+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: 27 % cut in front line policing under the Tories

  1. #1

    27 % cut in front line policing under the Tories

    Violent crime soaring

    Must be Jeremy Corbyns fault

  2. #2

    Re: 27 % cut in front line policing under the Tories

    Iíd love to see what this boardís Tory apologists will say in regards to this.

    Not ****ing rocket science is it ? Cut Cops and Violent crime goes up.

  3. #3

    Re: 27 % cut in front line policing under the Tories

    Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Iíd love to see what this boardís Tory apologists will say in regards to this.

    Not ****ing rocket science is it ? Cut Cops and Violent crime goes up.
    The stress on coppers , paramedics , ambulance staff etc must be immense

    I know a few coppers , they would never vote for this shower in charge , the days of them being Maggie's boot boys are long gone

  4. #4

    Re: 27 % cut in front line policing under the Tories

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The stress on coppers , paramedics , ambulance staff etc must be immense

    I know a few coppers , they would never vote for this shower in charge , the days of them being Maggie's boot boys are long gone
    As Iíve said previously Sludge I was one for 13 years. People donít realise how little of them there are on the streets. For example a few weeks back a shift covering Ely a Canton and riverside had two people all week due to sick, training and leave.

    But as long as the crime stats are manipulated this govt will keep on denying the blindingly obvious.

  5. #5

    Re: 27 % cut in front line policing under the Tories

    The best we can do as individuals to mitigate this is to secure our homes and vehicles for those who have them. Even a dummy burglar alarm is better than nothing as a visual deterrent, ditto for a CCTV camera or two.

  6. #6

    Re: 27 % cut in front line policing under the Tories

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Violent crime soaring

    Must be Jeremy Corbyns fault
    With the vast majority of the increase in violent crime being on the streets of London......

  7. #7

    Re: 27 % cut in front line policing under the Tories

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Violent crime soaring

    Must be Jeremy Corbyns fault
    What’s wrong with you Sludge? Just pay the knew private police force to keep you safe. If you can’t afford it then tough.

    http://metro.co.uk/2018/05/07/privat...ondon-7526863/

    Oh and get your wallet out to pay to see your GP soon.

    https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...ients-12516040

  8. #8

    Re: 27 % cut in front line policing under the Tories

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    With the vast majority of the increase in violent crime being on the streets of London......
    Because the MET have had to cut numbers and there are far less officers since 2010.

    Nice attempt at deflection but itís the Tories whoíve cut the Police Budgets.

  9. #9

    Re: 27 % cut in front line policing under the Tories

    Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    As Iíve said previously Sludge I was one for 13 years. People donít realise how little of them there are on the streets. For example a few weeks back a shift covering Ely a Canton and riverside had two people all week due to sick, training and leave.

    But as long as the crime stats are manipulated this govt will keep on denying the blindingly obvious.
    A mate of mine , a city fan , was often the only copper in a car for Ely over a weekend , he's in traffic now

  10. #10

    Re: 27 % cut in front line policing under the Tories

    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    What’s wrong with you Sludge? Just pay the knew private police force to keep you safe. If you can’t afford it then tough.

    http://metro.co.uk/2018/05/07/privat...ondon-7526863/

    Oh and get your wallet out to pay to see your GP soon.

    https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...ients-12516040
    Croesy will be ok , nobody is going to mess with him

  11. #11

    Re: 27 % cut in front line policing under the Tories

    And its effected our singing opportunties from the 70's.

    Not sure in this modern age more coppers on the beat is the answer, however better funding and clever use of technology , better ,stronger power's for the PCO's would enhance thier abilities, however that won't go down well with the constables.

    Perhaps an extended retirement age past the existing 50 ,would provide retention of numbers .

    Recaclucation of the very good pension benefits and wonderful retirement age at 50, and a reinvestment of those values ,with retirement at 60 would put more value into front line services .


    Idea's from a Labour voter.

  12. #12

    Re: 27 % cut in front line policing under the Tories

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    And its effected our singing opportunties from the 70's.

    Not sure in this modern age more coppers on the beat is the answer, however better funding and clever use of technology , better ,stronger power's for the PCO's would enhance thier abilities, however that won't go down well with the constables.

    Perhaps an extended retirement age past the existing 50 ,would provide retention of numbers .

    Recaclucation of the very good pension benefits and wonderful retirement age at 50, and a reinvestment of those values ,with retirement at 60 would put more value into front line services .


    Idea's from a Labour voter.
    The pensionable age was raised a few years ago under the pensions changes of 2012.

    It means that coppers don't retire at 50. The only coppers who retired at 50íhad been in 30
    years. Thatís a different era altogether.

    Coppers would like more powers for PCSOís what makes you think otherwise? Or is it you want Policng in the cheap.

    Crime costs, by losing Coppers from the front line youíve lost proactive policing which prevents crimes.

