+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Brilliant in the Championship, but how will Neil Warnock try to transform his Premier League fortunes?

Brilliant in the Championship, but how will Neil Warnock try to transform his Premier League fortunes?

Re: Brilliant in the Championship, but how will Neil Warnock try to transform his Premier League fortunes?

Didn't Hammam over see our promotion into what is now called The Championship, as well as what is now League One?

Re: Brilliant in the Championship, but how will Neil Warnock try to transform his Premier League fortunes?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Great article

For me by far the best promotion in my 40 years due to it being in blue compared to the last and being the most unexpected out of the bunch.

In terms of Warnock compared to other prominent figures such as hamman and Mackay the latter two had adulation but then it went sour because they let us down - symptomatic of the risk associated with idolising strangers - this could be the same in the future for Warnock but I doubt it as I am not sure there is much more or many more people left for him to upset!!

The other thing for me is in his recent ITV interview there were less soundbites for one but there was a warmth in how he talked about the club the fans the players and the hierarchy. Plus there seems to be a degree of loyalty from him to the players

All of these things plus what you covered in your excellent blog for me make it different and better. I am looking forward to next season much more than I did 4 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Great article

For me by far the best promotion in my 40 years due to it being in blue compared to the last and being the most unexpected out of the bunch.

In terms of Warnock compared to other prominent figures such as hamman and Mackay the latter two had adulation but then it went sour because they let us down - symptomatic of the risk associated with idolising strangers - this could be the same in the future for Warnock but I doubt it as I am not sure there is much more or many more people left for him to upset!!

The other thing for me is in his recent ITV interview there were less soundbites for one but there was a warmth in how he talked about the club the fans the players and the hierarchy. Plus there seems to be a degree of loyalty from him to the players

All of these things plus what you covered in your excellent blog for me make it different and better. I am looking forward to next season much more than I did 4 years ago.
    He's always seemed to like us as fans for some reason. Way before he came here as a manager. I don't know what we've done in the past to deserve this.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    He's always seemed to like us as fans for some reason. Way before he came here as a manager. I don't know what we've done in the past to deserve this.
    I think it reaffirms that he likes honest passionate people and in general our fan base is like that

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Didn't Hammam over see our promotion into what is now called The Championship, as well as what is now League One?
    He did, but I was only talking about promotions that are associated with one person. In the season you talk about, I remember Earnie breaking the goalscoring record, finally beating the wurzels and the Play Off Final more than anything Hammam did - Neil Warnock dominated this promotion in a way Hammam never did.,

I'm not sure the Warnock Way is always the same way. I think he works with what he has to hand. IF we get in a few more flair players then he may well adapt his style of play to suit. The QPR promotion team, for example, weren't often accused of hoofball and thugball. Time will tell I guess.