+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cladding

Cladding

Why is it still there?

You would have thought Tan would think it looks silly by now and upgrade the aesthetics of the stadium.

Re: Cladding

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmyoldaccount View Post
    Why is it still there?

You would have thought Tan would think it looks silly by now and upgrade the aesthetics of the stadium.
    why?..i mean he hasn't given much thought to anything over the last few years...why would cladding be a priority?

wouldn't it also be a little draughty if they removed the cladding ? ?

I never understood the hate for the said cladding anyway

Spend a few million tearing down the entire exterior of the stadium, then another few mil redesigning the exterior, then on top of that a few more mil constructing a whole new facade.

That sounds sensible when our finances our in a less than healthy position.

Football stadiums are all the same these days , all crap , no character

It's what we do on the pitch that matters

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Spend a few million tearing down the entire exterior of the stadium, then another few mil redesigning the exterior, then on top of that a few more mil constructing a whole new facade.

That sounds sensible when our finances our in a less than healthy position.
    A full Bernabeu empties quicker than the CCShaf-filled. The exits from the stands are a pinch-point and potentil death hazard if fans need to escape a fire or an armed lunatic. Oh, and the tannoy is crapand the red seats a painful memory and eyesore. Otherwise, it does the business.

Its a brilliant stadium.

Let the Club go into administration. Tan out

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    A full Bernabeu empties quicker than the CCShaf-filled. The exits from the stands are a pinch-point and potentil death hazard if fans need to escape a fire or an armed lunatic. Oh, and the tannoy is crapand the red seats a painful memory and eyesore. Otherwise, it does the business.
    Unless there were some sneaky back handers happening when the stadium was built, I’m going to assume the stadium exits meet the requirements of a modern stadium if there was an emergency.

The away end at Ashton Gate and Loftus Road on the other hand….

Least of our worries at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmyoldaccount View Post
    Why is it still there?

What are you proposing as a replacement?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    What are you proposing as a replacement?
    Slides from the back of the Canton to the car park

Unless there were some sneaky back handers happening when the stadium was built, I’m going to assume the stadium exits meet the requirements of a modern stadium if there was an emergency.

The away end at Ashton Gate and Loftus Road on the other hand….
    Well, I'm not happy about access to the vomitarium.

I'd like it to look like the exterior of Yankee Stadium. Limestone. A classic and intimidating look.

Did someone hack your account, TBG?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Did someone hack your account, TBG?
    Why so? Leaving aside the typo as I was rattling around as a passenger in a vehicle on country lanes when typing on my phone, I think that the safety aspect I raised is valid and we have seen a number of unfortunate events in football stadiums over the years where fans needed to exit quickly.

Why so? Leaving aside the typo as I was rattling around as a passenger in a vehicle on country lanes when typing on my phone, I think that the safety aspect I raised is valid and we have seen a number of unfortunate events in football stadiums over the years where fans needed to exit quickly.
    Well, as someone has already pointed out - the CCS is a modern stadium.

The UK, in light of past tragic events at football stadiums, probably has some of the most stringent safety guidelines on new-builds that there is. Therefore, people whose job it is to know about these things, deemed the exits safe.
    How else would the club have been issued with a safety certificate?

It's basically a concrete bowl within the stadium itself, those plastic seats are probably flame-retardent.

In the history of football stadiums in the UK, has there ever been a case of an "armed lunatic"?

Oh, and yes, your typos did add further weight to my theory that your account might have been hacked!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Well, as someone has already pointed out - the CCS is a modern stadium.

The UK, in light of past tragic events at football stadiums, probably has some of the most stringent safety guidelines on new-builds that there is. Therefore, people whose job it is to know about these things, deemed the exits safe.
    How else would the club have been issued with a safety certificate?

It's basically a concrete bowl within the stadium itself, those plastic seats are probably flame-retardent.

In the history of football stadiums in the UK, has there ever been a case of an "armed lunatic"?

Oh, and yes, your typos did add further weight to my theory that your account might have been hacked!
    You and I see differently and that's fine. People have perished in events trying to get out of stadiums that passed safety regs , we have experienced bombings at a popular music not that long ago and people have died in crushes at grounds if any sort of panic ensues.
    If you think my post is barking that's fine by me. It's a message board after all and if I never have to write 'I told you so' that's fine by me, old fruit.

By the way, safety regs permit hotel and office floors above 7 floors but some people in some areas of professional life stick to those 7 floors, old fruit. Fire engines can't reach much higher, I believe.

I am usually of the mind that people exaggerate risk enormously, by the way (and I like a bit of risk on my travels to places well off the beaten track).

You and I see differently and that's fine. People have perished in events trying to get out of stadiums that passed safety regs , we have experienced bombings at a popular music not that long ago and people have died in crushes at grounds if any sort of panic ensues.
    If you think my post is barking that's fine by me. It's a message board after all and if I never have to write 'I told you so' that's fine by me, old fruit.

By the way, safety regs permit hotel and office floors above 7 floors but some people in some areas of professional life stick to those 7 floors, old fruit. Fire engines can't reach much higher, I believe.

I am usually of the mind that people exaggerate risk enormously, by the way (and I like a bit of risk on my travels to places well off the beaten track).
    Those were in the days of wooden stands, and terracing with inadequate crush barriers, coupled with fencing that meant evacuating onto the pitch wasn't an option.

There’s what? 2000 football games a year in the top 4 leagues. Another ~250 in Scotland. Hundreds of rugby games. Hundreds of concerts. Dozens of stadium events.

There’s got to be 3000+ major stadium events every year in the UK. When was the last time a stadium needed to be evacuated? When was the last time people died because they couldn’t escape a dangerous situation? I would’ve guessed Hillsborough off the top of my head.

The stadium clears out in ~10 mins when people are milling about, checking scores, clapping the team off, etc. In an emergency fans would be allowed on the pitch and leave via the 4 vehicle entrances in the corners.

There’s what? 2000 football games a year in the top 4 leagues. Another ~250 in Scotland. Hundreds of rugby games. Hundreds of concerts. Dozens of stadium events.

There’s got to be 3000+ major stadium events every year in the UK. When was the last time a stadium needed to be evacuated? When was the last time people died because they couldn’t escape a dangerous situation? I would’ve guessed Hillsborough off the top of my head.

The stadium clears out in ~10 mins when people are milling about, checking scores, clapping the team off, etc. In an emergency fans would be allowed on the pitch and leave via the 4 vehicle entrances in the corners.
    Yeah getting out of the stadium isn't too bad IMO.

Getting your car out if you've parked at the stadium on the other hand....

I can't say that I feel like arguing the point for 8 pages so we can move on

The lower tier of the Stade de France has been designed to allow as quick an evacuation as possible. Its based on a coliseum apparently, with the walkways widening at each row to allow more people into them quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    The lower tier of the Stade de France has been designed to allow as quick an evacuation as possible. Its based on a coliseum apparently, with the walkways widening at each row to allow more people into them quicker.
    The Coliseum in Rome was actually named after a bingo hall.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Let the Club go into administration. Tan out
    That escalated quickly.