+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Senior UK judge says carrying mobile phones could be made compulsory

  1. #1

    Senior UK judge says carrying mobile phones could be made compulsory

    So that we can all be tracked and become safer. Oh, and to help tackle crime.

    Carrying a mobile phone could be made COMPULSORY in a bid to cut crime, a senior judge predicts: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...cut-crime.html

  2. #2

    Re: Senior UK judge says carrying mobile phones could be made compulsory

    Why not? Nothing to hide, nothing to fear.

  3. #3

    Re: Senior UK judge says carrying mobile phones could be made compulsory

    Well said. I don't want to hump a mobile phone around. Some weigh 200 grams. Why can't they implant a tracking device upon our person? I'd like one just above the nose between the eyes.

  4. #4

    Re: Senior UK judge says carrying mobile phones could be made compulsory

    I work with a chap who is over 40, doesn't and never has had a mobile phone.

  5. #5

    Re: Senior UK judge says carrying mobile phones could be made compulsory

    Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    I work with a chap who is over 40, doesn't and never has had a mobile phone.
    He should be locked up, he's obviously up to no good.

  6. #6

    Re: Senior UK judge says carrying mobile phones could be made compulsory

    Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Well said. I don't want to hump a mobile phone around. Some weigh 200 grams. Why can't they implant a tracking device upon our person? I'd like one just above the nose between the eyes.
    Here is the extract from the speech rather than the Daily Mail headline for reference.

    Despite this, I think there will be far fewer contested criminal cases in the future, mainly because of the surveillance of which I have already spoken. We have recently seen the impact that digital disclosure of mobile phone records has had on rape prosecutions. One change in behaviour is already having a big impact on the eradication of contested criminal cases. Most people carry their smartphones on their person at all times with their GPS location switched on. They do this voluntarily, but if the legislators were, for example, to require citizens to carry phones at all time, it would be even more difficult to avoid detection. With or without such a rule, as the location of all persons is continuously uploaded to the cloud, there will anyway be far fewer identity issues in criminal cases. As society seems to accept more and more surveillance, I wonder how radical the change I have mentioned will seem to the population in 10, 15 or 20 years’ time.

  7. #7
    International Mrs Steve R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Barry
    Posts
    28,827
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Senior UK judge says carrying mobile phones could be made compulsory

    Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    So that we can all be tracked and become safer. Oh, and to help tackle crime.

    Carrying a mobile phone could be made COMPULSORY in a bid to cut crime, a senior judge predicts: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...cut-crime.html
    You could be fooled in to thinking they already are compulsory in some places.

  8. #8

    Re: Senior UK judge says carrying mobile phones could be made compulsory

    A lot of people who walk round the streets bumping into others whilst gossiping away on their mobile phones are ***** and need a bloody good leathering

  9. #9

    Re: Senior UK judge says carrying mobile phones could be made compulsory

    Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Here is the extract from the speech rather than the Daily Mail headline for reference.

    Despite this, I think there will be far fewer contested criminal cases in the future, mainly because of the surveillance of which I have already spoken. We have recently seen the impact that digital disclosure of mobile phone records has had on rape prosecutions. One change in behaviour is already having a big impact on the eradication of contested criminal cases. Most people carry their smartphones on their person at all times with their GPS location switched on. They do this voluntarily, but if the legislators were, for example, to require citizens to carry phones at all time, it would be even more difficult to avoid detection. With or without such a rule, as the location of all persons is continuously uploaded to the cloud, there will anyway be far fewer identity issues in criminal cases. As society seems to accept more and more surveillance, I wonder how radical the change I have mentioned will seem to the population in 10, 15 or 20 years’ time.
    Got to love the Mail and it’s Faux outrage when they completely misquoted 😂

  10. #10

    Re: Senior UK judge says carrying mobile phones could be made compulsory

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    He should be locked up, he's obviously up to no good.
    A bit of riffage for you, he's just come off stage in Marseille

  11. #11

    Re: Senior UK judge says carrying mobile phones could be made compulsory

    Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    A bit of riffage for you, he's just come off stage in Marseille
    Lovely stuff , remind me of a cross between Joe satriani and kings X

  12. #12

    Re: Senior UK judge says carrying mobile phones could be made compulsory

    Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    So that we can all be tracked and become safer. Oh, and to help tackle crime.

    Carrying a mobile phone could be made COMPULSORY in a bid to cut crime, a senior judge predicts: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...cut-crime.html
    Can't allow that. There's enough wrath hurled at those who are out of work who can afford to have a mobile phone as it is.

  13. #13

    Re: Senior UK judge says carrying mobile phones could be made compulsory

    Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    So that we can all be tracked and become safer. Oh, and to help tackle crime.

    Carrying a mobile phone could be made COMPULSORY in a bid to cut crime, a senior judge predicts: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...cut-crime.html
    Should be part of a pre school toolkit issue , along with tasers.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •