+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Xiaomi

Xiaomi

Has anybody else come across this company before? A Chinese company that seems to be into everything, and get have some really nice products.
    I have a bunch of their stuff and really impressed so far.
    Looks like they will be targeting western markets later in the year.
    Some of their shares are going to go public soon too, I wouldn't mind betting it would be a good investment.

Re: Xiaomi

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Has anybody else come across this company before? A Chinese company that seems to be into everything, and get have some really nice products.
    I have a bunch of their stuff and really impressed so far.
    Looks like they will be targeting western markets later in the year.
    Some of their shares are going to go public soon too, I wouldn't mind betting it would be a good investment.

They're really establishing a great name for themselves. I realise a lot of Chinese products have shitty reputations, however, this company really make some top stuff.

I was thinking of buying this laptop
    https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?sp...=3541350586371

Buying shares in the company would be a great long term investment I feel.

I'm not sure how they'd price themselves in the western market, but here they're very competively priced. That Xiaomi 13 laptop comes in at under 580GBP, it's targeting the Apple Mac following.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    They're really establishing a great name for themselves. I realise a lot of Chinese products have shitty reputations, however, this company really make some top stuff.

I was thinking of buying this laptop
    https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?sp...=3541350586371

Buying shares in the company would be a great long term investment I feel.

I'm not sure how they'd price themselves in the western market, but here they're very competively priced. That Xiaomi 13 laptop comes in at under 580GBP, it's targeting the Apple Mac following.
    I've just bought a Xiaomi phone and it's great, got it direct from China though so I'm not sure how the pricing will be here, but I paid £140 for a Mi A1, and its way better than the phones you can get here for the same price. It has an IR beam so now I can use my phone as a remote for my TV and all the screens and Aircon units in work.
    Also got a fitness tracker watch thing for like £25 and a Wifi VoIP security camera.

Their short throw laser projector looks incredible

I have their android Mi box for running Kodi etc that I got from the States.

It's a great piece of kit. Cost about $60 I think.

they are the Chinese equivalent to Apple, i have sold a fair few phones from them

Had two of their Mi Mix phones and the Amazfit watch amazing value for money.

Always bought direct from China, takes about 10 days for delivery, would fully recommend.

I'll definitely be looking into buying some shares when they become available, as I think they'll take off here once they become more well known, as they seem to make high quality stuff.

Yes, I've bought a few phones from them. They've been excellent value and not had a minute's problem with them. Cheaper ones come with crap cameras, though.

A mate swears by them. I'll be diving in when I finally break up with my Samsung S5 Duos. 5 years top service, but incredibly glitchy now.

mrs lardy won a xiaomi robot vacuum in some work raffle and we've got their camera for the kids room. The camera is a bit glitchy sometimes but I think it's because it's far from the wifi source. They do seem like a good company

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    mrs lardy won a xiaomi robot vacuum in some work raffle and we've got their camera for the kids room. The camera is a bit glitchy sometimes but I think it's because it's far from the wifi source. They do seem like a good company
    Any idea if the vacuum is any good? I was looking at it the other day because the new model will do mopping as well as vacuuming?
    In general their products seem really good, I've got a load of their stuff.

Any idea if the vacuum is any good? I was looking at it the other day because the new model will do mopping as well as vacuuming?
    In general their products seem really good, I've got a load of their stuff.
    This one only vacuums but it's good. Dunno if it's value for money as we didn't pay and I certainly wouldn't have approved buying one.

You just set it to do it's thing while you're out and the dust box seems to fill up quick so it's obviously doing something.

I'll definitely be looking into buying some shares when they become available, as I think they'll take off here once they become more well known, as they seem to make high quality stuff.
    Good luck dont tell the politics board your embracing capitalism.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Good luck dont tell the politics board your embracing capitalism.
    I have some shares actually, but they've been rubbish I bought at about 9 dollars a share and they've barely moved from that, even after posting good results or interesting new products. I guess people are probably worried that they will be Huawei part 2.