+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fabianski

Fabianski

See he's already been in the media expressing his desire to leave the Jacks. With Etheridge definitely going to miss part of the season representing his country in the middle of next season, we will most certainly need a top quality goalkeeper. In a very poor team, he along with Mawson were very consistent throughout last season. On our doorstep, no relocation issues, we could do far worse than express an interest in him.

Re: Fabianski

I'd take him, their only decent player.

Would be a very good signing but I can't see it.

Good keeper, cried like a baby (crocodile tears) when he left the field on Sunday, so NO!

I'd take him, but wouldn't be cheap and possibly better spending elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Good keeper, cried like a baby (crocodile tears) when he left the field on Sunday, so NO!
    Maybe tears of Joy as he knew he was out of there

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    With Murphy our only other goalkeeper, this is a vital one for me. Apparently available for 5 mil. However, I expect there to be something of a queue for his services.

Blue in the Face

No for me. We need to spend our money displacing the biggest weaknesses in the team an GK isn't one of them on current form. We will need an experienced deputy and possibly an u23 with good potential.

Also for morale sake, I'm all for competition, but I think Etheridge more than deserves a shot at the PL football.

The two transfer rumours so far I reckon most likely to be true are Eldin Jakupovic and Paul Woolston.

Eldin Jakupovic set to leave Leicester City as Cardiff, Derby, Middlesbrough and West Brom express interest
    https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/spor...cester-1545577

Cardiff leading race for Newcastle’s England youth sensation Paul Woolston after impressive trial
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...remier-league/

Keeper's don't go for much so I'd be surprised if the Swans got more than 5-6mil for him. 33 years old and wants to leave, they can't be too fussy.

They won't get a huge fee for him as his contract expires next summer. So they'll have to sell him now or let him go for nothing next year. Not for us though as Etheridge deserves his chance and is much younger.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    They won't get a huge fee for him as his contract expires next summer. So they'll have to sell him now or let him go for nothing next year. Not for us though as Etheridge deserves his chance and is much younger.
    If we could get him for say 3m I'd go for it, as he's been one of the best keepers in the division

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    That was down to realising he can escape from the shithole

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    With Etheridge definitely going to miss part of the season representing his country in the middle of next season
    Asian Cup starts Jan 5th & runs until the end of January. Depending on success, Fa cup, & midseason break, I think he'll miss 3 or 4 games.

Fabianski is a yes for me.

Blue in the Face

If we are going to spend a fair few on a keeper, I'd much prefer us to get a younger player in. Danny Ward of Liverpool could be an obvious choice and perhaps one the only couple of Welsh signings that would suit us in the transfer window.

They want about Ł5m.
    May be difficult given his age and he's out of contract next season.

However I think he'll have better offers than us

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    Maybe tears of Joy as he knew he was out of there
    I heard he had a tweet inviting him to our Sunday parade and was overcome

A proven Premiership player would be an excellent signing but will get a number of offers.Other possibilities Danny Ward, Liverpool, Foster or Myhill of WBA or Tom Heaton of Burnley?

Yes I'd go for him normally, but Etheridge has been so good and Coyne has only played reserve football this season.

Worth it so we can have two Danny Wards.

Blue in the Face

Danny Ward will still be of interest to Huddersfield I'm sure. Ideally they will buy Jonas Lossl and there will be no bidding war for Ward who. I would suspect Ward would be on our shortlist but I would expect us to hunt for freebies first.

Etheridge is a brill keeper and think we underestimate him

Not sure on Etheridge definitely improved as season went on but let a lot of soft goals in early on.
    I don't think there's much between most keeper's apart from the very best. Problem with spending money trying to get fabianski is you are never going to recoup the money back.

On July 1st our only contracted keeper will be Neil Etheridge, who deserves to start as our number 1 next season.

We need a second keeper who will challenge him, cover injuries and the Asian cup timing. That 2nd keeper has to be at least as competent as NE.

Danny Ward still has 2 years left on his contract & only 2 loan players can be used in the Premier League.

Like it or not this is an area we'll have to pay money for. Fabianski is an ideal fit as is probably Carson or Foster, depending on salaries.

Personally I think Julian Speroni is a great option. He'll be without a club at the end of June & has played for NW before. Age should not be a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    On July 1st our only contracted keeper will be Neil Etheridge, who deserves to start as our number 1 next season.

We need a second keeper who will challenge him, cover injuries and the Asian cup timing. That 2nd keeper has to be at least as competent as NE.

Danny Ward still has 2 years left on his contract & only 2 loan players can be used in the Premier League.

Like it or not this is an area we'll have to pay money for. Fabianski is an ideal fit as is probably Carson or Foster, depending on salaries.

Personally I think Julian Speroni is a great option. He'll be without a club at the end of June & has played for NW before. Age should not be a factor.
    Age is a factor. He'll be 39 on Friday

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post

Danny Ward will leave Liverpool on a permenent transfer this window. Think he hinted as much in a recent tweet.

I don't like the idea of spending on old players who have peaked and will have no resale value or difficult to move on if we're relegated. If they are free it's a different matter.

For too long we've been making short term decisions at Cardiff. The manager and owner have to be true to their word and build something for the long term.

Age is a factor. He'll be 39 on Friday
    11 Premier League keepers over 34. Plenty of cod liver oil & he'll be fine!