+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fabianski

Re: Fabianski

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    11 Premier League keepers over 34. Plenty of cod liver oil & he'll be fine!
    How many over 39?

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Yes I'd go for him normally, but Etheridge has been so good and Coyne has only played reserve football this season.

Worth it so we can have two Danny Wards.

A unique new chant opportunity

Two Danny Wards.
    There’s only two Danny Wards

I’ll get my coat

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    On July 1st our only contracted keeper will be Neil Etheridge, who deserves to start as our number 1 next season.

We need a second keeper who will challenge him, cover injuries and the Asian cup timing. That 2nd keeper has to be at least as competent as NE.

Danny Ward still has 2 years left on his contract & only 2 loan players can be used in the Premier League.

Like it or not this is an area we'll have to pay money for. Fabianski is an ideal fit as is probably Carson or Foster, depending on salaries.

Personally I think Julian Speroni is a great option. He'll be without a club at the end of June & has played for NW before. Age should not be a factor.
    Lee Camp is still under contract for another year. Signed June 2017 on a 2 year deal.

After a nightmare season with injuries and awful form at Sunderland, I assume the club will want to move him on if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    See he's already been in the media expressing his desire to leave the Jacks. With Etheridge definitely going to miss part of the season representing his country in the middle of next season, we will most certainly need a top quality goalkeeper. In a very poor team, he along with Mawson were very consistent throughout last season. On our doorstep, no relocation issues, we could do far worse than express an interest in him.
    Any new keeper needs to understand that he would be second in line to Etheridge.
    I’d like to see Tom Heaton come back.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Any new keeper needs to understand that he would be second in line to Etheridge.
    I’d like to see Tom Heaton come back.
    Don't think Heaton would be content with a place on the bench at this stage of his career. If we were to sign either Heaton or Fabianski it would be down to them to fight it out during the course of pre season for that starting spot. Whoever we sign will be between the sticks when Neil is away. We are going to need 2 top keepers as a minimum regardless.