+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pay on the day , latest

Re: Pay on the day , latest

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    It will be something like that for the first couple of games, but will have to go back to a clean slate at some point to allow others to attend themselves and build up their own credits.
    Anticipated demand might come into play too. Burnley away on a wet Monday in November might be ST holders plus members with no away requirement from this season. Thinking about point scoring in the future, it may be possible to introduce a system that rewards unpopular aways (ie less demand) with more points than a popular away. Is it Wolves that give ST holders 1000 points plus 100 for every away, or something like that. So, 150 points for Burnley, Huddersfield, Newcastle and those attending away games could build up points quickly compared to ST ticket holders who don't go away. If the club digs deep into its customer data, a system that fairly rewards its fan base can be achievable, but probably not in time for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    That's the reality of the situation though. Season Ticket holders mean everything to the club, The person who hardly attends home games doesn't.
    Yes. But do the away ticket sales mean that much to the club either? They make no money from them, so why not set a criteria and reward the fans that go away regularly. There has to be a criteria set next season for away games and it will be based on ST and Gold Membership holders that attended x amount of away games this past season.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    Talking to a bloke this week who's been to one home game in the last ten years, his son openly swears allegiance to fecking Liverpool and has never ever been to watch the city, both of them have bought season tickets for the coming season with the intention of watching the 'big' games only, I'm sorry, but these kents make me sick.
    Last time we were promoted to the greedy league a business colleague of mine asked me to sort out tickets for him and his mate .
    I sorted tickets out close to my own seats for both my mate and his mate .
    As the season progressed we all became good friends , his mate being an avid Cardiff fan I thought ....
    Till the day Liverpool came calling
    As kick off beckoned he unbuttoned his shirt to proudly show me his Liverpool FC top under his shirt .
    i never spoke to him again , he was genuinely a decent bloke but I felt he had betrayed me . Football is a funny game .

Now there are going to be 5 (6 if you count Watford, 7 if Fulham somehow manage it) London aways, I wonder if it's possible to get enough exiles organised for an allocation?

There used to be the 1927 Club, but the guy who ran it is now a Dulwich superfan and hasn't touched city since the rebrand.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Last time we were promoted to the greedy league a business colleague of mine asked me to sort out tickets for him and his mate .
    I sorted tickets out close to my own seats for both my mate and his mate .
    As the season progressed we all became good friends , his mate being an avid Cardiff fan I thought ....
    Till the day Liverpool came calling
    As kick off beckoned he unbuttoned his shirt to proudly show me his Liverpool FC top under his shirt .
    i never spoke to him again , he was genuinely a decent bloke but I felt he had betrayed me . Football is a funny game .
    Why the hell would anyone do that ?

Lots of the lads who I play footy with support the glamour clubs, and I'd say a few would like to get to see their team play in Cardiff. But every one of them would gave the respect not to wear their colours or cheer in the City end.

One mate found it very very uncomfortable even talking about Liverpool v Cardiff last time.

It actually increased my respect for him, he's a great bloke anyway, how he handled it. I would have preferred it if he'd denounced the theiving scouse Tossers, but for many its ingrained in them and a big part of their personality and therefore not so easy.
    But at least they should be respectful enough to realise how offensive it is for those of us who actually follow our home town/ local club and have lived through the genuine pain it has caused us.

Quote Originally Posted by richard. View Post
    Now there are going to be 5 (6 if you count Watford, 7 if Fulham somehow manage it) London aways, I wonder if it's possible to get enough exiles organised for an allocation?

There used to be the 1927 Club, but the guy who ran it is now a Dulwich superfan and hasn't touched city since the rebrand.
    Maybe club together for a few season tickets and share them out ?

A lot of the aways next year aren't going to be THAT popular anyway.

Huddersfield, Burnley, Palace, Brighton, maybe even West Ham... all long trips.
    Newcastle possibly - I reckon we will struggle to sell our 3k up there.
    Boro- if they come up... we only took 300 up there rhys season when we were 2nd, wonder how many will be keen if we are struggling ?

