+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upper Ninian going to make a big stride towards

Upper Ninian going to make a big stride towards

Paying for itself in the next few months, 5000 season tickets at an average of £500 = £2.5m

Anyone know the NET cost ? About £10m I think.

We had a few games this season where we used it, full for Man City and Reading, part used for Leeds and a few in previous years, plus Wales games and the Supercup, bear in mind the grant and long term it could be a good investment.

Certainly means we are ready equipped for the Prem and have the opportunity to take full advantage- unlike a few other clubs who waited and waited until they were sure of staying up ( which is near impossible outside of the top 6/7).

I wonder if the middle section is now going to be fitted out for corporates as per the original plan ?
    If so - and if it sells out that's going to be something like 800-1000 x £800-£1000 each I guess

Re: Upper Ninian going to make a big stride towards

Great to see it full Tim. I think the stand makes the stadium look awesome when it is full. One of the best visuals in the championship when on TV.
    Spedger

Makes Bournemouths stadium look Mickey Mouse anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Paying for itself in the next few months, 5000 season tickets at an average of £500 = £2.5m

Anyone know the NET cost ? About £10m I think.

We had a few games this season where we used it, full for Man City and Reading, part used for Leeds and a few in previous years, plus Wales games and the Supercup, bear in mind the grant and long term it could be a good investment.

Certainly means we are ready equipped for the Prem and have the opportunity to take full advantage- unlike a few other clubs who waited and waited until they were sure of staying up ( which is near impossible outside of the top 6/7).

I wonder if the middle section is now going to be fitted out for corporates as per the original plan ?
    If so - and if it sells out that's going to be something like 800-1000 x £800-£1000 each I guess
    Maybe less than £10m and only a very small part of a £190 million debt. Arguably along with the rest of the ground the most tangible part of the debt.

Re the Wales matches and Super Cup it is almost certain that they would not have played at the stadium had the tier not been added and therefore the revenue they delivered must be the whole ground not just the tier.

Indeed, we are now in good shape stadium wise to capatalisecon next season.

Before any further expansion potential fans need to show that a bigger stadium is required. If not full then why expand any more.
    Of course the alternative less welcome option is to raise more income via higher prices.

As has been said the sensible option is to build on the corporate opportunities and leave the rest of us to enjoy what most of us already enjoy.

Christ we don't need to expand any more , 32000 capacity will do us till most of us are dead

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Great to see it full Tim. I think the stand makes the stadium look awesome when it is full. One of the best visuals in the championship when on TV.
    Spedger
    Yes, when full it certainly adds to the spectacle, especially with the blue sky last weekend

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Christ we don't need to expand any more , 32000 capacity will do us till most of us are dead
    Don't think that's even on the cards Sludge.

Although the plan was to do the ends as well, it would need many years of success to justify it and the first task is to stay up 1 season more than last time !

I still think it was a bit foolish adding an extra tier when we'd only been filling our ground for a matter of months but we'll benefit from the extra capacity now. Hopefully we wont do anything stupid this time and try to grow the club too quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Don't think that's even on the cards Sludge.

Although the plan was to do the ends as well, it would need many years of success to justify it and the first task is to stay up 1 season more than last time !

If they did the 2 ends as well that would take it to about 38k?

Like you said no rush for it but if we are averaging 30k plus and wales games are still selling out then it’s certainly an option.

Even they weee just extra family areas with the family stand completely sold out already- would be a shame to turn new families away for too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post

Like you said no rush for it but if we are averaging 30k plus and wales games are still selling out then it’s certainly an option.

Even they weee just extra family areas with the family stand completely sold out already- would be a shame to turn new families away for too long.
    I think doing both ends would comfortably add another 10k as you'd also include the curves too. A ground holding over 40k is probably too big for us in the short term but could be justified if it provided the capacity Wales might need and if we could get a grant towards the new builds again.

If Lawnmowers figures are right then it wouldn't take too much time for the costs to be recouped and it would make us a much more attractive proposition for other potential investors.

I'm still not sure I'd want to see it done though in terms of empty seats for most games - unless they kept prices at current levels...

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post

The only reason we can sell so many season tickets is because the ground will be full.

If there are always seats available people will pick and choose their games (and obviously when we are crap the ground will be empty) 32-35k is perfect for City in the prem.

It is enough that it's a decent sized crowd, but not so much that there is no urgency for tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Cozoni Wam View Post
    I still think it was a bit foolish adding an extra tier when we'd only been filling our ground for a matter of months but we'll benefit from the extra capacity now. Hopefully we wont do anything stupid this time and try to grow the club too quickly.
    Exactly right.

All we need is blue seats at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    For sure. Are there executive boxes somewhere in the new stand? They could be filled in the money league I guess

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Makes Bournemouths stadium look Mickey Mouse anyway.
    So do a few league one clubs to be fair

Was done for the super cup wasn't it...

International

I read somewhere that the corporate boxes are being fitted out but I can't remember where.

[QUOTE=Father Dougal;4879606]If they did the 2 ends as well that would take it to about 38k?

I'm sure if that kent Giggs gets his way, we'll end up playing all our matches at the Mill Stad, and no more Wales games at our wonderful compact stadium

There will still be plenty of empty seats at some games in the ground [especially no doubt the Family Stand with parents not taking their youngsters to all games which won't be a big deal to them as they only paid a few quid for it] eg Bournemouth, Burnley, Watford etc.

It'll be full for the top 6 team games of course

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Was done for the super cup wasn't it...
    I'd be amazed if that was the reason. Besides, UEFA usually play the Super Cup at smaller stadiums (the CCS was more than big enough already before the expansion).

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post

I'm sure if that kent Giggs gets his way, we'll end up playing all our matches at the Mill Stad, and no more Wales games at our wonderful compact stadium
    Dont be silly, we will play 1 game a year there top's. The CCS will continue to be used for the majority of our matches and rightly so.

Quote Originally Posted by Cretin Hop View Post
    There will still be plenty of empty seats at some games in the ground [especially no doubt the Family Stand with parents not taking their youngsters to all games which won't be a big deal to them as they only paid a few quid for it] eg Bournemouth, Burnley, Watford etc.

It'll be full for the top 6 team games of course
    The mix of fixtures will see me waste a few of my daughter's tickets as I have her at weekends. Doubt I'll see many if any weekend games with her as it's an earache to get her back home a respectable time for school the following day..

I'd be amazed if that was the reason. Besides, UEFA usually play the Super Cup at smaller stadiums (the CCS was more than big enough already before the expansion).

Dont be silly, we will play 1 game a year there top's. The CCS will continue to be used for the majority of our matches and rightly so.
    I'm not a man sitting on facts or sources just something I remember reading before it was done. Yeah they used to play it at Monaco's stadium.

Maybe UEFA gave us a little bit of money as an incentive to get it finished in time for the Super Cup? Regardless, I'm pretty sure it's something we were going to do anyway. After all, a ground expansion was promised as early as 2012 when the club was rebranded.

Will the profits cover the paint job from red to mauve and yellow ?

To make some extra dosh i'd give fans the option of paying an extra twenty bucks , and they could self decorate their own seats