+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: New Kit ?

New Kit ?

Anyone have an idea when the new kit will be on sale ?

Re: New Kit ?

As ever the club are cagey about it for no apparent reason. They would be mental not to make the most of the good feeling around the promotion.

This seasons kits are on sale half price at the moment. So I’m guessing it’s imminent.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    As ever the club are cagey about it for no apparent reason. They would be mental not to make the most of the good feeling around the promotion.
    I agree. I don't understand why they just don't announce when it's due!

Photoshoot was done weeks ago. I'm wondering if there's things still TBD such as sleeve sponsor etc.
    Most teams don't have theirs revealed yet either.

Quote Originally Posted by BR1 Bluebird View Post
    Photoshoot was done weeks ago. I'm wondering if there's things still TBD such as sleeve sponsor etc.
    Most teams don't have theirs revealed yet either.
    Have you got a link for the photo shoot ? Can’t find it anywhere.

I imagine the cost of sponsoring the kit has just jumped up so maybe they’re getting some offers other than just the word Malaysia

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Have you got a link for the photo shoot ? Can’t find it anywhere.
    It was just of the players going to the photo shoot not a photo of the kits.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I imagine the cost of sponsoring the kit has just jumped up so maybe they’re getting some offers other than just the word Malaysia
    Plus the fact that new interest in sponsoring the kit may have emerged. I'd expect this to take a while to sort out in all honesty

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Plus the fact that new interest in sponsoring the kit may have emerged. I'd expect this to take a while to sort out in all honesty
    Surely club negotiate with sponsors before the season is over based on different eventualities.

Surely club negotiate with sponsors before the season is over based on different eventualities.
    You'd think so but doesn't stop new interest emerging. I'd hope the Club are trying to maximise their income stream from this as it could be an important additional funding route if handled well. I think we're going to get a lot of publicity next year simply because of NW and we should be capitalising on that.

Probably less likely if there’s a chance of being in a different league and the cost of it being completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Agree with this. Wasn't Tan wholly paying for the shirt logo as he couldn't get official sanction?

I expect both the shirt & stadium sponsorship to be under negotiation. I wouldn't expect anything for a couple of months.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Probably less likely if there’s a chance of being in a different league and the cost of it being completely different.
    But surely you'd have brands approaching you saying "Right, if you go up we'd like to do this…"
    You can't do all your off the pitch business solely in the offseason.

But surely you'd have brands approaching you saying "Right, if you go up we'd like to do this…"
    Why not? Play offs haven’t even finished yet there’s plenty of time. The sponsor will probably cost more than double what it would have in the championship with all the extra exposure.

They probably have the kits and the photo shoots and could just photoshop on the new sponsor if they don’t already have one.

Yeah and the club would probably gamble on going up and being able to charge loads more.

Really hope for once we get a unique design but can't see it happening with Adidas

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    What about this beauty someone designed
    https://mobile.twitter.com/MarkLewis...84988717174786
    I like it

Talking to someone at the club shop, new kit is to be launched on 30th June.