+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upper Ninian going to make a big stride towards

Re: Upper Ninian going to make a big stride towards

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Christ we don't need to expand any more , 32000 capacity will do us till most of us are dead
    I disagree, if we sell out of ST's ( which is likely ) then that shows we need more seats

Now i know our time in the Prem could be shortlived, but it might not be

Build it and they will come ( for the big games anyway )

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I disagree, if we sell out of ST's ( which is likely ) then that shows we need more seats

Now i know our time in the Prem could be shortlived, but it might not be

Build it and they will come ( for the big games anyway )
    We could probably sell 50,000 tickets for some matches this season. Its irrelevent. You don't make your ground bigger until you have been selling out consistently for a number of seasons and have a long waiting list for season tickets. If we go down next season we will keep very few, if any, of the extra fans we get and once again our current ground will be too big for us.

We need to pace ourselves here. Look at Leicester. They won the league a few years ago. They should be playing in a 40,000 seater stadium by now. But they are not. Why? Because they are still only ever one bad season away from getting relegated and they will not even fill their current ground in the championship. It must be driving them up the wall.

Maybe we can fill in a few of the corners, get the capacity up to 35000 say. But extra tiers and shit like that. Not yet. Maybe not ever unless the premier league becomes less of a closed shop at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Paying for itself in the next few months, 5000 season tickets at an average of £500 = £2.5m

Anyone know the NET cost ? About £10m I think.

We had a few games this season where we used it, full for Man City and Reading, part used for Leeds and a few in previous years, plus Wales games and the Supercup, bear in mind the grant and long term it could be a good investment.

Certainly means we are ready equipped for the Prem and have the opportunity to take full advantage- unlike a few other clubs who waited and waited until they were sure of staying up ( which is near impossible outside of the top 6/7).

I wonder if the middle section is now going to be fitted out for corporates as per the original plan ?
    If so - and if it sells out that's going to be something like 800-1000 x £800-£1000 each I guess
    I sat there on Sunday and the view is superb.

Quote Originally Posted by Cretin Hop View Post
    There will still be plenty of empty seats at some games in the ground [especially no doubt the Family Stand with parents not taking their youngsters to all games which won't be a big deal to them as they only paid a few quid for it] eg Bournemouth, Burnley, Watford etc.

It'll be full for the top 6 team games of course
    The ground was effectively full for every game in the Premier League in 2013/14 (average home gate 27430) including against the so called smaller clubs. Attendances only varied slightly from game to game dependant on the number of away fans. The bigger clubs sold out but some smaller ones didnt. Therefore, there is no reason to believe that the same wont happen again, especially bearing in mind season ticket sales so far. Why therefore you should assert that 'there will be plenty of empty seats at some games' I dont understand. We are back in blue and pulling right behind the club, which wasnt the case in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    The ground was effectively full for every game in the Premier League in 2013/14 (average home gate 27430) including against the so called smaller clubs. Attendances only varied slightly from game to game dependant on the number of away fans. The bigger clubs sold out but some smaller ones didnt. Therefore, there is no reason to believe that the same wont happen again, especially bearing in mind season ticket sales so far. Why therefore you should assert that 'there will be plenty of empty seats at some games' I dont understand. We are back in blue and pulling right behind the club, which wasnt the case in 2013.
    Empty seats are inevitable as a fair amount of season tickets holders wont be able to make it to every game for what ever reason. They will still be counted though so it won't affect the official attendance. Its not something we should beat ourselves up over as it happens just about everywhere else, not least at the 'Emptyhad'.

Quote Originally Posted by Cozoni Wam View Post
    Empty seats are inevitable as a fair amount of season tickets holders wont be able to make it to every game for what ever reason. They will still be counted though so it won't affect the official attendance. Its not something we should beat ourselves up over as it happens just about everywhere else, not least at the 'Emptyhad'.
    I agree that some season ticket holders wont be able to go to every match but how do you know that they count season ticket holders seats even if they arent used ?. Everything is computerised at the turnstiles now, so they can easily count the number of people going into the ground for a match. Season tickets are also transferable and usable by other people now, so if someone isnt going, the seat can still be used by a friend or relative. Also if seaon ticket holders let the club know they are not going, the club can resell the seat to someone else for that particular match. Really therefore there is no reason why there should be empty seats next year and I dont remember seeing many last time around.

Just occurred to me that there will be points next season where our crowd is double that of Swansea, just like the old days.

I agree that some season ticket holders wont be able to go to every match but how do you know that they count season ticket holders seats even if they arent used ?. Everything is computerised at the turnstiles now, so they can easily count the number of people going into the ground for a match. Season tickets are also transferable and usable by other people now, so if someone isnt going, the seat can still be used by a friend or relative. Also if seaon ticket holders let the club know they are not going, the club can resell the seat to someone else for that particular match. Really therefore there is no reason why there should be empty seats next year and I dont remember seeing many last time around.
    Yeah its just something that happens at most sports grounds these days, not just here but in most western countries. I guess it makes your attendance figures look a bit better doesnt it. Obviously the police will have to know exactly how many people will be in the ground but its usually the 'sold through' figure thats announced to the public (season ticket holders+match day sales+away fans).

It's something of a running joke over in the US because they play alot of matches in some sports over there (100+) and there may only be I dont know 16000 in the ground for some games and then they'll announce the attendance as 38000 or something!

I think the 'official' attendance has to include all tickets sold for that match regardless of actual attendance. I believe this to be the rule in the Premiership at least

Quote Originally Posted by BR1 Bluebird View Post
    Just occurred to me that there will be points next season where our crowd is double that of Swansea, just like the old days.
    Could be three times....

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Will the profits cover the paint job from red to mauve and yellow ?

To make some extra dosh i'd give fans the option of paying an extra twenty bucks , and they could self decorate their own seats
    What colour do the seats look like when someone is sitting on them?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Last match of the season mine was brown

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Last match of the season mine was brown
    Have a word with your fashion co-ordinator

Brown trousers is a shit look ..

Bloody good question .

I don't actually know as they are above and behind me .

I suppose a kaleidoscope of colour and shape from one game to the next ,blending into the mass of city fans that will grace them.

From the grandstand you couldn’t see a single bit of red on Sunday.

I really think we need to change then to blue. Would t cost a lot in the grand scheme of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Cozoni Wam View Post
    Yeah its just something that happens at most sports grounds these days, not just here but in most western countries. I guess it makes your attendance figures look a bit better doesnt it. Obviously the police will have to know exactly how many people will be in the ground but its usually the 'sold through' figure thats announced to the public (season ticket holders+match day sales+away fans).

It's something of a running joke over in the US because they play alot of matches in some sports over there (100+) and there may only be I dont know 16000 in the ground for some games and then they'll announce the attendance as 38000 or something!
    Was a running joke at NP as well

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Was a running joke at NP as well
    Was the other way at NP though. Fans on here used to say the crowds announced were too low “I couldn’t see where you would fit another 5k in there” was a classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Was the other way at NP though. Fans on here used to say the crowds announced were too low “I couldn’t see where you would fit another 5k in there” was a classic.
    Used to give me a laugh as a teenager.