+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vincent Tan vents his 'anger' in rare interview

Vincent Tan vents his 'anger' in rare interview

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...85ylh9_YVbW9qU

Cardiff City owner Vincent Tan has spoken of his "anger" regarding the ongoing Emiliano Sala case with Nantes and insists the French club should be "punished" for involving unlicensed agent Willie McKay.

Cardiff have been embroiled in this ugly situation for more than four years now following the tragic death of Sala in January 29 at the age of 28.

The Bluebirds were ordered by the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) to pay the first instalment of the transfer fee to Nantes, which they finally did back in January this year. However, there are two more instalments still to be paid.

Cardiff have turned to the Federal Court, the Swiss Supreme Court, in Lausanne and are awaiting an outcome from there.

"If the decision of the Federal Court is not favourable to us, we will immediately sue FC Nantes," Tan told L'Equipe.

That means Cardiff will seek damages from Nantes in the civil court. Clearly, Tan is still reeling from the relegation from the Premier League and the hefty financial losses he and Cardiff have accrued as a result.

But in this rare interview with the French outlet, he stamped out any ambiguity pertaining to his feelings towards the situation and wants recompense one way or another.

"I am very angry. We have no choice, we will not stop. This is just the beginning, not the end," Tan said in reference to the legal dispute between the two clubs.

"We were never able to use the very promising player that we had bought. Emiliano Sala could have scored the few goals that would have saved us from demotion to the Championship. This resulted in a loss of £100million, at least, for the club.

"With Sala, we could have been maintained. He didn't play a single game for us. Why should we pay for his entire transfer? FC Nantes must be punished. He negotiated with an unlicensed agent (McKay)."

Re: Vincent Tan vents his 'anger' in rare interview

I swear, every time I read a quote from him, I think of Donald Trump. Delusional.

He makes some good points.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I swear, every time I read a quote from him, I think of Donald Trump. Delusional.
    It's gone from 'He was never our player, so why should we pay' And now Tan seems to want a discount on the fee because Sala didn't kick a ball for us. If i'm reading that correctly, then he's f ucking barking.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It's gone from 'He was never our player, so why should we pay' And now Tan seems to want a discount on the fee because Sala didn't kick a ball for us. If i'm reading that correctly, then he's f ucking barking.
    He must have Tyson Fury negotiating for him, he's getting nowhere.

I don't blame him , there is shocking behaviours and characters in football . I know Vincent Tan is probably no saint as most in business aren't, but he has been our loyal owner , agents like Mckay are filth and immoral preying on nieve folk .

We can criticise the club for the way they have gone about this, but you’ve got to have some sympathy for Vincent Tan when he says that Emiliano Sala might have scored the goals to keep us up and net us that £100 million he talks about - not only that, we’re being told we have to fork out a further 20 odd million, after interest on top of it.

Still, four years after the event and with an end nowhere in sight, I can’t help thinking about how Sala’s family has suffered over that time and it seems so wrong that they have to go through even more - I suppose that explains why I’ll never be a millionaire, let alone a billionaire.

One other thing, doesn’t City’s case look weaker because we gave playing contracts to two of the unlicensed agent’s sons?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I don't blame him , there is shocking behaviours and characters in football . I know Vincent Tan is probably no saint as most in business aren't, but he has been our loyal owner , agents like Mckay are filth and immoral preying on nieve folk .
    Such levels of filth that we employed two of his sons...

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    He must have Tyson Fury negotiating for him, he's getting nowhere.
    That would have worked if you had said Frank Warren and his Lawyers. Good try though.

What about Tan's comment about the involvement of Nantes using the 'unlicensed agent Willie McKay', a man who admitted arranging the flight concerned?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    What about Tan's comment about the involvement of Nantes using the 'unlicensed agent Willie McKay', a man who admitted arranging the flight concerned?
    Then wouldn't that be a separate issue, maybe a criminal one?

That would have worked if you had said Frank Warren and his Lawyers. Good try though.
    You can't always be funny if you need to be accurate.

Long day on the trowel was it butt.

Laugh, it might bring some cheer into your life you grumpy old sod

He makes some excellent points.

Not sure why he would speak to l'equipe who are always going to put a slant on it

and do we trust l'equipe with this info ? ?

He had the option of not getting involved in a transfer involving an unlicensed agent when the Transfer Committee turned down the Sala transfer in the first place. He shouldn't have listened to Warnock.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    He had the option of not getting involved in a transfer involving an unlicensed agent when the Transfer Committee turned down the Sala transfer in the first place. He shouldn't have listened to Warnock.
    Do we know if he knew either way then?

Have we used McKay in the past?

Do we know if he knew either way then?
    To my knowledge Dalman has never said why the Transfer Committee turned down Warnock, whether it was the £15m fee plus £50k per week (as per Sala Podcast), the involvement of a undischarged bankrupt banned agent or both but I would be surprised if their reason was not communicated to Tan.

To my knowledge Dalman has never said why the Transfer Committee turned down Warnock, whether it was the £15m fee plus £50k per week (as per Sala Podcast), the involvement of a undischarged bankrupt banned agent or both but I would be surprised if their reason was not communicated to Tan.
    I don't think their reason for turning down the transfer would have been anything to do with the agent?

I don't think their reason for turning down the transfer would have been anything to do with the agent?
    As I said, we don't know but I would have hoped that it would have been a consideration.

As I said, we don't know but I would have hoped that it would have been a consideration.
    He was thebgo to man in France.

It's a cute idea, but the agent being used wouldn't factor in.

You'd have to think things like, wages, transfer cost, agent fees, age, scouting report, scoring record, injury history are things they consider.

They don't care who they deal with unless things go wrong.

You can't always be funny if you need to be accurate.

Long day on the trowel was it butt.

Laugh, it might bring some cheer into your life you grumpy old sod
    Floor laying today, not my thing, a bit shit at it.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    We can criticise the club for the way they have gone about this, but you’ve got to have some sympathy for Vincent Tan….
    That’s by no means compulsory.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Such levels of filth that we employed two of his sons...
    Indeed, the massive elephant room. Lest we forget that the go-between who helped to get Sala on that fateful flight was a Cardiff City employee - Willie McKay’s son.

Floor laying today, not my thing, a bit shit at it.
    I'd lose my sense of humour doing that as well