Thread: Well done the Tory government

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Well done the Tory government

Never in a million years did I think I'd ever write that

But credit where it's due

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...inals-cut-to-2

Re: Well done the Tory government

The government are a bit all over the place on gambling. This is a positive move, if your business model survives on luring people to these machines then I say good riddance. However in background the government have transformed sports betting into little more than roulette with their licensing rules. Ethical firms like Pinnacle are forced out of our market, a cynic might suggest that those changes were less about protecting the consumer and more about protecting the status quo (instilling huge barriers to entry for new firms).

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    The government are a bit all over the place on gambling. This is a positive move, if your business model survives on luring people to these machines then I say good riddance. However in background the government have transformed sports betting into little more than roulette with their licensing rules. Ethical firms like Pinnacle are forced out of our market, a cynic might suggest that those changes were less about protecting the consumer and more about protecting the status quo (instilling huge barriers to entry for new firms).
    Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't put anything past this lot.

But whatever the motivation, I think it's got to be good that vulnerable people are now a little less likely to have their lives ruined by these machines

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Laughing Gammon.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Just strange that someone would call it 'our' market but not actually work in that market - hey ho.

But now then - back to familiar territory for you and a few others on here ..... Why arent you out protesting at the estimated 20,000 people who will lose their jobs because of this evil and nasty decision ?
    A govt wilfully destroying an industry, evil horrible bastards. ... etc
    Angry Gammon.

I loved the betting chains response , who said this will put 20 thousand jobs at risk , argh those jobs where you imprisoned one person behind a screen , who does everything from cleaning, locking up , and being abused by mad punters each day for next tk nothing money . Bloody close them all down ,turn them into coffee shops

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I loved the betting chains response , who said this will put 20 thousand jobs at risk , argh those jobs where you imprisoned one person behind a screen , who does everything from cleaning, locking up , and being abused by mad punters each day for next tk nothing money . Bloody close them all down ,turn them into coffee shops
    No-one is compelled to apply for or accept a job at a bookmaker's. The same can be said for any other employment in the UK you care to mention. Care to dispute those assertions?

As for them being imprisoned, what bollox.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Sherlock gammon.

So, F*** the workers in the betting shops who'll lose their jobs is basically what you are saying.

Interesting.

So, F*** the workers in the betting shops who'll lose their jobs is basically what you are saying.

Interesting.
    I can't recall offering an opinion on the merits of the policy but this new found care for the lot of the dispossessed working classes is quite becoming in one of Thatcher's disciples.

Interesting that the betting shops only have "Job losses" whilst Carillion have "job losses and hardship" in your own words.

Don't you think that the people in the betting shops who lose their jobs will have any hardship??
    From the interviews of actual folk working in these establishment's ,hard ship is already upon them , probaly stuck wworking in the environment to make ends meet , I do feel sorry for them ,as they do face a lot of hostility as reported by the police and workers .

The big gamble: the dangerous world of British betting shops

https://www.theguardian.com/business...y_to_clipboard

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    From the interviews of actual folk working in these establishment's ,hard ship is already upon them , probaly stuck wworking in the environment to make ends meet , I do feel sorry for them ,as they do face a lot of hostility as reported by the police and workers .

The big gamble: the dangerous world of British betting shops

https://www.theguardian.com/business...y_to_clipboard
    F*** them appears to be the prevailing attitude.

As is the F*** the workers attitude with regards to people working in meeting shops by certain hard left Corbynista's on here.

As is the F*** the workers attitude with regards to people working in meeting shops by certain hard left Corbynista's on here.
    You seem to have gone a little incoherent and potty mouthed. I suggest you put your feet up with a nice Rioja and see if that brings the colour back to your cheeks.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    You seem to have gone a little incoherent and potty mouthed. I suggest you put your feet up with a nice Rioja and see if that brings the colour back to your cheeks.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post

A wise man once said

It's like dealing with someone suffering from Tourettes. They keep shouting out meaningless words and phrases all the time.

No. I did notice.

I also noticed you called others a couple of children.
    Well Ninian asked a question. I answered respectfully and then you both became hysterical and weird.

Well Ninian asked a question. I answered respectfully and then you both became hysterical and weird.
    The only "hysterical and weird" poster that I can see on this thread is the barking mad one that keeps shouting "Gammon" at everyone who doesn't agree with her.

I don't accept that the government should be applauded for limiting people's choices. Age restrictions exist for entering betting shops so it's not as if children use those machines.

Not children, no. But the truly stupid who need to be saved from themselves.