+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Retained list? / Out of contract players

Retained list? / Out of contract players

I've not seen any mention of a retained list yet. This is usually the out of contract players who are not getting new deals.

According to an article on Sky Sports website we have six players out of contract

Junior Hoilett (27)
    Aron Gunnarsson (29)
    Fred (30)
    Greg Halford (33)
    Brian Murphy (35)
    Ibrahim Meite (21)

Hoilett I imagine will get a new deal, Gunnarsson seems to divide opinion, do we want him or even does he want us?

I think the other four can go, we can finally get Fred off the books. Halford and Murphy have done their jobs but we need better for the Premier League.

Re: Retained list? / Out of contract players

I'd keep Hoilett and Murphy.

Hoilett, duh, no brainer - only issue would be if he feels he could get a massive pay day elsewhere.

Murphy is a solid keeper, good enough as a number 2 / 3. Able to fill in for games here and there. Also not going to be a big earner either.

Keep Hoilett & Murphy.
    As much as I’d like to see Gunnars have a great season with us I also believe we need to have new better players and somebody has to make way.

Two other players under the radar are Rhys Healey and Kadeem Harris.
    We have invested a lot in them for minimal return. There are a lot of good players who just need the right chance. After all their injury troubles and false starts could they now surprise us.

I think we'll offer deals to Hoilett and Gunnar and let the rest go. Camp will be our third choice keeper, we won't be able to shift him after his loan at Sunderland.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I think we'll offer deals to Hoilett and Gunnar and let the rest go. Camp will be our third choice keeper, we won't be able to shift him after his loan at Sunderland.
    Don't tell me we gave him more than a 1 year contract

This is the full list of the 10 players out of contract at the end of June

Murphy,
    Wilson,
    Konopka
    Coxe,
    Halford,
    Gunnarsson,
    Hoilett
    Fred,
    Meite,
    Kennedy.

All the noises up to and including the end of season awards night were that Hoilett would accept his new contract offer. I hope so.

I would also like us to keep Gunnar, Coxe and Murphy (professional No. 3 keeper).