+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gunnarsson

Gunnarsson

Will we keep him on? Should we keep him on?

Re: Gunnarsson

Yes. Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Welshcake. View Post
    Yes, as long as he is not to greedy about his wages. I can see him becoming a squad player next season rather than a regular starter.

I don’t think we saw the best of him when he returned after the injury. But he was part of a midfield 3 that started the season so well. If he plays in the World Cup and after a pre season, hopefully he would be getting back to his best. I would offer him a contract but not sure if he’d be in the starting 11 initially.

Yes but No

Yes & yes

The only way we should let him leave is if we can find a better replacement on the same wages, that's unlikely

100% keep, he deserved a little raise in his wages to be fair if that is what he is after, but also if worse comes to worse would be a great player to have back in the championship

Yes. I like him and Neil clearly does. I also don’t think he’d get many particularly good offers if he rejected us. He’s been free to sign for anyone since January- I doubt he’ll be in the premier league next season if he doesn’t stay with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Yes. I like him and Neil clearly does. I also don’t think he’d get many particularly good offers if he rejected us. He’s been free to sign for anyone since January- I doubt he’ll be in the premier league next season if he doesn’t stay with us.
    He'll go abroad if he doesn't sign for City.

What's up with Junior? Is he signing or not?

Probably and no.

Quote Originally Posted by Welshcake. View Post
    If his chances of maintaining fitness are good, if he wants to stay, if he is prepared to be sensible about his contract, then yes.

But, we do have to improve and some current 'first choices' are going to have step back.

Recently WOL did a piece on the eight key decisions that NW has taken. One was opening the door for Whitt's to leave.

Tough love but necessary. He is going to have make some more tough decisions soon.

No fkn idea. Dunno.

Needs to sign his contract before WC

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

He needs to get fit for the WC and stay injury free
    If he’s not good enough for other Prem teams why is he good enough for us?

He has had his day . Did very well to come back to form earlier this year . Isn’t a premier league player , probably not even a championship player these days .

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    He has had his day . Did very well to come back to form earlier this year . Isn’t a premier league player , probably not even a championship player these days .