+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 21,200 season tickets sold so far.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Re: 21,200 season tickets sold so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Taughtology more like. The poster concerned learned how to spell the word concerned.

Tauntology a subject of study; a branch of knowledge related to Taunton

International

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Sorry your are wrong , the poster was correct tortology is the qualification you attain when you become a fully qualified tortoise handler
    That's a bit slow!!!
    (Or should that be sloe?)

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    Tauntology a subject of study; a branch of knowledge related to Taunton
    :tbg:

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Does this figure include Premier tickets and corporate? How many are there of these.

Anyone know whats happening to the middle seats in the Ninian?
    Looking at what has been sold online and given the main bowl is virtually sold out, less about 2-300 tickets then the 21200 can't include Hospitality- it even appears there's 1000+ gone in the top tier.

Middle seats in the Ninian seem to be selling, albeit slowly and with the odd seat heee and there appearing in other areas of the ground a lot seem to going due to people moving up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Looking at what has been sold online and given the main bowl is virtually sold out, less about 2-300 tickets then the 21200 can't include Hospitality- it even appears there's 1000+ gone in the top tier.

Middle seats in the Ninian seem to be selling, albeit slowly and with the odd seat heee and there appearing in other areas of the ground a lot seem to going due to people moving up there.
    I think about 1500ish total seats in hospitality

I think about 1500ish total seats in hospitality
    The figure doesn’t include hospitality... I was looking at it (hospitality) myself and Damon Searle has said it’s sold out part from Premier seats. This was a few weeks ago.

I reckon over 23,000 have gone.

How many season tickets are available in total?

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    The figure doesn’t include hospitality... I was looking at it (hospitality) myself and Damon Searle has said it’s sold out part from Premier seats. This was a few weeks ago.

I reckon over 23,000 have gone.

How many season tickets are available in total?

10% for away support
    10% for walk ups

Rest can be season tickets except for hospitality but these are all included in the ground total as they’re all counted whether or not any one attends

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    10% for away support
    10% for walk ups

Rest can be season tickets except for hospitality but these are all included in the ground total as they’re all counted whether or not any one attends
    4,000 left to sell then , quite a lot really.

International

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    Innit.

Season tickets were poor last season.
    Season tickets are looking good for next season.
    Have they changed the colour??

I worked the figure out for myself.
    If the figure of 21k included the hospitality it would only be 19k sold - given 1000 have gone for the top level then that's only 18k gone in the main bowl, yet there's only about 200 left .
    Doesn't add up. Main bowl holds 26k, less 3k away.
    So where are the other 5k empty seats ?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I reckon we’ll flog a few more when the fixtures come out in a months time.
    I wonder who we'll be playing.

I worked the figure out for myself.
    If the figure of 21k included the hospitality it would only be 19k sold - given 1000 have gone for the top level then that's only 18k gone in the main bowl, yet there's only about 200 left .
    Doesn't add up. Main bowl holds 26k, less 3k away.
    So where are the other 5k empty seats ?
    How do you know there are only 200 left in the main bowl? Don't tell me you are relying on E-ticketing? Mate, you need to stay off that thing.

If the club are saying we have sold 21000 then in all likelihood that's how many we have sold. Why would they disregard those who have bought season tickets in cooperate areas? A season ticket is a season ticket is it not? I'd love to be proved wrong though as the more season ticket holders we have the better but for now I have no reason to doubt the official figures coming out of the club. Hopefully we'll shift at least another 2 or 3 thousand before now and the start of the season (better had otherwise you know who will be back on his soapbox).

Quote Originally Posted by Cozoni Wam View Post
    How do you know there are only 200 left in the main bowl? Don't tell me you are relying on E-ticketing? Mate, you need to stay off that thing.

If the club are saying we have sold 21000 then in all likelihood that's how many we have sold. Why would they disregard those who have bought season tickets in cooperate areas? A season ticket is a season ticket is it not? I'd love to be proved wrong though as the more season ticket holders we have the better but for now I have no reason to doubt the official figures coming out of the club. Hopefully we'll shift at least another 2 or 3 thousand before now and the start of the season (better had otherwise you know who will be back on his soapbox).
    The OP suggested we’d be guaranteed 27k inc corporate (3k) and away fans (3k). He seems well informed and I believe he’ll be close in his predictions

I don't get to enough home games to warrant a season ticket so will rely on membership instead once more. Hopefully I'll be able to get to same amount of games again

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    The OP suggested we’d be guaranteed 27k inc corporate (3k) and away fans (3k). He seems well informed and I believe he’ll be close in his predictions
    I will be absolutely delighted to be proven wrong. But why would the club want us to think that we have sold less season tickets than we actually have?

I will be absolutely delighted to be proven wrong. But why would the club want us to think that we have sold less season tickets than we actually have?
    I honestly don’t know but perhaps the fact that corporate seats are sold differently ie different people could turn up each game, means they’re counted separately?

ccfcwelshlad seems to be very well connected in the club so I reckon this might explain it.

