+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 41 dead in Gaza Strip

41 dead in Gaza Strip

Was it really worth acknowledging Jerusalem as the capital for this?

Still, the families of the dead can be consoled by donald’s video message.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-44104599

Re: 41 dead in Gaza Strip

Total is 52 now. No outrage though as none died from chemical weapons poisoning so Trump, May and Macron will find it difficult to stifle yawns.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post

Im just glad Im not stupid enough to think of putting my life on the line or that of my children , just over the location of a building.
    Tbf you don't live in a warzone...

It's extremely difficult to leave Gaza. Israelis and Hamas are intent on as many as its residents as possible live a miserable existence on a tiny strip of land till the day they snuff it.

Talmudists (Luciferians) view anyone who are not them as subhuman goyim (cattle). There's the problem.

Eric - There are lots of Palestinians who have chosen not to throw molotov cocktails at soldiers Eric - they are still alive - through choice.
    Given Israel's previous - going there and doing that is a death wish.

They have just had someone on the radio try and explain the history of all this, why / when part of Jerusalem was annexed. Why Jordan used to control Jerusalem etc etc. I cant see there ever being a solution. There arent enough hours in the day to try and start to make sense of it. Anyone who does say they understand the middle east problem with Palestine, Israel, Hezbollah, Hamas etc etc etc - is talking bollox and anyone who thinks they have a solution is talking even bigger bollox - especially on here.
    History is full of people who had to risk their own safety and perhaps their families to stand up for what they thought was right, lots of people we have statues of and streets named after, were they all stupid as well? I can't imagine what it must be like to live there. I am certainly not in a position to adequately pass judgement on their actions.

I it really worth throwing stones and Molotov cocktails at soldiers ? and then be surprised if they react .

In these days of fake news and counter bluff Im sure there'll be someone along in a minute to tell us - it was really palestinians killing themselves to make it look like Israeli soldiers (russian logic).

The US have been undiplomatic beyond belief here. They must have known the effect that decision would have had - dumb dumb dumb.

Im just glad Im not stupid enough to think of putting my life on the line or that of my children , just over the location of a building.

A terrible , stupid waste of lives
    The average age in Gaza is really young, something like 17, education is poor, lots of them will have had friends and family killed by Israel.
    I guess if we were in that situation then local youths here would probably be drawn to doing things like throwing rocks, burning tyres that people outside couldn't understand.

I won't pretend to know a solution, but I'm pretty sure that snipers taking potshots at people isn't it.

I'm sure Hamas and Iran are having a chuckle, his is more about breaking through that Gaza border than the silly embassy decesion , as its been building up for weeks ,so well organised,
    not a spontaneous event , dreadful ,dreadful , waste of life, its like a mass suicide mission , most of them must realise what the outcome will be .

Somone is funding this by proxy though,
    bearing in mind how poor these poor Palestinians are .

More proxy border wars.

I'm guessing if Israel dropped thier weapons, and opened ther borders they would also be massacred,and pushed into the sea as per the Iranian , Hamas mantra .

Poor innocents are the real victims.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I'm sure Hamas and Iran are having a chuckle, his is more about breaking through that Gaza border than the silly embassy decesion , as its been building up for weeks ,so well organised,
    not a spontaneous event , dreadful ,dreadful , waste of life, its like a mass suicide mission , most of them must realise what the outcome will be .

Somone is funding this by proxy though,
    bearing in mind how poor these poor Palestinians are .

More proxy border wars.

I'm guessing if Israel dropped thier weapons, and opened ther borders they would also be massacred,and pushed into the sea as per the Iranian , Hamas mantra .

Poor innocents are the real victims.
    I don't think anyone will be having a chuckle about it, more likely is it'll start the next cycle of violence.

I'm not convinced that there would be a massacre if Israel opened its borders to Gaza and other Palestinian areas, although there is obviously the possibility of isolated terrorism.
    It s something that Israel will never do though, as it would mean a countdown to the end of a Jewish state of Israel - not through violence, but through demographics.
    It suits the hardliners in Israel just fine to convince everyone that there would be genocide if they take their eyes off the ball for half a second, but I just don't think it's true.

