+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff Met FC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cardiff Met FC

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I've long thought that there should be a representative "B" side for Cardiff in the Welsh pyramid to replace our Under 23s. Not the official "Cardiff City" but something like Cardiff FC linked to City so the youth players can ply competitive football
    As we've seen at Academy levels, playing FAW sides ends up in a lopsided victory to us.

There's no way FAW would sanction our u23 side playing in WPL. It would be embarassing for our kids to beat "Welsh" sides handily. We'd also have the issue of playing in two different national leagues, which would be a no-no.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    As we've seen at Academy levels, playing FAW sides ends up in a lopsided victory to us.

There's no way FAW would sanction our u23 side playing in WPL. It would be embarassing for our kids to beat "Welsh" sides handily. We'd also have the issue of playing in two different national leagues, which would be a no-no.
    A Cardiff based side linked with Cardiff City, it would generate more awareness and interest in a league full of village sides. Play only Welsh youth players and therefore improving the division & Welsh youth sides

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    A Cardiff based side linked with Cardiff City, it would generate more awareness and interest in a league full of village sides. Play only Welsh youth players and therefore improving the division & Welsh youth sides
    Well, we couldn't loan tonnes of players to a Cardiff based side, therefore they'd not be under contract to us. Teams could then easily poach them.

It's a nice enough idea but there are far too many logistical problems to prevent it ever being reasonable.

Any quality youths we have need to be loaned out to Championship, League one, league Two at a pinch. Any lower indicates they aren't long term solutions for us.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post

It's a nice enough idea but there are far too many logistical problems to prevent it ever being reasonable.

Didn't Hammam investigate the possibility of purchasing Cwmbran when they were in the Welsh first tier, and to effectively loan out 'internationally' between Cardiff and Cwmbran?

If memory serves I think this actually went to UEFA for review and with them closing the door on the matter and due to the required loan out/ and return mechanism over a season.