The hospitality stuff is all sold seperately.

It's a strange arrangement.

So yes, I believe that the 21200 does not include the corporate.

And why ignore the eticketing ?

Why would the club when there's only a small number of tickets for sale intentionally hold thousands back ?

The hospitality stuff is all sold seperately.

It's a strange arrangement.

So yes, I believe that the 21200 does not include the corporate.

And why ignore the eticketing ?

Why would the club when there's only a small number of tickets for sale intentionally hold thousands back ?
    Well I hope you are right, just had my fingers burnt too many times over the past year that's all

As regards E ticketing, you know as well as I do that it can often be extremely misleading. How many times have you looked at it and thought "wow, we must be up to at least 24000 already" only for the official attendance to fall way short of that mark? Its impossible to say with any real confidence exactly how many we have sold based on e ticketing as you just dont know how many tickets they are keeping back from sale. The Reading game for example, there were no tickets left according to E ticketing at one point, but the game didnt sell out completely until the following day.

It can give you some sort of an idea how well tickets are selling yes but you have still got to be careful with it IMO.

Well I hope you are right, just had my fingers burnt too many times over the past year that's all

As regards E ticketing, you know as well as I do that it can often be extremely misleading. How many times have you looked at it and thought "wow, we must be up to at least 24000 already" only for the official attendance to fall way short of that mark? Its impossible to say with any real confidence exactly how many we have sold based on e ticketing as you just dont know how many tickets they are keeping back from sale. The Reading game for example, there were no tickets left according to E ticketing at one point, but the game didnt sell out completely until the following day.

It can give you some sort of an idea how well tickets are selling yes but you have still got to be careful with it IMO.
    I agree you have to be careful and I've learnt that sometimes a block may seem sold out, but there will be tickets held back etc.., but in this case the number that would have to have been held back would be so many to not really make any sense.

I still cant stay away from it mind you. Its like crack to an attendance geek like me. Even now I am tempted to find out how many tickets we've sold since Wednesday.

Must resist.

Issit BIS?

I agree you have to be careful and I've learnt that sometimes a block may seem sold out, but there will be tickets held back etc.., but in this case the number that would have to have been held back would be so many to not really make any sense.
    I agree - eticketing should be pretty accurate on this occassion (other than the three blocks blocked out in the top tier).

Any news on what they're going to do with the middle section of the Ninian?

I think it's a shame that they increased the prices for the final batch of season ticket sales. With the club receiving so much TV money, £600 for a standard seat pushes things in my view - don't see them selling much more than a further thousand in total before the start of the season. I presume those £600 seats will be priced at ~£45/game on a game-by-game basis.

Will be interesting to see how much the club will charge away fans at the CCS. Don't they need to charge the same as the equivalent seat would be charged to home fans? Given that there won't be any main bowl seats available to home fans, there won't be a direct comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Ger27 View Post
    I agree - eticketing should be pretty accurate on this occassion (other than the three blocks blocked out in the top tier).

Any news on what they're going to do with the middle section of the Ninian?

I think it's a shame that they increased the prices for the final batch of season ticket sales. With the club receiving so much TV money, £600 for a standard seat pushes things in my view - don't see them selling much more than a further thousand in total before the start of the season. I presume those £600 seats will be priced at ~£45/game on a game-by-game basis.

Will be interesting to see how much the club will charge away fans at the CCS. Don't they need to charge the same as the equivalent seat would be charged to home fans? Given that there won't be any main bowl seats available to home fans, there won't be a direct comparison.
    There's a £30 max charge for away fans.

I thought the centre section of Ninian was going to go Corporate if demand was there. So not sure on that.

Maybe they will be kept for any time where we have to move families for a big away following?

As for Ninian Upper , I think the club had to increase prices as there has to be an incentive to buy early.

Maybe they could have added half the increase after the Reading game and the other half after end of May ?

If they don't sell- and there aren't an awful lot left then perhaps they can offer them to people in other parts of the ground ( if they have say had season tickets for 3 years or something) to move to, meaning there will be cheaper tickets released elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I honestly don’t know but perhaps the fact that corporate seats are sold differently ie different people could turn up each game, means they’re counted separately?

ccfcwelshlad seems to be very well connected in the club so I reckon this might explain it.
    There are no more tickets being sold in The Sytner Lounge now (Level 4 Grandstand) as they want to retain some for members' guests. Apparently, they will be opening up a new Sytner Lounge in the Ninian Stand, but it will be much smaller.

Got this from the club today.

Quote Originally Posted by Ger27 View Post
    I was told by the ticket office that 511/512/517 would not be put on sale for season tickets as they had to be held back for walk-up sales, hence the reason they're blocked out on eticketing