+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Josh windass

Re: Josh windass

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    He had a very good February scoring six goals against Ayr United, Partick Thistle and a hat-trick against the mighty Hamilton Academicals.

I the same period Johnny 'Fats' Smith got 6 for The Royal Oak against The Graig, Glyncoch and Tonyrefail

I reckon we should look at 'Fats' as well.
    Amazing the double standards on here. I remember you being very excited by Andreas Cornelius, despite the fact the Danish League is as bad as the Scottish Premier. Jamie Vardy was banging in goals for Fleetwood against Accrington Stanley, Rochdale and Oldham - how was "Fats" doing in the same period?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Yes.And he was playing for the mighty Hearts.

One thing is for sure, soon as we achieve anything in football some of our fans get delusions of grandeur .
    Some of these "fans" are here for the good times only.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilkers View Post
    Dreadful signing if true, 3 million spunked on a waste of space. before being dung at Rangers he was largely unspectacular at Accrington Stanley. Not Premiership standard, not in a million years, even the zombies I know don't rate him.
    £3m does seem a bit excessive - although Accrington fans I spoke to valued him at £1m. He left once his contract expired, and Rangers paid £100,000 for him, something that still angers Accrington fans to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Some of these "fans" are here for the good times only.
    We know how it works.
    If you are honest you would admit it should be good for the club and the city.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    £3m does seem a bit excessive - although Accrington fans I spoke to valued him at £1m. He left once his contract expired, and Rangers paid £100,000 for him, something that still angers Accrington fans to this day.
    He is very highly rated ( as he was then ) . Perhaps not highly rated enough for the humongous Cardiff City though.

Neil Warnock will buy players to play to his system , some will make it, some won’t . The fact they play in the Scottish league won’t determine whether they are a success or not. We may even unearth a talent from the Irish league if we are supremely lucky.

I was gutted when we loaned out Tomlin this season, extremely talented player who Warnock didn’t fancy . At this moment I trust his judgement and will cheer any signings wherever they come from, if they turn out to be poor , I may well mention it on here at some point.

He's probably on 8k a week max and we'll give him 35k. Plus a fee to Rangers.
    I don't want to spend big money on players, I just want someone with more talent.
    NW is giving Rangers a helping hand here.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Callum Paterson came from that “rank rotten” SPL. He seems to have slotted in nicely.
    400k on a punt for a goal scoring "defender". Risk/Reward and all that.

I'll happy defer to our Jock brethren who will have seen him play more than I but in the few Rangers games I've seen on Sky he's not really stood out for me even within that Rangers side. Commentators seem enamoured due to his father... which gets mentioned a lot.

If Warnock rates him, fine, give him a chance and all that but my view based on what I've seen is that it seems an odd one.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    He had a very good February scoring six goals against Ayr United, Partick Thistle and a hat-trick against the mighty Hamilton Academicals.

I the same period Johnny 'Fats' Smith got 6 for The Royal Oak against The Graig, Glyncoch and Tonyrefail

I reckon we should look at 'Fats' as well.
    Fair point.

Jamie Vardie......

I think people are overly harsh on the SPL, it honestly isn’t that bad.

Young hard working midfielder who won't cost much, sounds good to me

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It is in decline though.
    It is now roughly league one standard, and there's nothing wrong with buying players from that league, but there's no guarantee they will make the step up

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    From the games I've seen it's Celtic by a mile with little effective competition; a couple of clubs the tier below Celtic then the rest are dross.

Individual players are obviously capable of being good but the standard outside Celtic is poor.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    From the games I've seen it's Celtic by a mile with little effective competition; a couple of clubs the tier below Celtic then the rest are dross.

Individual players are obviously capable of being good but the standard outside Celtic is poor.
    As with all modern football. The budget determines the quality.

True - and the budget is driven by the interest (live and all media) and no one gives a shit

Happy for it to be an incubation league for players to get game time and for the 1 in 100 gem to come out though

Hmm, I'd tend to disagree. Celtic, Rangers dominance has been increasing since the 80s - wasn't exactly like Sky were bring the money to the Scottish game all the time.

SPL has been 2 big teams, with the rest all a much of a muchness. It's generally been a case Celtic, Rangers looked after themselves and sod the rest which is why the standard is poor. Compare to the EPL, there's 6-7 teams in contention. SPL, well 1 at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Hmm, I'd tend to disagree. Celtic, Rangers dominance has been increasing since the 80s - wasn't exactly like Sky were bring the money to the Scottish game all the time.

SPL has been 2 big teams, with the rest all a much of a muchness. It's generally been a case Celtic, Rangers looked after themselves and sod the rest which is why the standard is poor. Compare to the EPL, there's 6-7 teams in contention. SPL, well 1 at the moment.
    Which is why budget determines quality. They have bigger budgets... always have. In all leagues that makes for an upper echelon

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    True - and the budget is driven by the interest (live and all media) and no one gives a shit

Happy for it to be an incubation league for players to get game time and for the 1 in 100 gem to come out though
    Like the Welsh league ?

Like the Welsh league ?
    Perfect comparison. Glad we got there

Blue in the Face

Cardiff City dealt blow in pursuit of Rangers attacker Josh Windass
    http://www.insidewalessport.co.uk/ca...ngers-windass/

I think he looks decent from what I've seen. Virgil Van Dijk came from the SPL. Someone can be talented whatever league they play in.

There's obviously talented players who have come from Scotland van dijk. Wanyama etc.
    However they are not strikers if your not getting nearly a goal a game in that league for me your not going to be any good.
    Kenny Miller still gets a game occasionally and he was finished here.
    Adam Matthews looked like a quality player for Celtic . Players who want to look better that what they are go to the spl see John, ledley, Sinclair

Patterson played in the SPL, and he made a massive impact to our challenge.

Its about giving players a platform to showcase themselves,to be fair the Scots we have bought over the years rarely let us down.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Cardiff City dealt blow in pursuit of Rangers attacker Josh Windass
    http://www.insidewalessport.co.uk/ca...ngers-windass/
    Thank Christ for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    Thank Christ for that.
    The Celtic fan doesn't rate a Rangers player. Well, I am shocked.