+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Age of premier league squads

Age of premier league squads

DdGLMZzXUAAAiQi.jpg

For West Brom this season players under the age of 26 only played something like 2.5% of the available minutes.

Even though he didn't take them down, I've seen some pundits pointing the finger squarely at Tony Pulis for allowing the squad to get into this shape.
    It can't bode well for them next season either, as the players will be a year older, and on the decline, but on big wages so will be very difficult to shift.

Hopefully it's something that we bear in mind, as it does seem that Warnock favours a more experienced player, and we had one of the older squads in the championship this season from memory.
    I don't necessarily think that would be a big issue next season, but possibly the season after for whichever division we are in if we don't bring some younger players in too.

Re: Age of premier league squads

2017-18-ch-squad-age.jpg

Actually here is the championship version - we aren't as old as I had remembered. Derby on the other hand have a big proportion of their playing minutes played by players over 30 - if these guys start to drop off a cliff in performance terms then they could start to decline.

There's some pretty young teams there too, Fulham, wolves and Brentford, as well as Barnsley (who perhaps didn't get the mix quite right)