+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pay on the day , latest

Pay on the day , latest

Phoned ticket office today regarding getting a membership to buy tickets on the day , or in advance

Apparently season ticket sales are going so well that the club are trying to reduce the amount they are legally required to release to non season ticket holders

That may mean some of us are going to struggle for tickets but that's life , for the future of the club this is great news

Bluebirds !!

Re: Pay on the day , latest

I just hope that all the new season ticket holders turn up for every game and not just for the big clubs.

I hope members with plenty of aways this season get a chance at away tickets (yes, self interest declared here!)
    As an exile, I tend to do as many aways as possible, but having a season ticket is just not feasible.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Phoned ticket office today regarding getting a membership to buy tickets on the day , or in advance

Apparently season ticket sales are going so well that the club are trying to reduce the amount they are legally required to release to non season ticket holders

That may mean some of us are going to struggle for tickets but that's life , for the future of the club this is great news

Bluebirds !!
    You don't need a membership to pay on the day, or to buy in advance.

I think there will be a few occasions next season where you could rock up on the day and get a ticket, but they will be for the smaller games. If you plan weeks in advance what games you can do and then buy on day of release then i would think you would get to most games.

The season ticket holder is king, you must do everything you can do to attract as many as possible, and then sell as many as possible.

Will it be more difficult next yes definitely,but people will still be able to go to a fair amount of games next season, dont panic.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    You don't need a membership to pay on the day, or to buy in advance.

I think there will be a few occasions next season where you could rock up on the day and get a ticket, but they will be for the smaller games. If you plan weeks in advance what games you can do and then buy on day of release then i would think you would get to most games.

The season ticket holder is king, you must do everything you can do to attract as many as possible, and then sell as many as possible.

Will it be more difficult next yes definitely,but people will still be able to go to a fair amount of games next season, dont panic.
    Anyone who is able to be organised will have a good chance of getting individual match tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    I hope members with plenty of aways this season get a chance at away tickets (yes, self interest declared here!)
    As an exile, I tend to do as many aways as possible, but having a season ticket is just not feasible.
    but thats the same problem
    anyone that lives in say london will have a quite a few games on the doorstep the same as anyone that lives near our ground that might not be able to travel away

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    but thats the same problem
    anyone that lives in say london will have a quite a few games on the doorstep the same as anyone that lives near our ground that might not be able to travel away
    The person who lives in London and goes to every away game is not putting any money into the clubs coffers (apart from a membership price). However the person living in Cardiff and buys a season ticket a pie and a pint at home games is giving the club a fair bit of money.

Unfortunately the club needs to prioritise its home base.

The person who lives in London and goes to every away game is not putting any money into the clubs coffers (apart from a membership price). However the person living in Cardiff and buys a season ticket a pie and a pint at home games is giving the club a fair bit of money.

At least away stadiums are bigger next season.

Question is.... how much will walk ups be charged next season. I've just counted up available seats:
    117. 27
    108/9. 4
    111. 12
    102/3. 4
    So, at the moment, any walk ups will be in the Upper Ninian or Grandstand ( or 118?) plus possibility of the Family Stand. So, any walk ups are mainly going to be mainly in premium priced areas....£35? Another incentive to purchase a season ticket in what's left of the cheaper seats. Looks like no chance of Flex tickets and away (gold) members may struggle to purchase away tickets with priority going to ST holders.

I maybe being a bit dense here (as I'm old), but shirley every city fan living away, knows a city fan who goes to every game !

So, why not buy a season ticket, leave it with your mate and the games you can't make, he/she, can find some plastic to buy it. !

I do this for the boys in the army, who defo can't make every game. !

Problem solved.

