+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Moyes gone

Moyes gone

Another manager out the door

Re: Moyes gone

Indeed. Revolving door in full flow in the premier today. Not sure what more he could have done to be fair. Mad world of football.

Another deluded club.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Moyes back to Everton, Big Sam back to the Hammers - yes please , great moves all round if it happens
    Perhaps Woy might be Hammers target again and Pardew back to Palace. Twiple whammy

Well, we've just jumped on the money merrygoround that is the premiership whether we like it or not.
    All I hope is that this time next season, we still have our Neil.

Where do these clubs want to be? Like Everton finished 8th was it? Their limit is 7th. Never finishing above the top 6.

I thought he turned them around. West Ham are acting crazy. You can't become a big club overnight just because you've got a big stadium in a big city.

It's not going to happen West Ham! People liked you for being a plucky East End team with a tradition of playing decent football. Now everyone hates you for trying to be what you are not.

Not sure what the point of this sacking is. Top players moving to the capital will always prefer a move to Chelsea, Tottenham or Arsenal. The owners lack anything like the wealth to begin to compete with all the new billionaire clubs around. The Boleyn Ground was a great trip back when West Ham were a local club true to their roots. Fantasies of Champions League football have now been replaced by the reality of a lifetime tenancy in a soulless athletics stadium in Stratford.

West Ham Utd died when their own fans allowed their ground to be bulldozed to play in an Athletics stadium. They are an attraction for tourists to watch PL football. AFC London was born. West Ham United killed off.

Tony Cottee was on talk sport earlier fuming. Take West Ham to the next level?? They need stability for now, and Moyes was the man for that. Harsh I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    West Ham Utd died when their own fans allowed their ground to be bulldozed to play in an Athletics stadium. They are an attraction for tourists to watch PL football. AFC London was born. West Ham United killed off.
    Sadly this is true, another Wimbledon.
    Got talking to some of their fans last season and they ain't at all happy the way things have panned out.
    It's not as if it's anywhere near the Boleyn ground either and it was bad enough for us moving just across the road.

This is a club that just does not know what it wants or where it is going and any manager worth his salt would be crazy to go there.

Don’t worry about these merry go around Managers they get massive payoffs and then get another Premier League job. Big Sam got a reported 5million!

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Don’t worry about these merry go around Managers they get massive payoffs and then get another Premier League job. Big Sam got a reported 5million!
    I doubt people are worried about the managers, it's the fans that are the victims.

In Sam's case, he'll have his puppy dog eyes and sad jowls for the cameras but he'll be clicking his heels after the cameras stop rolling.

Do you realise that this makes Neil Warnock currently the 17th longest serving manager in the Premiership?

Delusions of grandeur springs to mind

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Sadly this is true, another Wimbledon.
    Got talking to some of their fans last season and they ain't at all happy the way things have panned out.
    It's not as if it's anywhere near the Boleyn ground either and it was bad enough for us moving just across the road.

This is a club that just does not know what it wants or where it is going and any manager worth his salt would be crazy to go there.
    Their new ground (which they got for a ****ing steal) is about 3 miles away from the old one, and still firmly in West ham territory.
    That's about twice as far as the Cardiff blues move to us a few years ago, not exactly Timbuktu.

I don't think they are high on the wishlist of football tourists either.
    To compare it to Wimbledon is ridiculous, what happened to them was scandalous.

What would have happened if West ham hadn't have gone there , but someone else had? I know spurs were interested at one point. A bigger more successful club with a shiny new stadium, right in the middle of your patch. Now that could have been then death of West ham.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Their new ground (which they got for a ****ing steal) is about 3 miles away from the old one, and still firmly in West ham territory.
    That's about twice as far as the Cardiff blues move to us a few years ago, not exactly Timbuktu.

I don't think they are high on the wishlist of football tourists either.
    To compare it to Wimbledon is ridiculous, what happened to them was scandalous.

What would have happened if West ham hadn't have gone there , but someone else had? I know spurs were interested at one point. A bigger more successful club with a shiny new stadium, right in the middle of your patch. Now that could have been then death of West ham.
    My reference to Wimbledon and thrust of my post, which you seem to have missed, was with regard to the fans being dumped on.

Interesting you should make reference to the Cardiff Blues move. You have inadvertently made my point stronger

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Where do these clubs want to be? Like Everton finished 8th was it? Their limit is 7th. Never finishing above the top 6.
    Statistically Everton under Allardyce weren't a bad team: the only stat BBC showed any negativity was number of shots.

But if you pay premier league prices and you are most likely to finish 6th-8th then you want more than Allardyce's style of football and finish 7th.

Moyes lost it when he admitted first day of the season that Sunderland were going down. Who in their right mind would hire that when modern managers like Wagner are available?