The 1922 census of Palestine was the first census carried out by the authorities of the British Mandate of Palestine, on 23 October 1922. The reported population was 757,182, including the military and persons of foreign nationality. The division into religious groups was 590,390 Muslims, 83,694 Jews, 73,024 Christians, 7,028 Druze, 408 Sikhs, 265 Bahais, 156 Metawalis, and 163 Samaritans.
    Wikipedia

In 1922 it can be seen that Palestine was mainly occupied by Muslims and Christians. Today their descendants mainly live the concentration camp they call the Gaza Strip. This is what happens when you don't defend your borders. Other ethnic or religious groups will come and take your stuff. The Israelis are merciless and all-powerful. They will not rest until every country in the Middle East ( and maybe the world) is under their control.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I don't think anyone will be having a chuckle about it, more likely is it'll start the next cycle of violence.

I'm not convinced that there would be a massacre if Israel opened its borders to Gaza and other Palestinian areas, although there is obviously the possibility of isolated terrorism.
    It s something that Israel will never do though, as it would mean a countdown to the end of a Jewish state of Israel - not through violence, but through demographics.
    It suits the hardliners in Israel just fine to convince everyone that there would be genocide if they take their eyes off the ball for half a second, but I just don't think it's true.
    Your probaly right I guess as you say the headliners would never do it .

If I'm honest nor would I , Iran are camped on that border , and fund so much disruption in the region , whilst it's own folk struggle at home .

What's a divisive place the Middle East is ,never mind Israel hardliners there are plenty of others , the region is riddled with warring countries and warring tribes within those countries.

It doesn't need outside meddling to destabilise itself, they can do a good job on thier own .

You have to feel for the innocents in all this, on all sides .

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    Wikipedia

In 1922 it can be seen that Palestine was mainly occupied by Muslims and Christians. Today their descendants mainly live the concentration camp they call the Gaza Strip. This is what happens when you don't defend your borders. Other ethnic or religious groups will come and take your stuff. The Israelis are merciless and all-powerful. They will not rest until every country in the Middle East ( and maybe the world) is under their control.
    I don't think the Israelis want to control the whole region, let alone the whole world

Slightly off topic, buy check out this incredible photo from the protests.
    A Palestinian man using a tennis racket to hit away a tear gas canister
    IMG_20180515_072644.jpg

Slightly off topic, buy check out this incredible photo from the protests.
    A Palestinian man using a tennis racket to hit away a tear gas canister
    IMG_20180515_072644.jpg
    That is such a iconic picture.

Those other ones of neo Nazis amongst them were more distrubing .

Wikipedia

And you don't think that other countries have those aims ie Iran into Lebanon 2005 , and now Syria , oh let us nor forget Iraq's incursion into Kuwait.

Oh we could go on for hours the whole area is a bloody tinderbox and unsettled tribes with long standing hatred of each other its borders and its own people .

Gaza is a convienet haven for Hamas who have no truck with peace , as they have specific paymasters,
    and use the poor innocents to flesh out the nastiness of right wing Israel ,you have to have backing to get 40k demonstrates onto a countries border,with an aim to wreck it .

Lambs to the slaughter , it seems they have no thoughts of peace anywhere in the region .

That is such a iconic picture.

Those other ones of neo Nazis amongst them were more distrubing .
    Apparently the photographer was among those that were shot

The UK sold almost $0.5bn in arms to Israel since 2014.

Last year this government approved sniper rifles & ammunition, weapons just used to kill unarmed protestors.

The silence from the Christian Theresa Maybot is deafening.

Thinking about dropping any bombs on them soon are you? Nope, thought not

I'm guessing if Israel dropped their weapons, and opened their borders they would also be massacred,and pushed into the sea as per the Iranian , Hamas mantra .
    If the Arabs had the same mindset as the Israelis then I suppose that would happen. But history tells us that the Arabs got on OK with the Jews before the Zionist project to take over Palestine. Why weren't the Jews "massacred and pushed into the sea" before the Zionist project started in the 1870s? I think some tribes are more aggressive and merciless than others. If you want to see how tolerant the Jews are to other groups look at some of the Youtube videos of Christians in Israel who complain about Jews spitting on them in the street. The Israel strategy is never to concede anything. They will not stop until the Arabs are pushed into the sea or exported to Europe.

