+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff Met FC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cardiff Met FC

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Well, we couldn't loan tonnes of players to a Cardiff based side, therefore they'd not be under contract to us. Teams could then easily poach them.

It's a nice enough idea but there are far too many logistical problems to prevent it ever being reasonable.

Any quality youths we have need to be loaned out to Championship, League one, league Two at a pinch. Any lower indicates they aren't long term solutions for us.
    Kind of model I was thinking was feeder club ish.

Not playing as ccfc but some kind of way of working with Cardiff met and/or Barry. Accept what you say but I’m thinking more 17/18 year olds id rather see playing in WPL with men than with kids. If a league 2 club would take them then great but in reality that’s not happening.

Re: Cardiff Met FC

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Kind of model I was thinking was feeder club ish.

Not playing as ccfc but some kind of way of working with Cardiff met and/or Barry. Accept what you say but I’m thinking more 17/18 year olds id rather see playing in WPL with men than with kids. If a league 2 club would take them then great but in reality that’s not happening.
    I agree about men vs kids - that's why the old reserve league was better in that regard than the DVP setups.

The problem we have is that we've been unable to loan our youngsters out to league clubs. That indicates even lower division clubs can either get better than what we have to offer or our youngsters aren't as good as believed.