+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The rich getting richer and the poor

Re: The rich getting richer and the poor

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post

Paranoia is setting in or maybe momentum realise that CCMB is a key battleground they must take before world domination
    Fair play, the guys comedy gold

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I said places such as this, not specifically CCMB. you know that as well as I do.

You see their jack boots marching all over message boards these days.

Dark days ahead unless people begin to see what is happening.
    The only thing I can 'see happening' is that you don't like people who you disagree with having the same platform and opportunity to air their views that you do.

Yes the rich are better off than us , do we create job or opportunity nope ,they do ,let's be careful what we wish for .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Yes the rich are better off than us , do we create job or opportunity nope ,they do ,let's be careful what we wish for .
    Yeah, we might end up with an Amazon/JD Sports warehouse in every town!

Or even a dyson institute.

$27 trillion was added to world debt in 2017. All currencies' purchasing power will be reset to nil when this monstrous debt bubble bursts. The billionaires will be hedged every which way in readiness.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Yeah, we might end up with an Amazon/JD Sports warehouse in every town!
    I'm sure there are other examples of UK people being given a chance to earn good coin from self made rich people, I know of a few in Wales thankfully, if we were to rely solely on public sector roles we might end up like Greece.

Sometimes it's good to be proud of sucess , achievements and Entrepreneurship,even it it not yours.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Everyone is replaceable. If the top 100 disappeared, someone would replace each and every one of them, things would still be made, people would still have jobs. This idea that they are unique and to be worshipped is really damaging (as the past few years proves)

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Eric - surely you can see the hypocritical nature of that statement , as that could easily apply to you and Auntie (and Sludge) and countless others
    No I don't actually, can you explain how I am being hypocritical. When did I shut anyone down? I welcome all the stupid shite everyone says in equal measure.

As far as I can see there is only one gang on here being abusive and shutting others down!

As far as I can see there is only one gang on here being abusive and shutting others down!
    Who is in this gang?

The hard left amongst you, those that have constantly shouted abuse and lied over the last few weeks on this part of the message board, those that have tried to shut down discussion and refused to acknowledge some of the lies they spread as facts.

The hard left amongst you, those that have constantly shouted abuse and lied over the last few weeks on this part of the message board, those that have tried to shut down discussion and refused to acknowledge some of the lies they spread as facts.
    Who is in the gang? No need to be shy.

Not being at all shy, Eric.

It’s pretty clear who the members of momentum are on this part of the message board.

By rich, I assume that you mean the job creators?
    That's certainly true of James Dyson. He campaigned long and hard during the referendum to leave the EU, yet sets up sweatshops in the far east.

A man for whom Britain is so important, he'd rather not pay lots of British people decent British wages.

Deluded fool!

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    Dyson kept the business in the UK, kept all the research & development in the UK. They moved the manufacturing to Malaysia as the cost of manufacturing the product in the UK meant they couldnt compete.
    Maybe there's a moral question in all of this, then.

Take that tosser who owns Wetherspoon. Touting British jobs for British people and a cull in immigration then in the aftermath of the referendum said that foreigners should still be allowed to work in his pubs.

You can have your line on it if you want. My view is that if these people are so patriotically British, they should put their own money where their mouth is. Given the millions in profit Dyson rakes in every year, why can't he afford to help British manufacturing? Because he's looking to feather his own nest as much as he can rather than help his fellow Brits with more employment. Greed before principles.

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    Dyson kept the business in the UK, kept all the research & development in the UK. They moved the manufacturing to Malaysia as the cost of manufacturing the product in the UK meant they couldnt compete.

For the same reason that Hoover (Candy) moved away from Merthyr and to the Czech Republic. It cost them too much to produce here compared to there. So you cant blame Dyson for that.

ps even the leftie loving Guardian reported this - "Dyson shrugs off Brexit fears with massive UK expansion plan
    Technology group to open new 210-hectare campus as part of £2.5bn investment and plans to double workforce"

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...expansion-plan
    I agree with Eric's point, if I have interpreted it correctly, taken in the context of the phrase 'job creator'. The super rich do it for themselves, I don't blame them for this one bit, it is how the world goes round. But to imply they are some sort of benevolent super-beings that are keeping the rest of us alive is just rubbish.

Good luck to them, having a list dominated by 'self-made' super rich is very positive for somebody with my views. If someone comes from nothing it means their parents almost certainly didn't pay enough to tax, directly or indirectly, to cover the cost of their upbringing (education, healthcare being two biggies), it proves the success of a progressive taxation system and validates the need for proper funding for vital services (especially those that impact children).

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I agree with Eric's point, if I have interpreted it correctly, taken in the context of the phrase 'job creator'. The super rich do it for themselves, I don't blame them for this one bit, it is how the world goes round. But to imply they are some sort of benevolent super-beings that are keeping the rest of us alive is just rubbish.
    I think there's also another interesting angle to this. Brexit has produced levels of nationalism not seen in many years, but you try and extend that to "buying British", so buying products that are made solely in Britain, how many would rather pay the extra, or would they prefer the cheap option everytime?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I think there's also another interesting angle to this. Brexit has produced levels of nationalism not seen in many years, but you try and extend that to "buying British", so buying products that are made solely in Britain, how many would rather pay the extra, or would they prefer the cheap option everytime?
    I doubt in todays climate that a buy British campaign would be allowed,

I see today, that Britain's new richest man is not full on supporting, but stating in his opinion that Britain doesn't need Brussels. when you got zillions its easy to say it !!!!!!

To answer your question i like to go for best value, and with place of manufacture not really considered, i bought a new car a few months back, not made in Britain and i don't believe that it has any significant British parts, the length of warranty was the deciding factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Gammon snowflake is off.
    "Gammon has been seized upon by the radical left. It feels a little nastier. More weaponised."

Another proof of the poster being from the hard, radicalised left. If proof were ever needed.

"Gammon has been seized upon by the radical left. It feels a little nastier. More weaponised."

Another proof of the poster being from the hard, radicalised left. If proof were ever needed.
    Any truth in the rumour that the current generation of Tories are a bit naughty?

Full on Gammon NQAT.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Full on Gammon NQAT.
    Oh, look - Aunty Andy had learned a new term of abuse that the leadership of momentum have asked her to start using as much as possible.

How sad, how utterly pathetic.

You have not come up with a single original thought or written anything original on this messagebaord, it is all cut & pastes from fellow hard left radicals and instructions for abuse from above.

Quite pathetic really. I do feel very sorry for you.

Oh, look - Aunty Andy had learned a new term of abuse that the leadership of momentum have asked her to start using as much as possible.

How sad, how utterly pathetic.

You have not come up with a single original thought or written anything original on this messagebaord, it is all cut & pastes from fellow hard left radicals and instructions for abuse from above.

Quite pathetic really. I do feel very sorry for you.
    Right Mr Gammon back to my original point. Feck the poor, the underprivileged and the homeless. Particularly the children.

https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...ities-families