+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Alexander still going strong

Alexander still going strong

Re: Alexander still going strong

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    Wasn’t it Livingston we signed him from all those years ago?

Had to smile at him saving a penalty today as my first thought about him is how bad he was at penalties! Consistently flopping to one side as the player placed it in the other corner. My other memories of him are being awful at crosses, and a great shot stopper- especially that one at Bristol in the play offs. Superb.

He was shit at crosses - I remember the dire day at Wigan where we lost 4-0 and all 4 were headed goals from corners. Alan Cork either quit or got fired after it.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Had to smile at him saving a penalty today as my first thought about him is how bad he was at penalties!
    I was at Walsall the day he managed to dive the wrong way and a penalty accidentally hit him. Far from a tale of heroism, the ball looped in the air to be nodded in at point blank range.

I was there, seem to remember a last minute equaliser.. gareth whalley maybe?

Pity some of you only got bad things to say about a great servant to Cardiff City.

I remember him for this game, which put us on the road to where we are today.http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot..._2/3021209.stm

The last four paragraphs sum the night up nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1927 View Post
    I was there, seem to remember a last minute equaliser.. gareth whalley maybe?
    Yes, that was the game. A point was the least we deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Yes, that was the game. A point was the least we deserved.
    Remember that, was there too! Last min, was more than that! If I recall correctly there was a lot of injury time for some reason which was unusual and he scored in about the 95th min. Carnage!

Remember that, was there too! Last min, was more than that! If I recall correctly there was a lot of injury time for some reason which was unusual and he scored in about the 95th min. Carnage!
    Good day that was, we took loads up there. Paul Merson was playing for them. I see there's a used ticket stub from that game on ebay for £1.80. It's the wife's birthday next month, I might treat her.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Good day that was, we took loads up there. Paul Merson was playing for them. I see there's a used ticket stub from that game on ebay for £1.80. It's the wife's birthday next month, I might treat her.
    You old romantic! Hope she appreciates how lucky she is.

You old romantic! Hope she appreciates how lucky she is.
    I don't think she does to be honest, she still hasn't worn the 'Velikonja is God' t-shirt I got her for Xmas.