+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cardiff Met FC

Re: Cardiff Met FC

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    The last time TNS failed to progress past the CL first round is 2007, so I'd say its likely they'll progress to the second qualifying round, the days of getting absolutely hammered by no-hopers seems to be in the past. I'd say the new ruling gives TNS at least 6 European games a year
    Things are different this year - they won't have the luxury of being able to play a team from San Marino, Gibraltar or Andorra as they'll go out in the preliminary group.

They'll almost certainly play one from the following countries: Slovenia, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovakia, ROI, Georgia, Estonia, Montenegro, Lithuania, Armenia, Kosovo, Luxembourg, Iceland, Northern Ireland, Faroes, Malta.

They're not going to be favourites against the first half of that list.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Furthermore if you win your domestic league and get knocked out of the CL early on you now enter the Europa league. As a consequence my guess is TNS will have at least 8 games in Europe this summer ending in a knockout to a very decent side. It’s wasted on them as they have no fans (really they don’t) but a side like Merthyr would have tremendous fun.
    Who’s saying Merthyr would be admitted to the league ?

WPL teams might tell them to start in Welsh LeagueDiv 3 like Barry and Llanelli had to

Also in terms of having a team in the league, it sounds above idea, but we would face a similar problem.

Also from what I’ve seen the pitches are mostly crap.
    Warnock wouldn’t like that.

Maybe better to play selected friendlies at the decent grounds

most pitches are now half decent in the WPL lawnmower

hey father Dougal noticed 2 barry players in the welsh futsal squad announced today ahead of there friendly with Andorra . my lad made it in too

https://twitter.com/WXMFutsal/status/998962518365233152