Personally I'm not bothered about Man U and Man City having done them both twice. Everton was crap too. Might do Liverpool for a weekend or to see their new stand..

More looking forward to Spurs new ground and hopefully weekends in Brighton/Bournemouth or Southampton and Newcastle

International

rip the seats out of the canton, put in crush prevention barriers and we'll get another 10,000 in!

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Phoned ticket office today regarding getting a membership to buy tickets on the day , or in advance

Apparently season ticket sales are going so well that the club are trying to reduce the amount they are legally required to release to non season ticket holders

That may mean some of us are going to struggle for tickets but that's life , for the future of the club this is great news

Bluebirds !!
    That is disappointing. South Wales is hardly affluent. You can't blame the club for taking the option of getting people to commit to season tickets - the prices are still good from what I have read here, even with the latest hike. But, the club is going to turn over £100m+ next season even if the stadium was empty. Clubs are legally obliged to keep a percentage of tickets available on the day, and I hope all clubs (not just Cardiff) are held to that - otherwise, why have a legal limit at all?

Now, the issue is going to be how many of the "new" fans are going to attend every game - and will the club allow them to sell their match ticket back to the club so the club can put it on general sale?

It's likely that a number of the new fans will not be there for Huddersfield, Wolves, Brighton, Burnley, Bournemouth, Palace, Leicester, West Ham, Everton, Watford, Fulham/Boro/Derby/Villa. After all, those new fans have had plenty of opportunities to see all of those clubs in a lower division over the years (I've seen many of those clubs at Ninian in Div 4). However, I have always argued that people, especially kids, who grow up watching football on TV only realise how addictive and great a sport it is when they attend in person. And, once hooked, you usually have a fan for life (assuming nobody makes a stupid "mistake").

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    That is disappointing. South Wales is hardly affluent. You can't blame the club for taking the option of getting people to commit to season tickets - the prices are still good from what I have read here, even with the latest hike. But, the club is going to turn over £100m+ next season even if the stadium was empty. Clubs are legally obliged to keep a percentage of tickets available on the day, and I hope all clubs (not just Cardiff) are held to that - otherwise, why have a legal limit at all?

Now, the issue is going to be how many of the "new" fans are going to attend every game - and will the club allow them to sell their match ticket back to the club so the club can put it on general sale?

It's likely that a number of the new fans will not be there for Huddersfield, Wolves, Brighton, Burnley, Bournemouth, Palace, Leicester, West Ham, Everton, Watford, Fulham/Boro/Derby/Villa. After all, those new fans have had plenty of opportunities to see all of those clubs in a lower division over the years (I've seen many of those clubs at Ninian in Div 4). However, I have always argued that people, especially kids, who grow up watching football on TV only realise how addictive and great a sport it is when they attend in person. And, once hooked, you usually have a fan for life (assuming nobody makes a stupid "mistake").
    I have said this before but four years ago the ground was full for every home game in the Premier League, including against the so called lesser teams, so why anyone would think that people would not turn up next season is beyond me, especially bearing in mind the change back to blue and united nature of the club currently. We have already sold more season tickets this time around than for the whole of 2013/2014. You have obviously not learned from all the negative predictions you made about this season which didnt come true and are repeating your old mistakes of writing the City support off before a ball is kicked.

Dml, I understand what you're saying but you have to keep in mind that season ticket holders are - rightly or wrongly - counted whether they turn up or not, so you can still have 1000's of empty seats for a match that has supposedly 'sold out'.

We have to be realistic here. Not all season ticket holders will be able to make it to every game next season. Some of them will only have bought season tickets to guarantee themselves entry for the big games. Its OK. Every club has a percentage of fans like this. Check out the Emirates, there are more empty seats than you can shake a stick at!

Maybe we can do some kind of ticket exchange service like BIS suggested and try and get as many of the seats filled as possible, but its inconceivable that there won't be at least a few empty seats for some matches.