+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Carillion: Recklessness, hubris and greed

Carillion: Recklessness, hubris and greed

The Carillion Board oversaw a rotten corporate culture, by stuffing their mouths with gold.

But no worries, they walk away with their golden handshakes, their huge bonuses and gold plated pensions intact.

And KPMG failed in its job, surprise, surprise.

Meanwhile their suppliers and employees can go to hell.

Re: Carillion: Recklessness, hubris and greed

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Carillion is a PLC not a Govt dept!!, Just like BT isn't (losing 13,000 jobs announced this week).
    Carillion job losses - 2,000 as announced by the bbc.

If proven they have acted illegally - then charges should be brought against the board. I suspect though, seeing as KPMG were involved - they will have operated just inside the law and applied to the rules of company law.

The Govt pension safe guarding scheme is liable to pay out 800m to the pension scheme - if a deal cannot be agreed - still under discussion.

You failed to mention the other accounting companies that were Ernst & Young paid 10.8m for 6 months work and Deloitte 10m , neither somehow managed to highlight any problems
    Bollocks it’s rotten to the core and you bloody well know it.

And get off my thread, you’ve got me on ignore.

Where did I mention anything about the government FFS???

And you are right BT stink also.

All out to fill their offshore accounts and their fat bellies whilst the working man gets shafted over and over again.

You keep telling me you have me on ignore and then come up with some half baked excuse. Man up mun.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Carillion is a PLC not a Govt dept!!, Just like BT isn't (losing 13,000 jobs announced this week).
    Carillion job losses - 2,000 as announced by the bbc.

If proven they have acted illegally - then charges should be brought against the board. I suspect though, seeing as KPMG were involved - they will have operated just inside the law and applied to the rules of company law.

The Govt pension safe guarding scheme is liable to pay out 800m to the pension scheme - if a deal cannot be agreed - still under discussion.

You failed to mention the other accounting companies that were Ernst & Young paid 10.8m for 6 months work and Deloitte 10m , neither somehow managed to highlight any problems
    Oooops an intelligent reply ,eeek wait for the backlash