+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FA Cup final

Re: FA Cup final

You struggle to remember last week, Dai, you addled old fecker.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    You struggle to remember last week, Dai, you addled old fecker.
    I can't tell you what I had for breakfast but I can still remember how disappointing that game was.

The only good hing about that game is that it makes me feel more confident about next season.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    The only good hing about that game is that it makes me feel more confident about next season.
    I'd like to see us go toe-to-toe against Man Utd.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Awful game waste of 2 hours of beautiful weather ffs
    I didn’t waste it totally - I went and cut the lawn at HT. Sometimes life is just too good...

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    How in gods name has Phil Jones been picked to go to the World Cup. Smalling is bad but he's ten times better than Jones. He's got no pace, can't tackle, gets caught out of position, invariably mis-heads high balls and continually passes to the opposition. The faces he pulls, when he has been embarrassed yet again by a forward, can only be classified as gurning at its very best. Top class forwards at the world cup will be licking their lips at the thought of him playing. They will be lucky to get points against Panama.
    Let's hope he plays in the group stage matches.

I think a yellow card was correct, rashford been pathetic
    Rashford is diabolical. How did he get in the England WC squad?

Pogba, what an absolute clown.

I think a yellow card was correct, rashford been pathetic
    Red every day of the week, rules are he was the last man (goalkeeper does not count) ref got it wrong again as he did for the Young handball he was looking straight at it, Young moved his arm to stop the ball going toward goal

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Red every day of the week, rules are he was the last man (goalkeeper does not count) ref got it wrong again as he did for the Young handball he was looking straight at it, Young moved his arm to stop the ball going toward goal
    The rules are that in the box it's a yellow if he's last man and goes for the ball, red if he's last man and just takes out the player. Double jeopardy cos they get a penalty anyway was brought in a couple of years ago.
    As clumsy as he was in think Jones went for the ball so yellow was correct.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    The rules are that in the box it's a yellow if he's last man and goes for the ball, red if he's last man and just takes out the player. Double jeopardy cos they get a penalty anyway was brought in a couple of years ago.
    As clumsy as he was in think Jones went for the ball so yellow was correct.
    Sorry but you are partly wrong there, you are right about taking out the man as that is classed as dangerous play, but if you foul and you are last man, no matter if you went for the ball, it is a red.
    Last man = a red
    dangerous play = red

There was another Man Yoo player in line with Hazard running back to goal. Entirely possible could have blocked any shot on goal line.

Yellow was the correct decision

Nope, that's not what the rules say - not only because it was in the area, as pointed out, but also there is no 'last man' in the rules (laws).

It's little wonder people get confused with the rules. This article on Joe, supposedly a sporting website, thinks that 'last man' in common usage refers to the attacker and not defender.

https://www.joe.ie/uncategorized/fou...offence-399749

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Nope, that's not what the rules say - not only because it was in the area, as pointed out, but also there is no 'last man' in the rules (laws).
    Actually you are right, no last man rule, but there is a law which says " Denying a goal scoring opportunity"

It's little wonder people get confused with the rules. This article on Joe, supposedly a sporting website, thinks that 'last man' in common usage refers to the attacker and not defender.

https://www.joe.ie/uncategorized/fou...offence-399749
    That article was 4 years ago, it has been changed since then

That article was 4 years ago, it has been changed since then
    I'm aware of that, I'm calling the article a load of shite not holding it up as an example.

Anyway, spend less time doing thumbs up and more time reading the latest rules; bloop is correct in his post.

I disagree but if you can show me different then I will agree with you both ( No thumbs up as you seem to dislike them)

I disagree but if you can show me different then I will agree with you both ( No thumbs up as you seem to dislike them)
    If you put any combination of "red card" "penalty area" "football laws" "goalscoring opportunity" etc into google you can find dozens of articles about it. Here's one.

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...e-penalty-area

Gone quiet

Gone quiet
    Yes
    Pretty conclusive and end of argument I'd say... good refereeing decision.