on their mobile phones are ***** and need a bloody good leathering

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Here is the extract from the speech rather than the Daily Mail headline for reference.

Despite this, I think there will be far fewer contested criminal cases in the future, mainly because of the surveillance of which I have already spoken. We have recently seen the impact that digital disclosure of mobile phone records has had on rape prosecutions. One change in behaviour is already having a big impact on the eradication of contested criminal cases. Most people carry their smartphones on their person at all times with their GPS location switched on. They do this voluntarily, but if the legislators were, for example, to require citizens to carry phones at all time, it would be even more difficult to avoid detection. With or without such a rule, as the location of all persons is continuously uploaded to the cloud, there will anyway be far fewer identity issues in criminal cases. As society seems to accept more and more surveillance, I wonder how radical the change I have mentioned will seem to the population in 10, 15 or 20 years’ time.
    Got to love the Mail and it’s Faux outrage when they completely misquoted 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    He should be locked up, he's obviously up to no good.
    A bit of riffage for you, he's just come off stage in Marseille

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    A bit of riffage for you, he's just come off stage in Marseille
    Lovely stuff , remind me of a cross between Joe satriani and kings X

Can't allow that. There's enough wrath hurled at those who are out of work who can afford to have a mobile phone as it is.

Should be part of a pre school toolkit issue , along with tasers.