+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 21,200 season tickets sold so far.

Re: 21,200 season tickets sold so far.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think 21,000 in our penultimate home game in a season where we got promoted to the Premier League is low.

Usually I would say Forest game was a poor crowd, however , it was live on Sky with a 7.45 kick off on a Saturday night.

This probably affected Forest support (say 800) and about 2,000 home fans.

I think taking into account the above, it wasn’t too bad at attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Reported: tortology!!!
    Tautology

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Tautology
    👍

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I thought you packed it in last season ?
    I went from 5 STs originally down to 2, as my lads got jobs / went to Uni. I downgraded to Zone4 as well & ended up in block 111 (corner), I've moved back to 115 for next season.

What I've packed in was my addiction to going to every game home & away since I got my ST in '98.

So the season just gone I've split between City, Forest Green & Cinderford, so I probably still did 50 games but 1/2 the mileage.

Next seasons test will come when I get the craving for away games again!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Was only a few weeks ago a few people were arguing our crowds were low - and this was due to the style of football and the rebrand. They genuinely believed it aswell.
    For a team going for automatic promotion from the Championship, I'd regard crowds of 15,951 (Ipswich), 16,335 (Brentford), 17,033 (Norwich), 16,013 (Bolton) and 16,176 (Barnsley) as being low, especially there were reported to be far fewer people actually in the ground on each occasion.

I'd also argue that an average Championship attendance of 20,164 for a team in City's position was low, especially as 12 other clubs achieved a higher average (and in all but two cases a significantly higher average) and the club's own average has been higher for the majority of the seasons since it moved to the CCS.

I genuinely believe that as well, but the fact that the Premier League bandwagon is well and truly rolling once more and 21,000+ have suddenly become diehard supporters obviously invalidates any argument over the level of City's Championship crowds.

Like I say if sales were poor this would be a 10 pager by now. As it’s going well it won’t get onto the 2nd page.
    It will now.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I moved my seats yesterday and asked about the upper tier. They're keeping 511, 512 & 517 (so the ends of the upper tier) for general sale.
    That's good news. Would prefer to be in the lower Ninian with my brother, but the view's better from above!

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It will now.

Stirrer!

For a team going for automatic promotion from the Championship, I'd regard crowds of 15,951 (Ipswich), 16,335 (Brentford), 17,033 (Norwich), 16,013 (Bolton) and 16,176 (Barnsley) as being low, especially there were reported to be far fewer people actually in the ground on each occasion.

I'd also argue that an average Championship attendance of 20,164 for a team in City's position was low, especially as 12 other clubs achieved a higher average (and in all but two cases a significantly higher average) and the club's own average has been higher for the majority of the seasons since it moved to the CCS.

I genuinely believe that as well, but the fact that the Premier League bandwagon is well and truly rolling once more and 21,000+ have suddenly become diehard supporters obviously invalidates any argument over the level of City's Championship crowds.

Ok i'll bite.

Sub-20k crowds were inevitable this season with only 12-14k season ticket holders, especially for evening fixtures (Bolton, Barnsley, Norwich). The Brentford match kicked off at the same time as a Wales international Rugby match which again will have affected the attendance.

There are always fewer people in the ground than announced as season ticket holders are counted whether they turn up or not. Sunderland for example have averaged over 27000 this season, despite the fact there have been reportedly fewer than 15000 in the ground for some of their matches.

Of the 12 clubs you mention, 10 had an average attendance greater than our ALL TIME HIGH average attendance at this level since moving to the CCS (23k, 2011). The majority of them have also spent many years at the highest level and generally speaking the best supported clubs are the ones that have spent the most time at the highest level.

As for your last comment, we had already sold 16k season tickets as of the beginning of April (according to Neil Warnock) and that figure had risen quite sharply by the time we played Reading. So even if we had remained in the championship, we would have been looking at much higher crowds next season regardless of performance. So the bandwagon was already chugging along quite nicely even before the club had clinched promotion to the Premier League.

I know I am going to regret this but what the hell....

Quote Originally Posted by Cozoni Wam View Post
    Ok i'll bite.

Sub-20k crowds were inevitable this season with only 12-14k season ticket holders, especially for evening fixtures (Bolton, Barnsley, Norwich). The Brentford match kicked off at the same time as a Wales international Rugby match which again will have affected the attendance.

There are always fewer people in the ground than announced as season ticket holders are counted whether they turn up or not. Sunderland for example have averaged over 27000 this season, despite the fact there have been reportedly fewer than 15000 in the ground for some of their matches.

Of the 12 clubs you mention, 10 had an average attendance greater than our ALL TIME HIGH average attendance at this level since moving to the CCS (23k, 2011). The majority of them have also spent many years at the highest level and generally speaking the best supported clubs are the ones that have spent the most time at the highest level.

