+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: iphone / ipad scanner

iphone / ipad scanner

Last week my daughter lost her GCSE Spanish folder with EVERY bit of work she has done over the last 2 years by all account she has to have the complete folder in school ( and bring it home to study with it ) , imagine the stress it caused

Anyways, it turned up today, the head of Spanish decided to take it out of the cupboard and show it to Yr 7's on how it should be done, of course the teacher didnt bother to tell my daughter that

So i have decided to scan all the work and save it, I downloaded a scanner app and it worked great, i could do them in batches and save them to the right folder etc etc , but i got to about 50 pages scanned and it stopped and wants me to pay £86 ( i guess the free version is upto 50 pages )

anyone have / know of a free one that will do scans batches

cheers
    matt

Re: iphone / ipad scanner

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Last week my daughter lost her GCSE Spanish folder with EVERY bit of work she has done over the last 2 years by all account she has to have the complete folder in school ( and bring it home to study with it ) , imagine the stress it caused

Anyways, it turned up today, the head of Spanish decided to take it out of the cupboard and show it to Yr 7's on how it should be done, of course the teacher didnt bother to tell my daughter that

So i have decided to scan all the work and save it, I downloaded a scanner app and it worked great, i could do them in batches and save them to the right folder etc etc , but i got to about 50 pages scanned and it stopped and wants me to pay £86 ( i guess the free version is upto 50 pages )

anyone have / know of a free one that will do scans batches

cheers
    matt
    Didn’t she back anything up on her iPad, either to iCloud or iTunes? If not make sure she does in future. 50 gig on iCloud is 79p a month. Why not take a photo of the remaining pages then you could print them out. Printer apps may have something that’ll allow you to scan. HP does.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Didn’t she back anything up on her iPad, either to iCloud or iTunes? If not make sure she does in future. 50 gig on iCloud is 79p a month. Why not take a photo of the remaining pages then you could print them out. Printer apps may have something that’ll allow you to scan. HP does.
    I'm assuming her coursework was written on paper.

Evernote is a free app which will allow you to scan with your phone. All your documents will be stored offline and on the cloud and will be searchable. There is an apple and a android version.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rnote&hl=en_GB

There is a paid version of Evernote but most users will not need that. I use the paid version because I like Evernote so much.

Try the C S CamScanner ive used it on my iPad

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    The folder has been found, this was all her course work, 90% of it handwritten

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I'm assuming her coursework was written on paper.
    Yes, correct

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    Evernote is a free app which will allow you to scan with your phone. All your documents will be stored offline and on the cloud and will be searchable. There is an apple and a android version.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rnote&hl=en_GB

There is a paid version of Evernote but most users will not need that. I use the paid version because I like Evernote so much.

thanks, I dont mind paying for apps, a set amount is fine, My daughter has a few for school, flashcard cost me £9, i have no issues with supporting the app designers, I will check out Evernote

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Try the C S CamScanner ive used it on my iPad
    I am pretty sure i had this on my old iphone 4 for scanning in entry forms for something, i will have a look at it again

cheers for all the replies guys, i have photographed about 100 of them now, at least we could just print them out as pictures if the worse happens, just a PITA as i cannot save them in batches, though i have just moved them into separate dir's " Spanish food " , " Spanish Tech " etc etc