+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Apologies .. Completely off topic

Apologies .. Completely off topic

After a week of celebrating topping off with today’s parade.... I’m thinking of binning virgin media broadband mainly as I don’t use their telly or home phone so it’s costing a bit for services I don’t use. Was thinking about Vodafone home broadband : £25 per month for download speed of 75mps
    Anyone on here with Vodafone and what’s your feedback of it
    Thanks

Re: Apologies .. Completely off topic

Virgin delivers the best broadband speeds Imo

Quote Originally Posted by Silures View Post
    Virgin delivers the best broadband speeds Imo
    I also like how you can stream Sky Sports using Win10 on yer computer if you're a VM customer (and have the Sports package, of course).

Quote Originally Posted by walinoz View Post
    After a week of celebrating topping off with today’s parade.... I’m thinking of binning virgin media broadband mainly as I don’t use their telly or home phone so it’s costing a bit for services I don’t use. Was thinking about Vodafone home broadband : £25 per month for download speed of 75mps
    Anyone on here with Vodafone and what’s your feedback of it
    Thanks
    You can have vm broadband without landline or tv.

To stream in HD you only need 6mbs, even 4K only requires about 16mbs clear bandwidth so I think people get a little hung up about what speed they get.

Virgin do 300mbs broadband, being completely honest there are very few households that even need 100 let alone 300. As long as something can download quicker than you can watch it (this would also make streaming work without buffering) then I don't see the problem unless there are loads of people using the service!
    Last edited by speedyblue; 14-05-18 at 06:18. Reason: misspelt word

Unless you’re in a big business building or a school 100 meg is wasted.
    I’ve got the medium range speed with my providerUtility Warehouse (on the BT open reach system) and that’s more then enough.
    I say this as next door moved in a few weeks ago and whilst waiting for installation they used mine as they asked so nicely and there were no issues.
    Pity they signed up with BT as I could have had a happy customer !

Quote Originally Posted by speedyblue View Post
    To stream in HD you only need 6mbs, even 4K only requires about 16mbs clear bandwidth so I think people get a little hung up about what speed they get.

Virgin do 300mbs broadband, being completely honest there are very few households that even need 100 let alone 300. As long as something can download quicker than you can watch it (this would also make streaming work without buffering) then I don't see the problem unless there are loads of people using the service!
    Couldn’t agree more Speedy Blue 👍

I have 100mbs from virgin, don't pay for phone or TV, stream everything, movies TV, my TV doesn't even pick up a signal otherwise and it works fine

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I have 100mbs from virgin, don't pay for phone or TV, stream everything, movies TV, my TV doesn't even pick up a signal otherwise and it works fine
    So you can just have the broadband with virgin without tv or home phone ? I was told different
    How much is that per month mate

Quote Originally Posted by walinoz View Post
    So you can just have the broadband with virgin without tv or home phone ? I was told different
    How much is that per month mate
    £32 definitely only broadband, they just rang up and offered me 200mb broadband and the TV for an extra ,£8 a month too

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    £32 definitely only broadband, they just rang up and offered me 200mb broadband and the TV for an extra ,£8 a month too
    Thanks Rjk.
    Vodafone is £25 pm for 75mbs.
    Wonder if it’s wotth making the switch

You might like to look at this league table of complaints about telecoms services (incl. broadband) from OFCOM.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom...laints-q4-2017