Available for £8m.

Derbys wage bill is £35m. This is their 11th season in the Championship

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...mpression=true

Re: Vydra

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    Available for £8m.

Unless wages are stupidly high, these are the type of players we should probably be going for.

Not for me, thanks.

Doesn’t improve what we have

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    Available for £8m.

Ageing squad too. They could be in very bad shape next season. No wonder they resorted to desperate measures to try and go up. They might be desperate to sell one or two later in the window. Lawrence and Wisdom might be the only ones with potential, but they're not premier league. Vydra on his day is class, but he hasn't looked impressive in the champ when I've seen him this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Ageing squad too. They could be in very bad shape next season. No wonder they resorted to desperate measures to try and go up. They might be desperate to sell one or two later in the window. Lawrence and Wisdom might be the only ones with potential, but they're not premier league. Vydra on his day is class, but he hasn't looked impressive in the champ when I've seen him this season.
    Derby fans not particularly impressed with Tom Lawrence.

He's scored 21 goals this season which implies that he is an improvement

Danny ward is surely of a similar level ?

Not good enough for our level now. Maybe 2 weeks ago.

We've moved on Griezman territory now

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    He's scored 21 goals this season which implies that he is an improvement
    THIS^^^^ 22

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    THIS^^^^ 22
    8 penalties in that though

Not that impressed with him, even with the goals he has scored

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    We've moved on Griezman territory now
    We need someone with real premier league experience, not some unknown from a tinpot European league

Vydra is a great player. In my opinion if we can get him for 8M we should.

Blue in the Face

Vydra is a great player on his day. I'm sceptical that he could be cut and pasted into our current team though. Though our team is likely to change over the next two months.

Where would he fit in the team? How would he work in a Warnock set up? What kind of players would he need around him?

Not for me, has played at premier league level and didn't perform, few good championship seasons but feel we are better trying our luck elsewhere

The only championship strikers I'd be interested in would be mitrovic who would be ideal, but very unlikely, and maybe at a push that diedhiu (sp?) at Bristol titty.

The thing we need is a finisher, Vydra is exactly that and would be an improvement on a strikeforce that managed 9 Cardiff City goals between them (Zohore & Madine)

He's scored more than our two main strikers did over the entire season, and that's counting Madine's goals for Bolton. If he's available I think he'd be an excellent signing

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    The only championship strikers I'd be interested in would be mitrovic who would be ideal, but very unlikely, and maybe at a push that diedhiu (sp?) at Bristol titty.
    diedhiou is fecking shit!

Vydra would be a great signing imo and if we went down we'll have a 20 + goal scorer

I think a fit Danny ward is a better asset than Vydra. I am not saying Vydra is not worth the money. But I think it can be used elsewhere on someone like Barry Bannon.
    Danny ward was beginning to impress me before his injury. Bags of pace. Will get us goals and give s some edge going forward next season.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    The thing we need is a finisher, Vydra is exactly that and would be an improvement on a strikeforce that managed 9 Cardiff City goals between them (Zohore & Madine)

He's scored more than our two main strikers did over the entire season, and that's counting Madine's goals for Bolton. If he's available I think he'd be an excellent signing
    He wouldn’t have scored 9 goals in our team last season

Last time our main failure was not getting the right striker in, this time it has to be done properly. If it’s the only thing we do I’ll be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    That Diedhiu was garbage against us, granted anyone would have found it hard next to that Diony.