+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Open top bus parade today

Parade to Castle

Anyone going?
    It all seems very low key compared to last time we were promoted.
    Haven't heard it mentioned much at all.

Re: Parade to Castle

Word of warning. Raplacement buses today from the valley lines to Radyr until 12.30 and Pontypridd till 16.30. Normal service after. Trains running ok between Central and Radyr.

On car free day ffs

Open top bus parade today

Cardiff City to celebrate promotion with a party in the capital on Sunday afternoon, May 13th

More...

The promotion winning Cardiff City squad and management will celebrate today with an open top bus parade starting at CCS at 3pm.

The procession will head down Leckwith Rd, into Canton, before turning onto Cowbridge Rd as it heads to Cardiff Castle arriving between 4.30 and 5pm.

The party will be met by the Leader of Cardiff Council and the Lord Mayor. Neil Warnock and the players will then take to an open-air stage to address the fans in attendance.

The City of Cardiff is hosting a car free day on Sunday so there are road closures in the city. People are encouraged to use public transport, bicycles or walk into the city centre.

C:WindowsTempphp5F71.tmp

International

Thats what you get with a rabidly anti-car council.

Cycling down into town with Mrs Mower later to take a look.

Last years was a bit of a disaster for Mrs M as she dropped her phone down a portaloo, after waiting around about 6 hours, just before Malky came out to do the speeches and she missed them all whilst she got a steward to fish it out.
    😂

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Cycling down into town with Mrs Mower later to take a look.

Last years was a bit of a disaster for Mrs M as she dropped her phone down a portaloo, after waiting around about 6 hours, just before Malky came out to do the speeches and she missed them all whilst she got a steward to fish it out.
    😂
    Like what you did there - wiped out the ole Slade and Trollope years in one swipe of the keyboard 😂😂

Re: Open top bus parade today

Can't make today. Whole of May is planned around what were our potential play off dates.

Seen a stage being set up yesterday in town; if thats what they plan on using can see today being a nightmare, as it was very low and very small!

Think you'll struggle to see anything on the stage if you walk in with the bus, which is what we did down to the bay last time.

Hope it's a great day though .

i'll be there

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Like what you did there - wiped out the ole Slade and Trollope years in one swipe of the keyboard 😂😂
    😂

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    😂
    Agree it all seems very low key. May be unpopular but I’d have invited Cardiff devils and Cardiff blues onto the bus aswell after both also having fantastic achievements.

Seemed a bit daft doing it today I would've rathered they done it next week or even better on the bank holiday weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Agree it all seems very low key. May be unpopular but I’d have invited Cardiff devils and Cardiff blues onto the bus aswell after both also having fantastic achievements.
    No thanks

Any live stream for the journey. ?

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    No thanks
    I appreciate I’m probably in a minority of 1. But I think open top busses are mainly for kids anyway. Good fun etc but not to be taken seriously. Chuck em all on there.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Any live stream for the journey. ?
    https://www.facebook.com/cardiffonli...5346395441120/

Not going today, hope everyone who does go had a great time!

They look so strange full clothed.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    I like Greg, perhaps a coaching role for him he's a dedicated soul.