+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody feeling excited about the World Cup?

Anybody feeling excited about the World Cup?

I think I'm all footied-out for this season, but I may watch the knockout stages. I couldn't handle watching every game though, and I will probably take in a few games of cricket for a bit of a change.

Re: Anybody excited about the World Cup?

Yes the Cricket will take over now we're all done with but can't say I wont be keeping an eye on the WC

Re: Anybody feeling excited about the World Cup?

When is it ?

starts on May 31st in Frankfurt. The Iceman & the Ferret representing

Not really.
    Will be backing Denmark and Iceland, but not really that interested without Wales playing.

Strangely enough I'd have to say, no not really.
    Is it simply because there is just too much football on tv?
    Could it be that as Wales aren't iinvolved?
    Or maybe the tough CCFC season has taken its toll.

Possibly a mixture of all three but once it gets under way, I'm sure I will take an interest.

England v Belgium..... I'm backing Belgium to win the WC at 12/1.

Nope competion should never have been allowed to take place in Russia with thier appalling disregard of sports ethics,guess they looked after the Sepp, and add to that disgraceful decesion that of the next world cup in the bloody desert , the sport I loved as a child has been highjacked by dubious rich men and countries and corporations, if England had any balls they'd refuse to go .

Don't talk to me about World Cups - globalism gone mad! Truth is, I expect the tournament to be cancelled any day soon by virtue of a proclamation from Donald Trump. This will, of course, have nothing to do with America's absence from the competition - the fact that the great man will declare that, in true US tradition, the winner of that country's domestic tournament will be recognised as the real World Champions (it's looking good for Atlanta United or Sporting KC currently) is neither here nor there.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Nope competion should never have been allowed to take place in Russia with thier appalling disregard of sports ethics,guess they looked after the Sepp, and add to that disgraceful decesion that of the next world cup in the bloody desert , the sport I loved as a child has been highjacked by dubious rich men and countries and corporations, if England had any balls they'd refuse to go .
    How Russia got to stage it is beyond, can’t say I’m bothered. Even watching England capitulate is getting boring now. I’ll be following Iceland, Peru and Panama though.

No. I haven't been excited about anything since I was 8 and discovered that Santa wasn't real.

I hear England are revamping that "football's coming home" song to reflect modern times and the reality of the situation.

It won't be called "Three Lions" any more.

The new version will be called...

"Three Games".

No

I can't remember a World Cup that I have been less excited about. After the Welsh success in the Euro finals and City's success this season the World Cup seems a bit of an afterthought.

You're a miserable lot. Am I the only one looking forward to it?

Messi and Ronaldo could be playing their last world cup, trying to win their first.

Salah against that Russian defence.

England being England again.

Also for some nations this will be the best month in their footballing history.

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    You're a miserable lot. Am I the only one looking forward to it?

Messi and Ronaldo could be playing their last world cup, trying to win their first.

Salah against that Russian defence.

England being England again.

Also for some nations this will be the best month in their footballing history.
    No, you're not. Maybe it's my age, but the World Cup is still the top football tournament, bar none, out there for me. Yes, there have been one or two poor ones lately, but I thought 2014 was a good tournament with the most amazing Semi Final I've ever seen as a highlight.

Not excited at all but no doubt will catch the occasional game.

Looking forward to Morocco v Iran should be a cracker

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Siffredi View Post
    Looking forward to Morocco v Iran should be a cracker

Spain v Portugal & Belgium v England are the only interesting games in the group stages, it will be much better when they get to the knockout rounds.

Yep I'll be watching it. Not feeling the hype now but when the matches are on every day I'm sure I'll be getting into it.

May support England.

Think France have a great chance.

My eldest is just starting to get into football, so yes I'm looking forward to it, massive wall chart, the works

What time in the day are they showing matches? 3 games is it?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    What time in the day are they showing matches? 3 games is it?
    https://www.fifaworldcup2018.co/sche...hedule-gmt.php

It's in different timezones so more confusing than usual.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    No, you're not. Maybe it's my age, but the World Cup is still the top football tournament, bar none, out there for me. Yes, there have been one or two poor ones lately, but I thought 2014 was a good tournament with the most amazing Semi Final I've ever seen as a highlight.
    That semifinal was the most astonishing match ever played imo