+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: For all the excitement over the past week ...

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

For all the excitement over the past week ...

I have not given any thought to our West Country 'cousins', until now.

Any of their squad good enough to step-up to the PL with us?

Bristol Rovers have always been a good source of talent in the past.

Re: For all the excitement over the past week ...

Fabianski is only player I'd look at, good keeper

Quote Originally Posted by darran1927 View Post

He means the wurzels innit. I’d take Flint off them. That’s it.

Misread thought said cousins down west,

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    He means the wurzels innit. I’d take Flint off them. That’s it.
    Dreadfully over rated - slow and prone to serious mistakes
    Their defence was dreadful last season under his leadership

Ive looked at their squad and the only thing Warnock would be interested in would be the water bottles

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post

It would be hilarious if we pinched Bobby Reid for peanuts and he scored 20+ goals in a season, just to see the reaction on Jursset's face.

Come on then lets have it,
    if I kept away when we're shit and only bragged when we're good then I would be a hypocrite.
    If I can give it out, then i've got to take it in.

Well done on your promotion to the top flight.
    Do I wish you success? not really, its not hatred, its called rivalry, which is a healthy thing to have in any sport. Nothing personal.

With regards to our squad, I would say only one is of premier league standard. Already been mentioned. Fabianski.
    The sheer fact that the rest of our squad are not fit for purpose for the premier league, and quite possible the championship is a clear indicator of our failure to invest and stabilize.
    Alright, we managed 7 years in the prem, the first half of which was down to our footballing identity, which was our trump card when faced with clubs with much bigger resources than ours. we have played and passed the big guns off the field time and time again.
    The last 3 years however have been a shambles and we have been hanging on a thread. Each season failing to sort the problems.

So in a nutshell, if you're going to survive in the premier league this time then you have to be smart, or you will be found out. We was smart for the first few years and then for some reason the chairman and his cronies were hell bent on taking us down.
    And being smart means you should not even be looking at recruiting any players from our squad. The large majority of which are failures this season, who for reasons I cannot explain wanted to run the opposite direction from the oppositions goal week in week out.
    Simply not good enough.

Hit me with as much flak, banter, mickey taking as you want. Nothing will be as harsh as having to watch the season I have just had to endure.

Cardiff City = new league, new challenge, game on
    Swansea City = time to clear out the rot (owners), get rid of a good 15 players and regroup, or become a Sunderland.

and if I also read the thread wrong, meaning you meant Bristol City, then I put this down to a mockery of a sham. And a sham of a mockery.

my article and its points still remain valid though

Quote Originally Posted by SgorioFruit View Post
    and if I also read the thread wrong, meaning you meant Bristol City, then I put this down to a mockery of a sham. And a sham of a mockery.

https://twitter.com/jenks_88/status/...262675968?s=21

Don't want any dirty stinking jacks or any wanky wurzles, lets look elsewhere at far better players.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Dreadfully over rated - slow and prone to serious mistakes
    Their defence was dreadful last season under his leadership

Ive looked at their squad and the only thing Warnock would be interested in would be the water bottles
    Agreed. Hes a nuisance going forward and can get a goal but he's not a good defender and shouldn't anywhere near the Prem.

if I kept away when we're shit and only bragged when we're good then I would be a hypocrite.

Do I wish you success? not really, its not hatred, its called rivalry, which is a healthy thing to have in any sport. Nothing personal.

With regards to our squad, I would say only one is of premier league standard. Already been mentioned. Fabianski.
    The sheer fact that the rest of our squad are not fit for purpose for the premier league, and quite possible the championship is a clear indicator of our failure to invest and stabilize.
    Alright, we managed 7 years in the prem, the first half of which was down to our footballing identity, which was our trump card when faced with clubs with much bigger resources than ours. we have played and passed the big guns off the field time and time again.
    The last 3 years however have been a shambles and we have been hanging on a thread. Each season failing to sort the problems.

So in a nutshell, if you're going to survive in the premier league this time then you have to be smart, or you will be found out. We was smart for the first few years and then for some reason the chairman and his cronies were hell bent on taking us down.
    And being smart means you should not even be looking at recruiting any players from our squad. The large majority of which are failures this season, who for reasons I cannot explain wanted to run the opposite direction from the oppositions goal week in week out.
    Simply not good enough.

Hit me with as much flak, banter, mickey taking as you want. Nothing will be as harsh as having to watch the season I have just had to endure.

Swansea City = time to clear out the rot (owners), get rid of a good 15 players and regroup, or become a Sunderland.
    Big of you to come on here after going down. No need to take the piss any further as your own Club have done that to you all season. I'd have preferred you to stay up as Wales needs at least 2 successful cities - and Newport is definitely not going to be the second any time soon.

It'll be interesting to see which way your US owners go now - gamble on getting back to the Prem while you still have the parachute payments, or just pocket the money and let you decline. Based on the record of the Glazers with Man Utd I'm going to say the latter. I hope for Wales' sake that I'm wrong, but for rivalry's sake I hope I'm right...

Quote Originally Posted by darran1927 View Post
    He does not play for Bristol ROVERS (aka the 'GAS')

I mentioned Bristol Rovers, NOT Swansea or Bristol City!

Wake up at the back !

Best whoosh of the season.

Simply not good enough.

What about Mawson? They're talking 20 million for him in the papers. I haven't paid that much attention, but he does seem to be a stand-out player from what I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    What about Mawson? They're talking 20 million for him in the papers. I haven't paid that much attention, but he does seem to be a stand-out player from what I've seen.
    Mawson did show a lot of talent and promise and probably the only leader type we had in our team, but seemed to have gone quiet over the last few games, other fans may disagree with this, but I certainly didn't see anything about him that stood out over the last 5 games or so.

Fabianski is now stating he wants to move, so he can play at the higher level again.
    Mass exodus will be on the cards for us, and I for one wont be disappointed.

I mentioned Bristol Rovers, NOT Swansea or Bristol City!
    doesn't matter really now :)
    do you go to any forest green games then?
    im glad they stayed up this season

I got your joke if it's any consolation.