If the Arabs had the same mindset as the Israelis then I suppose that would happen. But history tells us that the Arabs got on OK with the Jews before the Zionist project to take over Palestine. Why weren't the Jews "massacred and pushed into the sea" before the Zionist project started in the 1870s? I think some tribes are more aggressive and merciless than others. If you want to see how tolerant the Jews are to other groups look at some of the Youtube videos of Christians in Israel who complain about Jews spitting on them in the street. The Israel strategy is never to concede anything. They will not stop until the Arabs are pushed into the sea or exported to Europe.
    I'm not entirely comfortable with the language of Jews as a tribe being inherently aggressive and merciless. That is very much in anti-Semitic territory.

I also don't believe that the vast majority of Israeli people want to rid the region of Arabs like you suggest.

Lots of people there live in fear of the other side wanting to wipe them out - a fear that is cultivated by those in power to help to keep them there

There was an interesting quote on the radio this morning, if the Palestinians lay down their arms and weapons there would be no fighting, if the israelis lay down their arms / weapons - they would be killed by Palestinians, whose politicians have said openly they want nothing more than Israel wiped off the face of the map.

Since the 1960's Palestine has been offered a 2 state solution 5 times - and every time they have rejected it. Whether that is true or not (Im guessing it is as the person on the radio was a middle east historian - not a politician).

What / why Iran is getting involved seems to be nothing more than stirring it up for their own means
    That interesting quote is basically Israel s justification for killing Palestinian civilians.
    Surely you have to look hard at yourself when your version of defending yourself involves snipers killing unarmed protesters

With Monday's massacre, Israel has now killed more than 90 Palestinians in the past six weeks for approaching the fence it placed around Gaza, surpassing the total number of East Germans shot and killed for trying to scale the Berlin Wall from 1961 to 1989 https://t.co/wX2sfkWpvF

No one knows the ins and outs , the politics behind the story (anyone on here who says otherwise - should get on a plane to Jerusalem and give them the benefit your wisdom and you will deliver peace) . I get the feeling though if Israel did nothing - they wouldnt stop until they kill every last living Israeli. I think the Israel Govt think the same.

With Iran turning the screw up a few levels - it will get worse before it gets better.

ps - you cant compare the figures to East Germans trying to escape the wall - they werent trying to attack West German soldiers were they. What I am surprised at - is the Russian apologists we had on here saying it's all fake news, the images were staged etc , I#m surprised they havent used the same reasoning .
    That is certainly what the Israeli leadership would like you to think

That interesting quote is basically Israel s justification for killing Palestinian civilians.
    Surely you have to look hard at yourself when your version of defending yourself involves snipers killing unarmed protesters
    I think anyone in the region is capable of being barbaric as they don't value life or want peace its ALL about being born into war .

Crickey, just imagine how wealthy this region could be if they all agreed to get on form there own middle East zone and economy , they would rule the world in wealth and influence and crush western influences.

Will they nah ,too much hatred , and sadly too many poorly educated folk , with no hope or vision .

I'm fecking sick of Israel.

If I said what I'd really like to say I'd be banned for life.

I'm not entirely comfortable with the language of Jews as a tribe being inherently aggressive and merciless. That is very much in anti-Semitic territory.

I also don't believe that the vast majority of Israeli people want to rid the region of Arabs like you suggest.

Lots of people there live in fear of the other side wanting to wipe them out - a fear that is cultivated by those in power to help to keep them there
    And yet the logic of "If the Arabs had the same mindset as the Israelis then I suppose that would happen. But history tells us that the Arabs got on OK with the Jews before the Zionist project to take over Palestine. Why weren't the Jews "massacred and pushed into the sea" before the Zionist project started in the 1870s?" seems hard to argue with to me.