+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Opening game of the new season, who would you like to start off against?

Opening game of the new season, who would you like to start off against?

I'd take Huddersfield at home first game.

Couple of lesser sides first month to get some points on the board.

Whilst last time round it was good to play Man City early before they found their stride, I think this time round December would do me when it's nice and cold.

Re: Opening game of the new season, who would you like to start off against?

Newcastle home,I think we will be really up for our first game and this will test us and hopefully get off to a flying start.

Dont really mind, just hope we don't end up with a nightmare run in.

Quote Originally Posted by Cozoni Wam View Post
    Dont really mind, just hope we don't end up with a nightmare run in.
    Tottenham at home is the most likely opener.
    Anyone want to explain why?

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    Tottenham at home is the most likely opener.
    Anyone want to explain why?
    Could Tottenham request that they play their first few games away from home if their new home isn't ready? Why us though I don't know.

Home against Brighton, Palace, Huddersfield, Watford, Burnley...anyone of them.

It's Manchester City .

It will be a toughie knowing the EPL

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Could Tottenham request that they play their first few games away from home if their new home isn't ready? Why us though I don't know.
    I think Spurs have already requested several aways at the start of the season to allow time for their stadium to be completed. So, best guess for first match at home is Spurs.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    I think Spurs have already requested several aways at the start of the season to allow time for their stadium to be completed. So, best guess for first match at home is Spurs.
    Correct. Have a cigar.
    If they are drawn at home early on it will be swapped to the away fixture.... so Spurs at home has twice as many chances of occurring as any other fixture.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    Correct. Have a cigar.
    If they are drawn at home early on it will be swapped to the away fixture.... so Spurs at home has twice as many chances of occurring as any other fixture.
    And hopefully Kane, Alli, Tripier & Dier will be knackered after their three games in the World Cup.

The way Manure played yesterday, I hope it's them.

The boys would frigging murder 'um. Shite all over the pitch.

Watford / Huddersfield at home.

Man City - not a great pre-season due to world cup

Man City away/home, get it out of the way

I think it will be Palace away

Would prefer one of the big guns at home. Full house and lots of noise and 3 points on the board.
    Spedger