  13. #13

    Re: 27 % cut in front line policing under the Tories

    Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    The pensionable age was raised a few years ago under the pensions changes of 2012.

    It means that coppers don't retire at 50. The only coppers who retired at 50’had been in 30
    years. That’s a different era altogether.

    Coppers would like more powers for PCSO’s what makes you think otherwise? Or is it you want Policng in the cheap.

    Crime costs, by losing Coppers from the front line you’ve lost proactive policing which prevents crimes.
    Got in the family got one ex police officer retired at 50 ,two years ago , very nice pension , and now has a second job s doing very well as you can imagine and two PCO's who bless them are on far worse contracts and facing the long haul ,do you think the burden of the those 30 year service ( now retired at 50) is a heavy public purse burden still ,I seem to remember a figure of 2 billion banded about a few years back .

    I think a lot of the problem now is the public pension burdens of the past , not only for the police but public services in general , they do seem much healthy than those in the private sector and generously funded by the taxpayer over the past years ,perhaps its not hurting more now as folk live longer that expected when those calculations were being made or bid for all those years ago ,who knows ?

  14. #14

    Re: 27 % cut in front line policing under the Tories

    Not according to full fact they haven't.
    There are 126,000 police officers , that is the same level as there were in the year 2000. In 2010 there were approx 143,000 police officers. So between 2010 and 2017 there were on average about 2000 per year less, about 2% ish.
    BTW - The % of those working on the 'front line' has risen from 91% to 93% - even though there are less of them physically.

    So yes they have dropped using that particular time frame - broaden it from 2000-2017 and not much has changed.
    My occasional drinking mate down the pub works in central station - he spends most of his shift reacting to incidents picked up by the cctv guys. The Police attitude is for 'smarter' policing rather than having 'bobbies on the beat' , it may make you feel safe but a cctv system can cover a lot more than a bloke walking the street - in their opinion. And it's all recorded.

    Most of the coppers you in town on a weekend are mainly specials dealing drunks and fights.
    police_officers_how_many_are_there__9zgMlGo[1].jpg

  15. #15

    Re: 27 % cut in front line policing under the Tories

    UK population in 2000 = 58.9 million. UK population today = 66.6 million. Same number of coppers to cover a 13% increase in citizens.

  16. #16

    Re: 27 % cut in front line policing under the Tories

    Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    UK population in 2000 = 58.9 million. UK population today = 66.6 million. Same number of coppers to cover a 13% increase in citizens.
    I do think investment is needed but not walking the street or sitting in cars on motorways .

    Invest in better survleance, catch money laundrers through on line investigation, street policing would not have stopped Manchester Arena, but covert mechanism including CCTV and other clever options may do , the world has changed it got smarter so should policing, Dixon's days have long gone ,police need smart tools not more bodies walking the streets .

  17. #17

    Re: 27 % cut in front line policing under the Tories

    Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Not according to full fact they haven't.
    There are 126,000 police officers , that is the same level as there were in the year 2000. In 2010 there were approx 143,000 police officers. So between 2010 and 2017 there were on average about 2000 per year less, about 2% ish.
    BTW - The % of those working on the 'front line' has risen from 91% to 93% - even though there are less of them physically.

    So yes they have dropped using that particular time frame - broaden it from 2000-2017 and not much has changed.
    My occasional drinking mate down the pub works in central station - he spends most of his shift reacting to incidents picked up by the cctv guys. The Police attitude is for 'smarter' policing rather than having 'bobbies on the beat' , it may make you feel safe but a cctv system can cover a lot more than a bloke walking the street - in their opinion. And it's all recorded.

    Most of the coppers you in town on a weekend are mainly specials dealing drunks and fights.
    police_officers_how_many_are_there__9zgMlGo[1].jpg
    Not sure who your mate is or what heís telling you Ninian Clark but Cops want more cops. Thatís me saying that based on my 13 years in the heddlu.

    As for the specials in town on a Saturday thatís not entirely true. Some specials assist on a Friday and Saturday evening but the overwhelming majority of Cops are from other sectors of Cardiff.

    The operation on Friday and Saturday is called After Dark. They take one Copper from each sector ie Cathays Ely Fairwtaer etc so those shifts lose manpower.

    So no most of the coppers arenít specials.

  18. #18

    Re: 27 % cut in front line policing under the Tories

    Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Not sure who your mate is or what he’s telling you Ninian Clark but Cops want more cops. That’s me saying that based on my 13 years in the heddlu.

    As for the specials in town on a Saturday that’s not entirely true. Some specials assist on a Friday and Saturday evening but the overwhelming majority of Cops are from other sectors of Cardiff.

    The operation on Friday and Saturday is called After Dark. They take one Copper from each sector ie Cathays Ely Fairwtaer etc so those shifts lose manpower.

    So no most of the coppers aren’t specials.
    And if there is no need for more police on the beat, how come the rich are paying for the private police force

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •