+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Agents

Agents

I can't stomach these people. Their fees are a disgrace.

One thing surprised me a couple of years ago. The agent represents the player. Why on earth does the club have to pay a large fee to an agent? The cut a player gives to his agent should be enough.

It'll never happen but I'd live to see all clubs to come to an agreement and refuse to deal with agents chergung huge fees.

Re: Agents

I'm not defending agent fees, but isn't that going too far in the other direction? Players do need representation.

If a player wants to have an agent to represent him then that's up to the player but why on earth should a club have to pay the fees for these greedy money grabbers. If a player wants an agent fine, then it should be the player who pays the agents fees and not the club!

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    If a player wants to have an agent to represent him then that's up to the player but why on earth should a club have to pay the fees for these greedy money grabbers. If a player wants an agent fine, then it should be the player who pays the agents fees and not the club!
    Its a bit like an auction.The auctioneer will charge a commission off both buyer and seller so if you don't want to pay the commission don't buy or sell.Football clubs will never tell an agent where to go in fear of losing the player they are after.I expect our very own Mr Tan has a view worth listening to.