As for your last comment, we had already sold 16k season tickets as of the beginning of April (according to Neil Warnock) and that figure had risen quite sharply by the time we played Reading. So even if we had remained in the championship, we would have been looking at much higher crowds next season regardless of performance. So the bandwagon was already chugging along quite nicely even before the club had clinched promotion to the Premier League.

I know I am going to regret this but what the hell....

- sits back and waits for pages to rack up...

I'd agree they were low, although I'd say that most of the time (because of the way that season tickets are sold), average attendance over a course of the season is connected more closely to the fortunes of the team in the previous two seasons.

For example, Swansea's average next season will be higher than it was than the season they got promoted.
    If City go straight back down and finish mid table in the Championship the crowds will still be higher than this season.

Considering CCFC has more internal critics than equivalent clubs and there are still some people alienated by the effects of the rebrand, not to mention the Slade/Trollope era, I'd say this season's average is exactly what I'd expect

Quote Originally Posted by BR1 Bluebird View Post
    Considering CCFC has more internal critics than equivalent clubs and there are still some people alienated by the effects of the rebrand, not to mention the Slade/Trollope era, I'd say this season's average is exactly what I'd expect
    Personally, I'd have expected it to be a little higher, even given the historical background. Having said that, I genuinely believe there was a significant percentage of people who did attend the occasional game but would have attended at least a few more had the football itself been of a better quality and more entertaining. Indeed, I've actually spoken to several people who fall into that particular bracket and I'm one of them myself (although I wouldn't have paid for a ticket anyway, so I don't really count towards the average).

Personally, I'd have expected it to be a little higher, even given the historical background. Having said that, I genuinely believe there was a significant percentage of people who did attend the occasional game but would have attended at least a few more had the football itself been of a better quality and more entertaining. Indeed, I've actually spoken to several people who fall into that particular bracket and I'm one of them myself (although I wouldn't have paid for a ticket anyway, so I don't really count towards the average).
    Possibly, yes. Although a winning team generally attracts more fans than an average team with more exciting football. The ideal would of course be to win and be consistently beautiful to watch.

Bit more deja vu

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Bit more deja vu
    Innit.

Season tickets were poor last season.
    Season tickets are looking good for next season.

It will now.

Quote Originally Posted by BR1 Bluebird View Post
    I'd agree they were low, although I'd say that most of the time (because of the way that season tickets are sold), average attendance over a course of the season is connected more closely to the fortunes of the team in the previous two seasons.

For example, Swansea's average next season will be higher than it was than the season they got promoted.
    If City go straight back down and finish mid table in the Championship the crowds will still be higher than this season.

This is a good point. Average crowds are more of a reflection of the previous 2 seasons.

Everyone is talking about swansea’s crowds dropping now/ well I believe they will still average 18k minimum even if they go straight back down and the ground slowly starts to empty week by week. It’s the season after that could be interesting. Likewise even if we go straight back down our crowds will initially look really good on paper- even if we re appoint Paul Trollope.

Any news on the Jacks season tickets sales?
    Although they got relegated they still play the swansea way dont they ?

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Any news on the Jacks season tickets sales?
    Although they got relegated they still play the swansea way dont they ?
    I thought they’d sold out (about 15k?) every year in advance for about 9 years now.

I thought they’d sold out (about 15k?) every year in advance for about 9 years now.
    Yeah its the season after that they will have problems. ST s already bought expecting PL football.😂

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Yeah its the season after that they will have problems. ST s already bought expecting PL football.��
    The last time the jacks were in the top flight it was for one season, they subsequently plummeted back to the basement and inevitably their attendances followed suit. This time, of course, they spent what, seven seasons up there and have presumably accumulated a bigger loyal fan base than ever before. It’ll be interesting to see how many will stick by them if they don’t bounce back or if they do a Sunderland.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    The last time the jacks were in the top flight it was for one season, they subsequently plummeted back to the basement and inevitably their attendances followed suit. This time, of course, they spent what, seven seasons up there and have presumably accumulated a bigger loyal fan base than ever before. It’ll be interesting to see how many will stick by them if they don’t bounce back or if they do a Sunderland.
    This is where the indecision over expanding their ground will bite them in the arse. They've got such a low bar, you don't need many to fall away from 21k for it to look disastrous.

They did indeed sell out..

Hugh and Marty trousered the cash .

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Sorry your are wrong , the poster was correct tortology is the qualification you attain when you become a fully qualified tortoise handler
    Taughtology more like. The poster concerned learned how to spell the word concerned.

Does this figure include Premier tickets and corporate? How many are there of these.

Anyone know whats happening to the middle seats in the Ninian?