+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Swansea City Demo

Swansea City Demo

Re: Swansea City Demo

What are you talking about. There were at least 11 of them. Although the guy in the blue does look like he’s just stopped to have a look at whats happening.

They had seven seasons punching way above their weight. They won the League Cup and played in Europe. They were universally admired and had some awesome players: Michu, Sigurdsson, Bony, Davies, Allen and of course, the world’s greatest winger, Jefferson Montero.

But now they’ve had their first relegation season in - how long? - and the ugly recriminations are being heard.

In my opinion, they should be grateful for their time in the spotlight and look forward to the Championship.

At least there is one wise old head in Jackland

Toby Williams, 10, from Swansea, said: “As fans we need to get behind the players’ back. The only way we are going to get back up is if we get behind them. Some fans have been so aggressive to players, they need to be more supportive and help the players get through this difficult time.”

I remember them pricks having a right laugh at us over the rebrand. Saying they would never let it happen to them, yet here we are watching them dickeads go down without even a whimper, while this American consortium rip the heart and soul out of Thier club....... Not even a protest March from them. They've excepted it like a bunch of batties taking it up the arse

I have to say I don’t follow the jacks progress that closely but they seemed to be doing very well, being run in a way that most clubs of their size and quite a few bigger clubs fans were envying. Partly fan owned, a genuine fan as chairman, a succession of good managerial appointments. Then the yanks dangle a big bag o’ loot in front of them, they couldn’t resist it, and it’s all gone tits up since. Is that it, in a nutshell?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I have to say I don’t follow the jacks progress that closely but they seemed to be doing very well, being run in a way that most clubs of their size and quite a few bigger clubs fans were envying. Partly fan owned, a genuine fan as chairman, a succession of good managerial appointments. Then the yanks dangle a big bag o’ loot in front of them, they couldn’t resist it, and it’s all gone tits up since. Is that it, in a nutshell?
    As far as I'm concerned, yes.
    Also add in the fact that many of their current regulars have never seen the team outside the Premier League so they are stunned and never seemed to imagine this could ever happen.

Was it only me who found their pass sideways/back style (when it took five minutes to inch the ball a yard farther forward) intensely and soul-detstroyingly boring?

I'm always confused about the way they blame Jenkins for selling out.
    He took them from Div. 4 all the way to the top flight, they won the league cup, and played in Europe, and at their peak he turned his £1m investment in to £15m. He'd be mad not to have done it, why would he wait for the inevitable relegation and devalue?

"BILLY THE BADGE" missed a trick here.

Quote Originally Posted by rs3100 View Post
    I'm always confused about the way they blame Jenkins for selling out.
    He took them from Div. 4 all the way to the top flight, they won the league cup, and played in Europe, and at their peak he turned his £1m investment in to £15m. He'd be mad not to have done it, why would he wait for the inevitable relegation and devalue?
    It’s as if a business man, that bought a football club as a business, shouldn’t profit should that business do well.

It raises a salient point too, for them and for us. You can’t have your cake and eat it. You can’t have a rich sugar daddy who’s there for profit and have your club ‘back’

Is now the time that Tan’s looking to sell, for us as fans to start buying into the club. Realistically the wrong time to buy in hindsight but if we want our club to be ours, should we have more say, then perhaps we need to and forego the big money transfers

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Was it only me who found their pass sideways/back style (when it took five minutes to inch the ball a yard farther forward) intensely and soul-detstroyingly boring?
    I found their style exactly the same. Its all very well having possession, the idea is to attack with it.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    It’s as if a business man, that bought a football club as a business, shouldn’t profit should that business do well.

It raises a salient point too, for them and for us. You can’t have your cake and eat it. You can’t have a rich sugar daddy who’s there for profit and have your club ‘back’

Is now the time that Tan’s looking to sell, for us as fans to start buying into the club. Realistically the wrong time to buy in hindsight but if we want our club to be ours, should we have more say, then perhaps we need to and forego the big money transfers
    I think the mistake Jenkins made was staying at the club. He should have taken his money and run.

Quote Originally Posted by speedyblue View Post
    I think the mistake Jenkins made was staying at the club. He should have taken his money and run.
    Wasn't he taking a wage out though, robbing them more £££££££££££££££££££'s every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Sure is mate. Good post.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    I found their style exactly the same. Its all very well having possession, the idea is to attack with it.
    They used possession in a defensive way - it wasn't great to watch but, as with all things PL, was vastly overhyped by the media (Sky).

In saying that, Swansea'svowners at the time deserve some kudos for getting the club from the brink of leaving the football league into the Premier League without jeopardising the club's future. If it were any other club, people on this board would see that as a respectable comment, but as it is your local "rivals" all objectivity goes out the window.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Wasn't he taking a wage out though, robbing them more £££££££££££££££££££'s every week.
    Don't most business owners take a wage from their companies?

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    They used possession in a defensive way - it wasn't great to watch but, as with all things PL, was vastly overhyped by the media (Sky).

In saying that, Swansea'svowners at the time deserve some kudos for getting the club from the brink of leaving the football league into the Premier League without jeopardising the club's future. If it were any other club, people on this board would see that as a respectable comment, but as it is your local "rivals" all objectivity goes out the window.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post

If it were anyone else we wouldn't be commenting on it.

Quote Originally Posted by speedyblue View Post
    he wanted to make as much money as possible - but should have gone when the yanks took over.