+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Should we re-sign Marko Grujic?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - on loan

22 42.31%
  • Yes - permenant transfer only

15 28.85%
  • No

15 28.85%

Thread: Should we get Marko Grujic back?

Blue in the Face

Should we get Marko Grujic back?

I was kind of won over to hear that loanee Marko Grujic flew in from Belgrade to return for the parade today.

Should we try and re-sign him for next season. If so, in what capacity?

I'm going to make my argument here that if Neil wants to "build a legacy", then the club is going to need a lot more young talents on our books for the long term. We need to have more players who have the potential to become valuable sellable assets in the future. Make hay while the sun shines. So for me it's a no to a loan - why fatten up another clubs turkey? But a yes to a purchase if the price isn't too high.

Re: Should we get Marko Grujic back?

I wouldn't mind if it was on loan again providing it was for a full season with no recall option.

Yes, if we remove the element of his contract where he needs to play X number of games. He knows the system now and is likely to only get better but he won't suit every game and still needs to control his aggression at times.

Definitely, and if goes to Russia with Serbia (which looks likely as he has replaced Matic after around 60 minutes in Serbia’s last two internationals) he will be even better. He came back from Serbia to attend the parade too.

We're allowed 2 Prem loans I believe, so we need to be careful how we use them. I'd take Marko as a full member of the squad if we can buy him, but I'd prefer 2 more seasoned loan players if possible as we're going to need them.

It's a no for me. After playing a number of games, he was suddenly dropped - maybe because Gunnars was available. But I got the distinct impression that Warnock lost patience with him because he couldn't/wouldn't obey his instructions - to the extent that his role had to be explained by other players on the pitch.

I never thought he was yards ahead of other players on the pitch either, as it happens

100% should get him back if we can. Only with no recall option though, can't be worrying about that

I’d buy him if we get the option for the right price. Not good enough for Liverpool I would imagine chasing top 4

Agree with others who said yes to a buy , no to a loan

If we can sign him permanently, yes. We only have 2 loan signings available though and we need to try and make sure they're difference makers.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    We're allowed 2 Prem loans I believe, so we need to be careful how we use them. I'd take Marko as a full member of the squad if we can buy him, but I'd prefer 2 more seasoned loan players if possible as we're going to need them.
    yep agree with this " 2 more seasoned loan players "

Sign him permanently yes

Definitely. One of the few players at the club who can actually pass the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Definitely. One of the few players at the club who can actually pass the ball.
    Joe Allen can pass a ball

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Joe Allen can pass a ball
    He's not at the club (nor is he likely to be)

Blue in the Face

Liverpool are looking to offload Serbian midfielder Marko Grujic on loan once again with former side Cardiff City keen on taking him back to Wales, according to thle Mirror.
    https://thisisfutbol.com/2018/06/blo...c-out-on-loan/

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Liverpool are looking to offload Serbian midfielder Marko Grujic on loan once again with former side Cardiff City keen on taking him back to Wales, according to thle Mirror.
    https://thisisfutbol.com/2018/06/blo...c-out-on-loan/
    We need a loan with an option to buy at a pre-agreed price if we are to do this. We mustn't end up with him being a key part of the way we play and have no means of keeping him.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    We need a loan with an option to buy at a pre-agreed price if we are to do this. We mustn't end up with him being a key part of the way we play and have no means of keeping him.
    Yes yes yes. This would be the ideal scenario. He's still a bit of an unknown quantity too so gives us the option to not commit. Though it would mean one of our loans has been used up and we may need them for other deals.

We need to understand why NW benched him for the last month. If he didn't trust him when we needed him most, why would things be any different in the Prem.

It's a close call but I think it would be a waste of a loan. The loans have to be starters & I don't think he'll be one.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    We need to understand why NW benched him for the last month. If he didn't trust him when we needed him most, why would things be any different in the Prem.

It's a close call but I think it would be a waste of a loan. The loans have to be starters & I don't think he'll be one.
    Agree with this. We are more limited with the number of players we can loan now in the Premier (that sounds good)! So we have to ensure they are an improvement on whatever our squad of players looks like come August. You can see the potential, but on the basis of what I have said a No from me.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    Agree with this. We are more limited with the number of players we can loan now in the Premier (that sounds good)! So we have to ensure they are an improvement on whatever our squad of players looks like come August. You can see the potential, but on the basis of what I have said a No from me.
    What if we could get him for the £5m that Liverpool paid for him and his wages with us weren't much higher than 20k? I could see him proving worth it over time.

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    Agree I would rather use the loan system to get more experienced on the higher wages

While we are only allowed 2 loans from English clubs there are other loan options available from other leagues in Scotland and Europe. A
    loan for Grujic would be fine.

Blue in the Face

Fulham want Liverpool midfielder Marko Grujic
    http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/06/07...-marko-grujic/

Marko Grujic finished second in the Championship with Cardiff City and reportedly caught the eye of Fulham, who will join them in the Premier League.

Could Marko Grujic be playing regular Premier League football for the first time next season? Possibly, because Goal reports that newly promoted Fulham are keen on signing the prodigious Liverpool midfielder on loan.

The Mirror (June 2) reported that Liverpool were planning on farming out the 22-year-old Serb this summer and Cardiff City, who Grujic helped earn promotion to the Premier League during a five-month loan spell in the second half of last season, had been alerted to his availability.

Grujic started 12 Championship games for Neil Warnock’s side and, while he perhaps did not live up to lofty expectations, he still made a mark with his tenacity and will to win which fitted in perfectly with the Cardiff rhetoric.

But it seems that Grujic’s displays caught the eye of Fulham who were promoted alongside Cardiff, albeit via the play-offs, according to Goal.

The former Red Star Belgrade wonderkid, who joined Liverpool in January 2016 for £5.1 million, could be seen as a potential upgrade on Oliver Norwood, who spent last season at Craven Cottage on loan from Brighton.

Despite being one of the most highly-rated midfield prospects in Europe when he arrived at Anfield two years ago, Grujic has struggled to force his way into Jurgen Klopp’s plans having made just eight substitute appearences in the Premier League.

But Fulham might have to act fast, with Grujic aiming to enhance his reputation with Serbia at this summer’s World Cup.