+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody feeling excited about the World Cup?

Re: Anybody feeling excited about the World Cup?

I wouldn’t so I was excited about it but I am looking forward to England’s impending failure

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I think I'm all footied-out for this season, but I may watch the knockout stages. I couldn't handle watching every game though, and I will probably take in a few games of cricket for a bit of a change.
    Nothing can beat seeing your own country in a major tournament. For years we never thought Wales would get there, so World Cups were usually enjoyable affairs as a neutral, while we could also laugh at England's build up and subsequent failure.

Having tasted involvement in a major tournament, but with normal service now resumed, I feel quite flat and uninterested in this. I'm sure it'll change when England are on, but at the moment, I'm looking forward more to August.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    My eldest is just starting to get into football, so yes I'm looking forward to it, massive wall chart, the works
    Hope that includes Panini sticker. No kids childhood complete without a half finished world cup sticker album.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Hope that includes Panini sticker. No kids childhood complete without a half finished world cup sticker album.
    thumbup

Theres a website and app version of the book that you can fill for free. I think you get 3 packs each day. I packed Gunnar in my first one!

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    It will be an interesting distraction for a few weeks.
    Engerland - home before the post cards , and there will be lots of trouble caused by the Russians fighting anyone who turns up.

Presume Gunnarson isnt going even though he was named ?

RJK - mine to - but he realised the cost of buying the stickers etc - and decided he'd rather save the money and spend it on something else....

Why do you presume that?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    No, you're not. Maybe it's my age, but the World Cup is still the top football tournament, bar none, out there for me. Yes, there have been one or two poor ones lately, but I thought 2014 was a good tournament with the most amazing Semi Final I've ever seen as a highlight.
    Have to disagree. Best semi final ever..
    West Germany v France 1982

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Have to disagree. Best semi final ever..
    West Germany v France 1982
    Ah, I didn't say best, Germany v France was a better football match, but Brazil v Germany was an event which shook a host country to it's foundations - I still have trouble believing it happened, it was truly amazing.

Could just draw the rest. https://mobile.twitter.com/CheapPanini

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    How Russia got to stage it is beyond, can’t say I’m bothered. Even watching England capitulate is getting boring now. I’ll be following Iceland, Peru and Panama though.
    On a side issue I think Ingerland will win it ,so get her bet on now, that's if it goes ahead.

I'm preying The Trump cancel as sugested by TOBW who is the know , and its declared the Ingerland match days become public holidays .

On a serous note Putin and Russia are very quiet recently ,and I think there is that threat if cancellation or boycotts hovering over them.

Following Switzerland as my adopted second country who open their campaign against Brazil. Hopefully they can get into the knockout stages and give a good account of themselves, they did great during qualification so they definitely pose a threat to Costa Rica and Serbia who make up the other two teams in group E.

The first game kicks off an hour after the end of my last exam, so yes.