I've always felt that, should demand reach that point (which the above posts suggest it may do next year), it would probably be worthwhile for the club to implement a 'Ticket Exchange' system for season ticket holders, which the likes of Arsenal do - https://www.arsenal.com/ticketexchange

Quote Originally Posted by Earnie's bench seat View Post
    I've always felt that, should demand reach that point (which the above posts suggest it may do next year), it would probably be worthwhile for the club to implement a 'Ticket Exchange' system for season ticket holders, which the likes of Arsenal do - https://www.arsenal.com/ticketexchange
    The Everton season ticket part of the family flog their unused ST matches through Stub Hub (sanctioned by the club). They almost make enough on the matches they can't attend to pay for their STs as some people will pay silly money. Last season cost them £100 net per person for 9 matches. So, maybe a scheme like Arsenals/stub hub might work.

Can't see that happening. Season ticket holders will get priority.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Can't see that happening. Season ticket holders will get priority.
    At a guess, priority for away tickets next year will be:
    ST + 6 away
    ST + 3 away
    ST
    Gold member + 6 away
    Gold + 3 away
    Gold member
    Another reason to buy a ST (and share if not able to attend all matches).Membership alone might not guarantee an away ticket.

Not massively fair that though, when there are some who've spent a fortune for several seasons travelling up and down the country to support the team away, to be displaced by people who have rocked up to buy season tickets just because we've got top division football.

Not massively fair that though, when there are some who've spent a fortune for several seasons travelling up and down the country to support the team away, to be displaced by people who have rocked up to buy season tickets just because we've got top division football.
    That's the reality of the situation though. Season Ticket holders mean everything to the club, The person who hardly attends home games doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Earnie's bench seat View Post
    I seem to remember last time we were in the Prem we could give our seats back to the club, and receive a percentage of they sold it on ?

That's the reality of the situation though. Season Ticket holders mean everything to the club, The person who hardly attends home games doesn't.
    True. Until we have some sort of point scoring system that rewards membership plus aways, ST ticket holders will get priority.
    BTW... only 31 STs now available in Lower Ninian and Canton.

Not exactly hardly. I do upwards of half a dozen home games. I just think a points system would be fairer than simply giving ST holders everything. Is having a good away following really not important to the club?

Not exactly hardly. I do upwards of half a dozen home games. I just think a points system would be fairer than simply giving ST holders everything. Is having a good away following really not important to the club?
    If they did a points system the season ticket holder automatically gets 19 points for the 19 home games he has already bought. It will take a long time for the away fan to catch those points.

A good away following is important, not as important as having a large season ticket base.

Talking to a bloke this week who's been to one home game in the last ten years, his son openly swears allegiance to fecking Liverpool and has never ever been to watch the city, both of them have bought season tickets for the coming season with the intention of watching the 'big' games only, I'm sorry, but these kents make me sick.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I maybe being a bit dense here (as I'm old), but shirley every city fan living away, knows a city fan who goes to every game !

So, why not buy a season ticket, leave it with your mate and the games you can't make, he/she, can find some plastic to buy it. !

I do this for the boys in the army, who defo can't make every game. !

Problem solved.
    Indeed. And you did me a favour or two before I bought STs

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    Talking to a bloke this week who's been to one home game in the last ten years, his son openly swears allegiance to fecking Liverpool and has never ever been to watch the city, both of them have bought season tickets for the coming season with the intention of watching the 'big' games only, I'm sorry, but these kents make me sick.
    Its not ideal, but that person has just bought access to 19 home games next season. I haven't done that but i've attended well over 500 Cardiff City games, i perfectly understand that the person with the season ticket gets more perks than me.

Its always been the case that the club looks after its ST holders.

I just hope the club gets its website suitable for purpose as the last time we were in the Premier League it crashed during the purchasing process.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    At a guess, priority for away tickets next year will be:
    ST + 6 away
    ST + 3 away
    ST
    Gold member + 6 away
    Gold + 3 away
    Gold member
    Another reason to buy a ST (and share if not able to attend all matches).Membership alone might not guarantee an away ticket.
    It will be something like that for the first couple of games, but will have to go back to a clean slate at some point to allow others to attend themselves and build up their own credits.