+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Junior Hoilett

Junior Hoilett

Warnock made a point of sayang that Junior hadn't signed his contract yet in his speech.
    I hope he isn't waiting to see what options he has. One of our Prem ready players

Re: Junior Hoilett

Would cost us a lot of money to buy a player better than him in that position.

He ran his contract down when he came to us as he was hoping to get a big move that never materialised.

Can't fault anyone for waiting to see what the best options are, I would do the same

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    He ran his contract down when he came to us as he was hoping to get a big move that never materialised.

Can't fault anyone for waiting to see what the best options are, I would do the same
    Certainly, so would I.

I'd be a bit surprised in some ways if he did move on given how he seemed to come here because of Warnock, is playing as well as he has and as consistently for a long time, seems to get on well with the team and will be in the PL.

Guess it depends on what offers come in for him. Been great for us.

Hes going to command a big signing on fee. But needs to be signed up.

I'd honestly be surprised if he got many better offers than us

I wouldn't be shocked if he went to the MLS

[QUOTE=life on mars;4880741]I wouldn't be shocked if he went to the MLS[/QUOTE

TBH that's what I am thinking. Hope he hangs around here for a couple more years though.

[QUOTE=jeremy corbyn;4880755]
    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I wouldn't be shocked if he went to the MLS[/QUOTE

TBH that's what I am thinking. Hope he hangs around hereo for a couple more years though.
    He's only 27 and got so much to offer , however if his demands supersede our wage structures, sadly we would have to say goodbye, as we can't get dragged back into those poor imbalances of earnings in the dressing room.

Blue in the Face

It may be another one year contract? Could suit both parties, if he's able to command much higher wages than we would be prepared to pay if we got relegated.

The fact Warnock made a point of it in a light hearted manner suggests to me a deal is almost done. Would've been worried about losing him had we not gone up but see no reason why he wouldn't be here next season. I'd say it's all but done and Warnock was on the wind up to get the fans singing his song or something.

Warnock was on great form today, saying about himself being hounded out, no one understanding Patterson or Ralls, saying Etheridge would drop the mic. Great stuff and just shows why every set of players that play for him seem to love him.

If any player is playing hard ball, time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    The fact Warnock made a point of it in a light hearted manner suggests to me a deal is almost done. Would've been worried about losing him had we not gone up but see no reason why he wouldn't be here next season. I'd say it's all but done and Warnock was on the wind up to get the fans singing his song or something.

Warnock was on great form today, saying about himself being hounded out, no one understanding Patterson or Ralls, saying Etheridge would drop the mic. Great stuff and just shows why every set of players that play for him seem to love him.
    I'd suggest NW is just relaxed about what Junior chooses to do. He's more than played his part in getting us up and we've helped put him in the shop window. Now it's about what each of us want next. Personally I think we need Junior more than he needs us and I'd be delighted if he stayed, but would understand if he didn't.

Where's he gonna go thats better than Cardiff? He's a good player, but he's not good enough to attract a top team. The only teams that will be interested in him are clubs of similar size to us. So why look for a move?

Quote Originally Posted by Silures View Post
    Where's he gonna go thats better than Cardiff? He's a good player, but he's not good enough to attract a top team. The only teams that will be interested in him are clubs of similar size to us. So why look for a move?
    I disagree. I think there will be a lot of interest in a player of his ability who is out of contract. It may not be just in the UK either.

I would not be surprised if he moves on, but I hope he doesn't. He'll certainly be looking for a big payday to match the risk he took this year and the relative lack of earnings that he'd have expected.

He was basically on the scrap heap before we signed him, so he owes us a debt of gratitude as well.

I asked him if he was going to stay with us at the Players' awards, and his reply was "yes sure"
    Spedger

....Warnock even put Hoilett on the spot in front of thousands of Bluebirds fans outside Cardiff Castle yesterday, telling supporters: "We'd like to ask Junior Hoilett to come and say a few words because he's not signed his contract yet - but he's thinking about it!"

Asked on stage if he had a pen, Hoilett replied: "I've got one in my backpack."

Canadian Hoilett - who joined Cardiff City in 2016 - said: "It's been a hell of a year. We've been working hard - and it's paid off. You've just got to enjoy the moment right now because next season is going to be harder, and I'm sure we're going to be alright."

Later asked if he is confident Junior Hoilett will stay on for next season, Warnock said: "Yeah, definitely. Who else is going to have him?"

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...rnock-14652962