+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Best moment of the 2017 / 18 season?

Best moment of the 2017 / 18 season?

I wasn't on the pitch or at the parade so it's neither of those for me.

I think the late goal v Burton on the opening day was a special moment as was the win at Hull. I think when Morrison scored the second goal the away end was a as crazy as I've seen in a long time.

Honourable mentions to the Villa home win and when I was watching us beat Leeds away on my iPad on a train between Sweden and Denmark.

Re: Best moment of the 2017 / 18 season?

2nd goal at Hull.
    Unbridled celebrations and it just about gave us the edge when a few hours earlier it looked like we might fall short.

On top of the fact it was just a superb goal and summed up our sides character and commitment, scored by our captain and player of the season

Honourable mentions for Leeds away, Norwich away and Brentford away

Bamba's last minute equaliser at home vs Wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Honourable mentions for Leeds away, Norwich away and Brentford away
    Second goal v Forest at home. It was a must win game. It didn't look like we'd get it

Around 15 minutes of "Last Christmas.....

It felt that the fan base were all united again. Special moment!

2nd goal at Hull.
    Unbridled celebrations and it just about gave us the edge when a few hours earlier it looked like we might fall short.

On top of the fact it was just a superb goal and summed up our sides character and commitment, scored by our captain and player of the season
    This

Yeah Morrisons 2nd at Hull. Best away in a while.

Morrison's second at Hull away

Outplaying Wolves away - that's when I thought we could do some damage this season

Norwich away - Done a weekend up there. The last 5 mins followed by a brentford goal in the pub made it unreal.

Reading away - Tomlin's goal. To be so shit then score 2 late goals to get a point when it was ****ing freezing was good stuff

The home game against Villa, Leeds and Norwich. They all could've been 6 or 7 and we didn't even start playing until the 46th minute against Norwich

Zohore's second goal against Leeds down here was a beauty - whenever I come across all old fogeyish and start whingeing about the poor quality of our football last season, just remind me of that goal .

Any moment early on in the season that involved Zohore, Mendez-Laing and Hoilett in attacking mode.

Villa at home with the Canton chanting Terry what's the score.

Morrison’s second by a country mile.

All the others were amazing times but I’ve never felt pressure like that Hull game. Not even the PO final

Zohore against Burton was great, and Paterson v Derby was good, for about 20 minutes but Morrison's 2nd was mad. We absolutely lost it in the away end.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Zohore against Burton was great, and Paterson v Derby was good, for about 20 minutes but Morrison's 2nd was mad. We absolutely lost it in the away end.
    Morrison collects the ball on the right (thought.....what's he doing there?). Gets passed a Hull player (thought....he's going to square it). What happens next will live in City folklore for decades. Calmly he slots the ball into the net. A striker's goal from a defender. For 1/10th of a second, total disbelief. And then that moment when you just know we are on our way to the Premier League. What happens next reminded me of the Grange End. Total bedlam, crowd surge. Unbridled joy. Mayhem. Suffice to say I had an unusual view of the underside of the stadium roof. If you could sum up the spirit and determination of the team in one goal, one moment, that was it. That's why we support City, for moments like Morrison's goal.

Has anyone mentioned Morrisons 2nd goal away at Hull yet?
    That one.

Morrisons 2nd at Hull followed by Brums. 3rd vs Fulham,.

Villa at home. Dismantled a team odds on for promotion. It was the game that convinced me we could make the top 6 and push for the autos.

Danny Ward's equalizer at Fulham.

Crowd went mental.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

Crowd went mental.
    Thought that would be bottom of your list Tony after what happened to you !

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

Crowd went mental.
    Thought that would be bottom of your list Tony after what happened to you !
    Made it even more rememberable

Morrisons 2nd goal at hull was the most defining. I wasn't even there and it was my favourite.

I've never been so gutted to miss an away game in my life. The fans were unbelievable!

Morrison's second at Hull, and Zohore's late one at Norwich both did the same thing to me. Promotion itself was beautiful but the fact that on both of these occasions I travelled with expectation at minimum and enjoyed the long journey back with pure elation and relief gave them that extra spice.

As nearly everyone else, Morrison’s 2nd goal at Hull, haven’t celebrated like that since Ben Turner scored at Wembley. It just felt like we were up after that goal.

I’d also have to say whilst the game was absolute garbage, Paterson’s goal away at Barnsley, which was actually a slide tackle and the 1-0 win. It was probably the 1st time I thought we may go up as had a stroke of luck that teams need to go up and to win ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Morrison collects the ball on the right (thought.....what's he doing there?). Gets passed a Hull player (thought....he's going to square it). What happens next will live in City folklore for decades. Calmly he slots the ball into the net. A striker's goal from a defender. For 1/10th of a second, total disbelief. And then that moment when you just know we are on our way to the Premier League. What happens next reminded me of the Grange End. Total bedlam, crowd surge. Unbridled joy. Mayhem. Suffice to say I had an unusual view of the underside of the stadium roof. If you could sum up the spirit and determination of the team in one goal, one moment, that was it. That's why we support City, for moments like Morrison's goal.
    That discription was poetry mate.
    Ging to work happy this morning. Cheers.��