+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The rich getting richer and the poor

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The rich getting richer and the poor

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I agree with Eric's point, if I have interpreted it correctly, taken in the context of the phrase 'job creator'. The super rich do it for themselves, I don't blame them for this one bit, it is how the world goes round. But to imply they are some sort of benevolent super-beings that are keeping the rest of us alive is just rubbish.
    I think there's also another interesting angle to this. Brexit has produced levels of nationalism not seen in many years, but you try and extend that to "buying British", so buying products that are made solely in Britain, how many would rather pay the extra, or would they prefer the cheap option everytime?

Re: The rich getting richer and the poor

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I think there's also another interesting angle to this. Brexit has produced levels of nationalism not seen in many years, but you try and extend that to "buying British", so buying products that are made solely in Britain, how many would rather pay the extra, or would they prefer the cheap option everytime?
    I doubt in todays climate that a buy British campaign would be allowed,

I see today, that Britain's new richest man is not full on supporting, but stating in his opinion that Britain doesn't need Brussels. when you got zillions its easy to say it !!!!!!

To answer your question i like to go for best value, and with place of manufacture not really considered, i bought a new car a few months back, not made in Britain and i don't believe that it has any significant British parts, the length of warranty was the deciding factor.