+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: New Training Ground

New Training Ground

Neil Warnock has mentioned on a couple of occasions when talking about Burnley about how they invested in their Training Ground and I get the impression that he would like us to do the same. I recall that when we were in the PL last time there were plans for us to develop a site at Hensol although there were planning issues, objections etc.

Anyone have any idea what the current state of play is?

Re: New Training Ground

A £10 million training ground was one of the things Tan promised as part of the rebrand. He never got round to it for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueToujours View Post
    Neil Warnock has mentioned on a couple of occasions when talking about Burnley about how they invested in their Training Ground and I get the impression that he would like us to do the same. I recall that when we were in the PL last time there were plans for us to develop a site at Hensol although there were planning issues, objections etc.

Serious question. How would it be better than what we have got?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    I always thought this, the Vale is stunning and already used by FAW WRU, Manchester united ect, I dont think we would be able to build anything better ourselves

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Sensible View Post
    A £10 million training ground was one of the things Tan promised as part of the rebrand. He never got round to it for some reason.
    Probably ran out of red paint.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    I always thought this, the Vale is stunning and already used by FAW WRU, Manchester united ect, I dont think we would be able to build anything better ourselves
    The surrounding area will be redeveloped to build the new airport link road
    Perhaps the land to build said training ground is not available in that location

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Serious answer. I have no idea! That was not the purpose of my original post. Warnock has mentioned on several occasions Burnley's investment in their training facilities and it brought to mind our plans of some years back.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueToujours View Post

I'd rather give priority to converting our Category 2 Academy into a Category 1. How will people feel if the Jacks come in for our best youngsters because they have a Cat 1 and we can't stop them? It's possible, they're looking to rebuild.

Better training facilities is a good idea though.

On the Debate show the other week Bellamy stated that the Academy doesn't have it's own pitch and that they are forever looking for somewhere permanent to play. Maybe something will be sorted now to resolve the situation and have all levels training at the same venue?

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    On the Debate show the other week Bellamy stated that the Academy doesn't have it's own pitch and that they are forever looking for somewhere permanent to play. Maybe something will be sorted now to resolve the situation and have all levels training at the same venue?
    Isn't that why we bought Jenner Park?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Isn't that why we bought Jenner Park?
    It is news to me that we have? He just made a comment that it didn't help that we didn't have a permanent home for our Academy that doesn't help him. This week he was on with Merson and was talking more in depth at the frustration of being a category 2 club at this level and at the mercy of all category 1 clubs who are free to come and pick whoever they want. More damning than that he went onto say that he totally understood Huddersfield's decision to totally disband their Academy setup this time last year as you have to question whether it is worth all the investment for the bigger clubs to just come and take them for nothing. Situation sounds disturbing to say the least.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Mansfield View Post
    I'd rather give priority to converting our Category 2 Academy into a Category 1. How will people feel if the Jacks come in for our best youngsters because they have a Cat 1 and we can't stop them? It's possible, they're looking to rebuild.

Better training facilities is a good idea though.
    This all the way. Though I wonder if better training facilities might be part and parcel of a step up to cat one anyway?